IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

Discussion in '2002 Cadillac Cien Concept' started by DANVM, Oct 14, 2002.

1. GM just announced it. Read page 26 of the November issue of MOTOR TREND, the Cadillac XLR section. I know, it's sad, but, hey, we've got that V16 Super-Sedan coming up, so....

2. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

that's really too bad, what company offers a 750 hp car for $200,000? this would have been a car to die for.

3. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

Well, you've still got to remember that They might reconsider it in the future. I've seen cars come out that resemble concepts shown several years ago.

4. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

That'd be awesome if it would come out l8er in the years with even more high tech stuff... for now I think GM has a lot on their hands.. (XLR, SSR, C6, Silverado SS, CTS-V series)

5. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

ah damnit. what could've been is now lost.

6. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

Well, duh. look at it, do you expect to see groundbreaking and futuristic deisgn like that on the streets?

7. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

yeah why not? look at the cunningham C7

8. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

Not completely lost

9. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

never mind, go to the C7 and look at my lopic "Bye-Bye"

10. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

I'm with you man this car should be scraped to put it out of it's misery, then again Cadillac should be put out of it's misery they suck. The only good cady is a classic cady, from the years when they still had fins and looked like cady's.

11. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

thats true.

12. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

This is sad.. maybe that deal GM made with Ferrari will change things

13. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

Shut up!! Cars change. They aren't going to make a caddy with wings anymore. How could you lie to your self?? Saying this isn't good?

14. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

It's sad how cars have changed. This is very cool, but I miss the good ole days.

15. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

16. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

well man i don't agree everyone has his its own taste so i think we should bare that in mind. But nevertheless i agree that the old caddies are cool.

17. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

I don't like old caddies. I don't like anything before 1964.5. I like muscle cars, but not hot rods.

18. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

Hell yes

19. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

actually, this car is on the streets. I broke into GM and stole it. I've been tooling around in it for months. If anybody wants a ride, let me know. If you're in the continental US I can be there in 20 minutes.

20. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

let me think...yes...why?

Murcielago, Ferrari Enzo, Nissan 350z, and the GT40...

21. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

Hey, if you ask me, the person with that second post up there, jaguarkid02, has just a little too much time on his hands. And he needs to get that MantronixFX quote out of his signature, cause that is a bunch of bull. Let's look at a couple of these:

"Ford's revenue is much larger than GM, how can Ford be falling behind GM, if they sell more cars and trucks than GM"
    Who was it that had a declining value for three of the last four quarters, it definiatly wasn't GM. Who sold more trucks? GM (GMC and Chevy combined), not Ford. Who was the top company out of all the industries, not just the automotive, yeah, GM.

"the blue oval is the most recognized icon in the world"
    Now that is just pathetic that anyone would even consider that. I would highly consider Ferrari or Porsche or Lamborghini to be FAR more recoginized. Little kids sit at home and dream about owning and driving Lambos and Ferraris, and they don't even know anything about cars, and even they show more interest and recoginize them more. Even in the 60's, the Cadillacs were considered "The standard of the World", although they have fallen from that title, and although someone has to most definiately reclaim that title, it is definiatly not Ford.

"If anything GM has been chasing ford with the muscle car category" Ever heard of a 1964 Pontiac GTO??? Considered by most people to be the first true muscle car. What year did the Mustang hit the dealership floor, 1965. Oh, so that means GM had a muscle car before Ford. So I'm sorry, but just take a look at it, GM had the first muscle car through the Pontiac nameplate.

"But even still, Mustangs outsell camaros/firebirds/firhawks/corvettes combined."
    Hey, GM can't be accountable for people that can't realize the truth. And in addition to that, how many of those were the $12,000-24,500 V6 Mustangs, which are alot cheaper then any Corvette? So what if there are more V6 Mustangs running around then Corvettes, that doesn't exactly sound like a comparision of quality, build, design, or overall vehicle stature. Just sounds like evidence of what people making 30K a year would rather blow their money on. And just a side note, the Firebird and Firehawk, same thing. The Firehawk is pretty much just the equivalant to the SS package on the Camaro.

"Its a numbers game"
    Well looking at the numbers, GM produces faster cars. Let's consider this:
    2001 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra R base price - $51,445 1/4 mile - 13.09
    2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 base price - $46,885 1/4 mile - 12.59 Looks like the "numbers" favor the GM product, by 5K and .5 second. And according to magazine reviews, GM has the higher quality vehicle too. I don't know if I could stand driving that Cobra R without any air conditioner.

"The 2001 Cobra...320HP from a 4.6. GM's SS 325Hp from a 5.7"
    And did you bother to consider torque? 317 for the Stang, 350 for the SS. Maybe not much, but still, "It's a numbers game", right? There are different ways of making power, why do you have to knock on someone elses mode of resorces. And if you are going to stick behind this comment, don't bring up any 427 or 428 powered Mustangs, cause the '67 Corvette Grand Sport was making 100 more horses then those with only 377 cubes.

Go ahead and attack an individual company under GM, I'm sure the FoMoCo can take them. But once you start talkin about GM as a corporation, you can just shush up, cause no one wants to write replys this long to prove you wrong.

Sorry this is so long, but some peoples logic, I'll never understand...

22. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

Might yet see a limited production according to the Cadillac rep. at the 2003 LA auto show.

I saw the Cien at the show today and it was definately the most beautiful car there in my opinion. Looks amazing in person. No picture could ever do it justice... not even the 10 I took of it.

Now the Enzo on the other hand...thats a car that looks better in the pictures.

23. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

you moron the gt40 was first made in 1966 to beat ferrari at its own game and it killed the ferraris. the gt40 is NOT new

24. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

well, think of it this guys, they wouldn't have dropped it if there weren't something better they were making, check out that big motha of a car with 16 cylinders..... damn....

25. Re: IT IS NOT SEEING PRODUCTION!

Sure they do have a new monster car now...but these are completely different vehicles. I'd still rather have the Cien.