It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

Discussion in '1950 Morgan +4 Drophead Coupé' started by Black Devil, Nov 25, 2002.

1. So lets start a war!!!,lets vote M for McLaren,F Ferrari,W Williams !!! I vore F.

2. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

Tough one. Love M but F is better.

3. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!!!
    EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THE MERCEDES ENGINE IS THE WORST. ONLY 815 HORSES, VS FERRARI'S 860.

4. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

how do u know for a fact that this mclaren engine only has 815hp? please post a site that specifically says that the engine produces that little. if u cant then dont be saying that the engine sucks because u are pretty much assuming things. the actual engine is rumoured to be around 850-860. This engine is probably just as strong as the ferrari engine if not a bit weaker. but the ferrari engine is definately much more reliable.

5. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

I don't have a website to prove it, but Autosprint magazine (Italy) did a story on Formula 1 engines.
    They said that the McLaren has one of the highest revving engines, but it doesn't have the right combustion ratios, therefore horsepower isn't that great.

6. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

if its true , i dont think it showed in the season .....

7. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

LOL! true!

8. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!!!

come on man, can you really say, "oh yeah, the Mercedes engine has only 815hp"? and if the Ferrari had 860, then it would have been able to compete with Montoya at Albert Park this year when Montoya made the pass on Schumacer...because if you noticed, the Williams went straight pass the Ferrari and just totally overtook it and the Ferrari couldn't stay near its side. but once you get down to actual drivers, it was Schumacer that pulled it off in the end because of experience

9. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

I would really like to know if you know what you are talking about.

Mercedes-815 hp
    Ferrari-860 hp
    BMW-890 hp

But the Williams never passed the Ferrari at Albert Park, because the Williams never passed the Ferrari this year at all, BECAUSE NOBODY PASSED THE FERRARI THIS YEAR AT ALL!!!!!!
    ARE YOU SANE???

10. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

now thats just bullshit. Mercedes engines were pumping out more than 815. The 2001 car was pumping out that much. Its all rumour. Mclaren sorted out their weak engine problems already. You could see they dont fall behind on straights from their 2 rivals as they did earlier on in the season. Mclaren was probably the team which made the biggest step in improving the car this season. Williams car only has a strong engine. Its not that reliable either.

Mclaren-840-850
    Ferrari-860-880
    BMW-890+?

11. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

I already told you, the Mercedes engine doesn't have the best combustion ratios, which affects its horsepower. Maybe it was up to 830 by Suzuka, but that's still less than BMW, Ferrari, Petronas, Toyota, and even Honda, I think.
    The reason why they were able to pass their rivals and end up in third place is that they have a very competitive car in almost every way, especcially aerodynamics, which explains their passes.

12. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

Any Ilmor engineers here? didn't think so, so you're all speculating.

13. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

There are some things everybody knows, like the Asiatech engine revving at like 16500 RPM, and the Mercedes engine being underpowered.

14. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

So you can say with a mathematical certainty that the Ferrari engine produces exactly 860bhp?

I didn't think so.

15. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

Why not, theirs is the second highest-revving engine, and how do you think they could manage such a lead with lower horsepower? (besides the fact that theirs is one of the lightest cars)

16. Re: It has more power than the Ferrari F2002

The point is, unless you have a dyno printout from n Ilmor test session you cannot say "this engine produces exactly 860 bhp"

17. MP4-17 has something like 830 horse power the MP4-17D had just about 10-15 more while Ferrari had in 2002 880 and Williams kinda`same thing .
    In 2003 Williams had 920 and Ferrari 930 in theyre final version ( The ferrar F2002 for 2003 had 900 in the first 4 races ) McLaren was using practicaly a 2002 competitive engine in 2003 . As SaYjAiBaO says in he`s signature ... this shows it !
    McLaren tried the MP4-18 withc was planed to have 930 horse power but the car would stop in 30 laps so what was the use of doing it to have a season 2003 like 2004 was when Kimi was fighting for the world title .