Is this going up against the new GT or Cobra?

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by Stang808, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I know there are a lot of rumors about the next generation Mustangs. But the GT is supposed to be in the 300's and the Cobra will be in the 400's as far as HP. So that puts the performance in line with the GT,however I think this will be priced the same as the Cobra. So which one is this thing going to compete with? If it goes against the new GT they will probably be equal performers but the GT will be priced much less. And the new Cobra will out perform it and be priced the same. This car is in a lose,lose situation.

2. Re: Is this going up against the new GT or Cobra?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Stang808</i>
    <b>I know there are a lot of rumors about the next generation Mustangs. But the GT is supposed to be in the 300's and the Cobra will be in the 400's as far as HP. So that puts the performance in line with the GT,however I think this will be priced the same as the Cobra. So which one is this thing going to compete with? If it goes against the new GT they will probably be equal performers but the GT will be priced much less. And the new Cobra will out perform it and be priced the same. This car is in a lose,lose situation.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It's going to compete against the new cobra, because it has 390hp and this has 350hp.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Is this going up against the new GT or Cobra?

by new I ment next generation. The 2004 Mustangs. All new redisigned.
    The GT is gonna be in the 300's and the Cobra will have over 400 HP

4. Re: Is this going up against the new GT or Cobra?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Stang808</i>
    <b>by new I ment next generation. The 2004 Mustangs. All new redisigned.
    The GT is gonna be in the 300's and the Cobra will have over 400 HP</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Oh, well I'll bet the gtos will get more hp. in the future to compete.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Is this going up against the new GT or Cobra?

the next gen 'stangs are nipping at the heels of the Z06. this GTO wont even be in the same league. especially when you compare performance and price. the HP figures may be close, but thats about it.<!-- Signature -->