Is this the best Asian sports car ?

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-8' started by Lee Iacocca, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Choose the best for you !

2. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

i voted for the rx 7 not the rx 8

3. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

i voted for the rx 7 not the rx 8

4. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

same here bro

5. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

Only a reject would belive any of the cars mentioned is a better Asian Sports car than the Skyline. The Skyline is Japans "GO TO" guy. Everyone with an intelligent mind would know this.

6. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

then am i classified as a reject? i know the Skyline is the best but my preference is the RX-7. why? b/c its handling (yes, the skyline also has great handling at that), hardly any in sydney (too much skylines), rotary engine (if it ain't a rotor, it ain't a motor) and basically looks alot nicer than the skyline.

7. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

And here too.

8. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

I'm not voting until someone spells "IMPREZA" right.

9. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

The Skyline has my vote.

10. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

I voted for the S2000.

I had the opportunity to drive one for an extended time and found the experience almost Zen-like.

I also voted under the assumption we're talking about STOCK cars. When customization is taken into account then the Supra or Skyline probably pulls into the lead.

In a competition of truly stock cars, I would argue the S2000 is the most dynamic.

The Acura/Honda NSX is a great car, and I must admit I’ve never driven one, so it’s hard for me to make a decision. I’ve heard it’s a really wag-happy car, and has similar performance numbers to the other cars on the list, (inferior to the Supra.) Its sky high price really kills it.

The Nissan Skyline GT-R CAN make huge horsepower numbers, but it doesn’t stock. Also, let’s face it; it’s a plain looking car, and costs a fortune to bring over here.

The Nissan 350z is powerful, but it’s a heavy handler; nothing like the light-footed S2000 of RX cars.

The Mazda RX-7/8 are phenomenal cars, but the reliability of rotary engines are hurt with blowers. The transmissions are also inferior to the S2000.

The Toyota Celica/Supra? How can you vote for a mediocre front wheel drive sport coupe AND one of the greatest tuner cars of all time at the SAME time?? The Supra is powerful, with a great chassis, and an average stock suspension combined with a heavy tranny.

The Mitsubishi GT3000 isn’t bad, but it’s not great.

Mitsubishi Lancer? I assume you mean the EVO. Kick ASS, but suffers the curse of race track AWD; nothing like a fine RWD.

The Mitsubishi Eclipse…. Crap.

Subaru Impreza? I love this car, but the S2000 has a better track suspension, revvy engine, and superior tranny.

11. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

I voted for the RX8, for its Renesis engine and its wonderful handling. I would've done the Supra like always, but it isnt produced anymore.

12. Re:

It's a very difficult choice between the RX8 and S2000. Both have amazing engines which produce great output considering the size, but I have to side with the S2000 on the basis that Honda's V-Tec engine's have such an amazing record of 'Never?' failing. The RX8 hasn't proven it can match that yet. If it can then it wins, but until then....

13. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

RX8 for me, especially for its Renesis, wich company has that!

14. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

Even though it's 14 years old & costs over $90,000, it's the NSX is best. I think that you get the most for you're money with the Impreza WRX. though

15. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

I think you get the most with the RX8.
    High tech and loads of fun.

16. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

Hi this is my first post here, and i voted for the rx-7. Because the Skyline just causes udder confusion with handling and power. I've heard it handles well but feel likes your turning a tank and not a car, and I have even seen claims on cardomain.com that some have 2750hp. So i don't know what to make of the GT-R.

17. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

Yes, it handles a bit heavy cause of the AWD and the 4 wheel steering. And the aero isnt that great too.

And 2750hp isnt with the stock RB26DETT engine, the highest I have seen with that (bored up) engine is 1350hp by Exvitermini.
    Supra's with 2JZGTE engines are unofficial dyno'd at close to 2000hp...but those were dragsters and not for the street.

18. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

I absolutely love the rotary engine, but I don't like the RX-8 that much. It's heavier, less powerful & just too soft compared with the RX-7. I wish rotary engines were in more cars. 250 hp form a 1.3 liter is awesome.

19. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

i luv the RX-8. having driven it and in the process of buying one, i'd say its quite close to being one of the best asian sports car. great handling, great interior, dynamic and fun

I can definately agree that its the best CURRENT (in-production) asian sports car. however, it is not the best asian car ever produced. i gotta say the best is between the supra and the GTR.

and please dun use celica/supra... coz they are totally different cars with totally different performance as well as appearance. celicas are sh*t (one of the shittest sports car), and supras are simply wicket, i refuse to vote for both of them.

(i guess same can be said about rx7/rx8 coz the 8 is not a successor of the 7. different concepts behind them imo)

20. Re: Is this the best Asian sports car ?

the best ones are the nissans the mazda's are just pitifull and ugly