Is this normal

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Baklava, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Sometimes when i'm standing in front of a traffic light, it feels like my car is burping or farting. It's like it burps or farts a small bit of torque and my car shakes. It's always random. No other way to describe this lol

Is this normal? Never experienced it on other cars.

2. I forget, but its a TDI isn't it? Not sure if the Euro cars are the same, but my 2010 and 2013 TDIs had regeneration procedures where they would run themselves a bit hot to burn off the crap in the exhaust filter. You didn't really notice it when you were driving, but if you caught it at a stop light the car was a noisy and vibrated quite a bit. Also smelled terribly.

3. gotta love the rotten eggs smell

4. 1.2 tsi actually. it doesn't smell and it's not constant, nor makes it any noise. the car just shakes for like a mini second and then becomes normal again. it's weird.

5. It's got to be a fuel or firing problem. Does your car require to remplace the fuel filter and at what mileage is suggested to replace the spark plugs?

Edit: Forgot to ask, what make of car is it?

6. I have no idea. It's a new car. Got in may, so i doubt anything should be replaced. The make and model are Seat Ibiza(it's just a VW polo, but different body)

7. It's brand new?

8. Yes sir

9. Bring to the dealership since it's under warranty????