Is this thing affordable or wut????????

Discussion in '1967 Ferrari 275 GTS/4 ‘NART Spyder’' started by mercbenz, Aug 9, 2002.

1. hey im confused is this car affordable or not its says 14,000

2. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

is it acutally affordable????????????????????????????????????

3. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

4. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

5. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

6. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

7. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

8. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

9. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

10. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

This was the list price of the car when it was new in 1967. Nowadys think about 75 times that.... So no, it is not affordable by everyday standards.

Also, I'd suggest you don't reply to your own posts as it annoys people!

11. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

No back then It was like about 45 thousand. <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

Well let me put it this way, a couple of years ago a 62 250 GTO went for a cool 10 million at a Sweedish auction. I'll let you figure out the rest....

13. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

yeah, it was more back then and i dont no wer sc.net get their stats or anything but i think it was more. now it'd b worth millions prob...<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

Probably a couple million for one of these. They only made 10. But not the racing history of the 250 GTO.

15. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

One recently sold for about $2 million in the US...

16. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

My friend, exercise that vacuous space inside your cranium. THINK, dammit, THINK!! There is a really big thing, called availability. When Luigi Chinetti died in 1994 everything he touched become more sacred. If not for Mr.Chinetti, these 10 cars would never have been built. I saw 4 of them at the FCA meet in CA in 1994. The one from Switzerland was with the original owner. Well. technically, Luigi was the first owner of all ten. In 1990, one was sold for $8 million. By the turn of the century I saw one go for $2.8M and another for $4M. Most of the people that own them now will not sell them-ever.Steve McQueen owned the one used in the movie "Thomas Crowne Affair." You could check EBay motors, the rest of your life, and never find one.

17. Re: Is this thing affordable or wut????????

Based on an old Road & Track article, one lucky gent in California owns two of these- one he bought right off the showroom floor. As nice as these are, I'm still partial to the 250 California SWB, but that's just me.