It is awesome, but......

Discussion in '2000 Oldsmobile Alero OSV Concept' started by twincamCRX, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Why didnt they just supercharge the v6 instead of the 4 banger????<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: It is awesome, but......

Cost concerns. An inline four is cheaper to produce than a V-6. Do a little research on four cylinders and Oldsmobile. They know what they're doing.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: It is awesome, but......

yeah, in-line4 supercharged has just as much if not more power,
    as opposed to the V6, it is Oldsmobile, isn't dumb!!!

4. Re: It is awesome, but......

Where the heck are you guys getting your information from. The Alero already comes with an optional 3.4L V6! And ElCam71, what are you talkin about...the V6 produces 170 hp and 195 lb-ft of torque whereas the I4 only produces 140 hp and makes 150 lb-ft of torque. The only reason why they decided to use the 2.4L I4 is because the Oldsmobile Alero or any other N-body for that matter doesn't come with a 3.4L V6 manual...except for the Grand Am SC/T concept which was made after this. My guess would be they only did it for the manual transmission! But this would've gotten alot more power had they used the 3.4L V6 like in the SC/T concept.

5. Re: It is awesome, but......

Yeh you definatley get more power out of supercharging the V6. Those other guys don't have a clue as to waht the are talking about.

6. Re: It is awesome, but......

You are the biggest idiot on this web site! The 3.4L V-6 is very unreliable engine... I bet you didn't know that. That's okay your a FUCKING idiot. notice how GM hasn't supercharged yet!

7. Re: It is awesome, but......

STOP SPAMMING YOU RETARD.

8. Re: It is awesome, but......

where is the supercharger from

9. Re: It is awesome, but......

There were actually 2 Alero OSVs. This red one is a supercharged Inline-4, and there was a dark green one with a supercharged V6. Exact same body and such, just different colors and engines.

10. Re: It is awesome, but......

doesnt anyone realize the V6 only producecd 20 more HP when supercharged? for the cost that would be rather stupid. you could gain that back in a cheaper way with the 4. Either way, does anyone actually know how to supercharge these engines. I didnt even know this car existed but i was thinking about a turbo or super charger. would like to know what im going to need.