Is this the most beautiful car ever?

Discussion in '1968 Lamborghini Miura P400' started by thommo09, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I think it probably is, although there are few Ferrari's right up there, what do you guys think?

2. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

THERE AINT NOFIN BETTER THAN THE FERRARI 550 MARANELLO TWIN TURBO

SO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE BURNOUT OF THE 550 TYRES AND GET UR SENSES BACK.

CAUZ THEIR AINT ANYFIN BETTER THAN IT.

AND A BIG THUMBS UP FOR ALL THE FERRARI LOVERS ;)<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

NO this is......<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

Is there an echo in here?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

Nope, Muira ALL THE WAY BABY.

It is one of the most clean, uncluttered and PURE shapes in motoring history and is unique. Also a very historic car, and the type of car one thinks of when the term 'Supercar' is uttered.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

It's damn fine

7. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

No Ferrari's in here there supersonic... pure Lambo's!<!-- Signature -->

8. I think beautiful

Wish there were more pictures too :(<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

the Pagani Zonda C12 S is the most beautiful car ever to see the light of day.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

hmm well...i would have to say no...i think that honor goes to the 1937 Delahaye Figoni & Falaschi-bodied roadster.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

is this the most beautiful car ever? why, yes it is. as i said in the "what's your favorite lambo?" thread in the murcielago forum, i might just be crazy but i'd rather have one night with this car than a night with a britney spears or a j-lo.

12. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TIMMAHH</i>
    <b>It is one of the most clean, uncluttered and PURE shapes in motoring history and is unique. Also a very historic car, and the type of car one thinks of when the term 'Supercar' is uttered.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> To me there nothing more beautiful from that era. The Muira's looks are still hard to beat by today's standards. I prefer the P400 Sport Veloce version though.

13. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

ARE YOU NUTS???????? id rather have a night with j-lo...

14. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

there are many beautiful cars, but only a few can be on top of all, this car comes very close! the most beautiful car ever? let me sleep a night about it
    cars that can be at that top: ferrari enzo, ferrari 355, aston martin db7 vantage zagato, bugatti eb110

15. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

Question was "Is this most the most beautifull car?" not the fastest car ???!!

People who know what they talking about, and are serious classic car collectors, say that this is 1 of 3 most beutifull car ever produced.

Other 2 are: Jaguar E-type 12 roadster and Alfa Romeo tipo 33.

16. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

I think it's definitely right up there. People who bring modern cars into this equation need to think very carefully about what they bring in: when considering the beauty of a car, I think it's important to consider how well the design has or will age over time (if at all!), AND what technology is available during the time which may make it easier or more difficult to create a smooth, pretty shape. For its time, the Miura is an absolute classic! I'm not dissing modern cars or their fans, just saying, it's all about perspective, and in talking beauty, you have to think long-term! To the guy who suggested the 550 Maranello, although I respect your opinion, I personally find it too contrived and cliched to be "beautiful". When talking Ferraris, I would offer the 246 Dino GT and original Testa Rossa(s). The 246 I particularly love and may be the most beautiful car ever in my opinion, although I'm not sure! As for the Zonda... well I don't find it beautiful at the moment, but perhaps in the future I'll better appreciate its muscular, intimidating stance...

Peace.

17. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

Hmm...Yes! Yes this is the most beautiful car ever. I think that people who suggest new cars should reconsider because will you still think thay are beautiful ten years on when they aren't new cars anymore.

My top 5:
    1. Lamborghini Miura (But prefer the P400 SV to this version)
    2. Aston Martin DB6 (Contraversial, but I think it's the best looking DB)
    3. HSV Coupe GTS (It's not the most famous car in the world but I think it's pretty nice)
    4. Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa ()
    5. BMW Z1 (Cute little thing ain't it?)

18. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

simply stunning.A true,timeless classic

19. my opinion

I think it is the most stunning of all cars. Then I would put the Jag E-Type, then the 1938 Cord 812.

20. Re: Is this the most beautiful car ever?

21. Re: ...

nice car but dosent it look a bit like the gt 40?? anyway damn nice car

22. Actually, the Miura was inspired by the Ford GT40, so actually it was American ingenuity that led to an Italian supercar legend! I love the Miura, but I realize it's because the lines hint at the C3 Corvette, with the swooping fenders, etc. So far I've seen few cars that come close to the excitement and beauty of Corvettes, & this is one of them. Headlight treatment is a bit strange though-- Car would have looked better with concealed headlights (again, ala Corvette).

23. I'm definitely more Ferrari than Lamborghini, but this is the machine that must have made even The Old Man himself exclaim 'Che Bella!' No, on second thought, Mr. Ferrari would never have said that within earshot of anyone. But here it is, kids, The Most Beautiful Car of All Time. Despite many reports that it was underdeveloped and as a result absolute crap to drive, the Miura shows up on more beautiful car lists than just about anything. I somehow doubt it's not a compelling drive, probably just a bit scary. To me, the real debating starts at number two, and my choice: the Ferrari 275 GTB. Discuss, lads!

24. How about a night with J-Lo in the Miura?