Is This Supposed to Compete With the Maxima?

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS' started by LanciaDeltaIntegraleS4, Aug 9, 2002.

1. How much does this sell for? It better be less than $20,000 because otherwise it's in Maxima territory, where it would get wasted. Try 255Hp and a 6-Speed against this pig. I really hope they don't intend this to compete in the sports coupe / sports sedan market for anything more than $20k because they really would have to find some ignorant bums to dupe into buying them for more than that. Sorry if you're a fan.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Is This Supposed to Compete With the Maxima?

my friend got one thats pretty fast but he spent about 6500 dollars on aftermarket parts. But i think a maxima would eat up a stock one.

3. Re: Is This Supposed to Compete With the Maxima?

Are you ppl retarded? A Maxima is a SEDAM. This is a COUPE. no comparison.

PS-I'd go for this over the Maxima unless the 03 redign looks any good...

4. Re: Is This Supposed to Compete With the Maxima?

the Maxima is faster, in fact a stock Maxima will take a stock GTP. but you can easily add after market parts to a Monte or GTP. you can probably get the Monte close to it. but then the monte is a much bigger car and it is allot more sporty in apperance. the GTP would eat it alive with a couple simple mods. I do like the Maxima, but it is a 4-door family car afterall. you have to also realize that the Monte is a few thousand dollars cheaper, but has allot of added options that the Maxima doesn't have.