is this Viper worth the money?

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by AntiPimpage, May 6, 2006.

1. #1 AntiPimpage, May 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. Yes. Me personally I'd go for something similar to the car in your avatar, but that's no surprise. However the Viper RT/10 is sweet and if that's what you want go for it.

3. see thats the thing..... I can get a used C5 corvette for 20 grand and add a Lingenfeltger supercharger for the extra 10, and that car would blow the doors of that Viper R/T 10

however, the viper is a lot less common than a corvette..... especially since I live outside of Carlisle, Pennsylvania (has the largest corvette show in the world every year)

4. Use tinyurl first off.

Second off, It's worth the look. You might as well check it out, it won't hurt.

5. tinyurl?

6. #6 TNbiscuits, May 6, 2006
  7. apparently the previous mustang cobra R ripped it to pieces. wanna reconsider? just have a look at least

8. A Viper and a Vette are two completely different animals my friend...test drive em first then report back.

9. Go with the Vette. Be more of a sleeper (if you get the supercharger), and better on gas

10. I'd be concerned if they couldn't even list the exterior color properly.

11. Lol, yeah no shit.

12. Who cares what's more common, get what you like the best.

13. yeah its a good price if the car is in good condition, its an awesome car, and great if you dont want to have, like you said, a car people see every day (like the C5 apparently)

14. For the money it's fairly good.

Gen 1 = 92-96 RT/10 = 30-35K average price

I can't speak for the others here, but EVERY time I drive to work I have people honk, give me the thumbs up, and take pictures.

As far as the ride goes the 92-95 RT/10 have VERY hard rides, NO door handles, NO windows, NO ABS, NO airbags, NO hard or soft top (worth using - stock soft top takes 30 mins to put on and looks terrible) ... and which one would I pick?

I've had both Vettes and Vipers ... and hands down I'd take a Viper ANY day of the week. But then again I'm not the typical person. I don't mind roughing it a lil for the fun factor it brings.

Pick the Vette and you won't even get second looks from people. Pick the Viper and every day is a parade. You WILL NOT get a better ride, but it will have a hell of alot more fun.

As far as any NOS, Supercharger, Turbo etc ... it's pretty simple. Take the base engine and add around 200hp. So if you start with a 1995 Viper at 400hp you'll end Supercharged around 620ish. If you start with a 1995 Vette at 300hp you'll end around 515ish Supercharged. Cost from Paxton is basically the same on the blower kits so that really shouldn't factor much into your descision.

The new Z06 caught the Viper SRT-10, but Viper has yet to release it's new contender wich I'm being told it will do in Sept of this year at the VOI (Viper Owner's Invitational) in Las Vegas. I suspect that after that Corvette will be playing catch up again, and many of the Europen Supercars will be hard pressed to post better track times in any compairison trials.

15. #16 AntiPimpage, May 7, 2006
  16. "The new Z06 caught the Viper SRT-10, but Viper has yet to release it's new contender wich I'm being told it will do in Sept of this year at the VOI (Viper Owner's Invitational) in Las Vegas. I suspect that after that Corvette will be playing catch up again, and many of the Europen Supercars will be hard pressed to post better track times in any compairison trials."

You must be privy to information known only to RT/10 owners.

17. well even if this "new" viper is faster than the Z06, the Blue Devil is supposedly being developed, so it won't be long until Corvette is back on top once again

18. Although the vette would obviously be better for performance with the same amount of money into it, there's a reason the viper costs more. It has way more of an exotic image than the vette. Car guys realize that the viper isn't really much (if any) better than a vette, but the oooh ahhh factor is way bigger to your average person. So I say go for the viper. They're less common and will probably hold the resale value better too.

19. no

that money into any other used car will get you a more rewarding drive

20. ....and is going to cost quite a bit more then the Viper, not to mention the Blue Devil isn't supposed to compete with the Viper, that's the Z06's job.

21. If you're planning on driving it reguarly I'd say no. If it's a second car then ya, that'd be sweet.

22. Carlisle, eh?
    How old are you and where did/are you go to school?
    Just want to see if I know who you are (even though I think we've tried this before).

23. You buy a Viper for the fun/unique factor. If you want something loud, uncomfortable, terrible on gas, and still incredibly awesome, get the Viper. It looks to be a good price to me (assuming no damage or anything like that), but it would absolutely have to be a second car.

edit: And will somebody please tinyurl that damn link?