Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

Discussion in '2001 Bentley EXP Speed 8' started by Vision K2, Aug 9, 2002.

1. #1 Vision K2, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

well from what i have read it is alot taken from the audi R8C, and the audi which was ataken from the toyota. and that they also have taken some of the idea directly from the toyota also. to check out more info on this go to www.mulsannescorner.com, it has alot of info. on the bentley, the audi, and the toyota.<!-- Signature -->

2. I am wondering if it is. Somebody tell me.

3. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

The body of the Bentley is a copy of the TS-020 according to André de Cortanze , the TS-020 designer.

4. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

???<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

This car is based on the Bentley speed 8, Chassis, suspension, body, everything except the engine which is a VW engine not Audi or bentley!

6. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

It is a racecar based on the Batmobile.

7. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Spirit</i>
    <b>I am wondering if it is. Somebody tell me.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No its not. It does show quite a few simularities to the Toyota GT1 and the Audi R8C but it is a completely different design. Frankly, it looks great!

8. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

i hate toyota, cant wait for porsche to re-enter Le Mans racing

9. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ruskygf</i>
    <b>Actually, this is an exact mechanical (engine, transmission, etc.) copy of the 2001 Audi Sport R8. Toyota has nothing to do with this car, other than similar looks.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->i think so too.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

Actually, this is an exact mechanical (engine, transmission, etc.) copy of the 2001 Audi Sport R8. Toyota has nothing to do with this car, other than similar looks.

11. No toyota gt-one its the copy of this car

<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

I think this is unique not a copy of ANYTHING. All the other cars in the Speed 8s class are open topped and look alot different, their cockpit is further back in the car isn't it?<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

Umm, yeah. That'd gotta be it, judging by the fact that the damn Toyota project failed. Yhe car never won a thing. What a huge wast of Toyota's dollars.

14. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

it probably looks like a toyota on purpose because of the ingenious, proven aerodynamics and durability of that car.

15. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

i dont think it looks very much like a Toyota GT1<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

i dont know if u have notices but most le mans prototypes look the same

17. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

No, despite the similar looking front end(even that does not look all that similar), the car is completely different. If this is a copy of anything, this is an evolution of the ill-fated 1999 Audi R8C.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

I was thinking the same thing. It does look an awful lot like the toyota.

19. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

I agree with northeast nebraskan, that is prolly why.

20. Re: Is this copy of Toyota GT-1?

i agree with dueginthesky. he seems to know alot about Le Mans.