It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello' started by corollawagon, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

For crying out loud, people, learn how to bloody spell !

2. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Hey meradur, I am 14 and I have seen some Ferraris close up, and I think they are the BEST. It is not just because of looks. I know, also, that the REASON FERRARI COSTS SO MUCH IS BECAUSE FOR ONE, IT'S FOREIGN, AND THAT DOESN'T HELP THE PRICING, ALSO IT IS HANDCRAFTED, AND MORE OF A PIECE OF ART THAN A CAR. So stop thinking that all of us "children" are like what you described, so STOP WITH THE INSULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Maybe he'll stop when you learn how to make the little "CAPS LOCK" light disappear. You're far too young to already harbor so much anger. Try riding your bike to relieve the stress, or play hopscotch, whichever seems more mature.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

ok you morons, i've had it!!!!!!
    Obviously no one in this forum knows a damn thing about ferrari. Where do you get the idea that this car is different from the 550? they have done no changes to the exterior whatsoever!!!!! And for all of you critisizing pininfarina's work of arts: you should really compare this to all of those cars out there. They're even trying to look like Ferrari now!!!! If ferrari wanted to please all of you people who dont know anything about sport cars you would just ruin it. Try to consider the evolutionary stages of the design, the aerodynamic studies, and the smooth flow of lines in the design.(they have always been a trademark of ferrari)

5. That honor goes to the Aston Martin Vantage....
    It has F1 gearshift coupled with a great agressive v12.....<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Actually the DB7 Vantage uses a techtronic transmission and not a sequential f1 style shifter like in this machine!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

He said Vanquish not Vantage. The Vanquish uses a Magnetti Marelli F1 gear box very similar to the Ferrari's and it is a V12

8. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

true dat. And in my opinion the Vanquish looks better than this. <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuPERkAJ</i>
    <b>That honor goes to the Aston Martin Vantage....
    It has F1 gearshift coupled with a great agressive v12.....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    But it is the first Ferrari to have a v-12 F1 style shifting. It is a nice looking car with good improvements. I would love to get my hands on one.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Actually Greystroke, he did say Vantage. Get your eyes checked. But you are right in that the Vanquish was the first with a sequential F1 style box mated to a v12.

11. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Ok i couldn't stand here and let you talk that way about a ferrari. Now,this goes for all of you who are ignorant of the subject. Regarding the f1 gearbox technology, the honor goes to and only goes to ferrary because they were the ones that supplied the technology to Aston Martin. Ferrari has distributed their f1 gearchanging technology to many car manufacturers. so instead of jumping into conclusions read the facts first.

12. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Regardless of the transmission; this car is much better than the weak Astin Martin DB7 Vantage. (Granted I would take on in a heartbeat.) But the the point is that this is a 512 HP Ferrari V12, as opposed to two Ford V6's matted together in the weak 420 HP Vantage. C'mon people, think about it. It doesn't get any better than Ferrari. Other than the Schumacher Element; which much be considered, why do you think Ferrari has 2 consecutive Formula One Drivers and Constructors Championships? Because they're the shit. I dare one of you losers too reply to me, you're all pathetic.

13. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

I agree with you about the superiority of Ferraris (after going to Maranello), however Ferrari's main challenger to the Aston Martin DB7 is the 456M, the Vanquish is the logical challenger to the 550.

14. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Aston Martin's can't even be compared with Ferrari's. They are huge, bulky, bumbling sports cars with power that is downright sub-par. Ferrari has a long racing tradition, including countless wins and championships. I think they know how to build a car!<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

So we're using racing heritage to backup the performance and styling of a car?

If that's so, Ferrari is one of the best car manufacturer around. To bad it cost so so much for a car.

I really think a car manufacturer can make a great car regardless if they won races or not. If there cars has a good consistency of reliability, affordability, and quality then it should be granted as a great car/car manufacturer. Many of us are judging Ferrari's cars by its name, mainly. If another car company that produces the same car with the caliber of Ferrari's quality and reliability, I doubt that person would give that manufacturer the same credit or honor.

Does everyone agree that the only reason why we give respect to this car and other future Ferraris are due to its brand name, "Ferrari?" It's very hard to believe that someone would like a car because their race team won many races in the past and present. Yes, it probably has some influence on the car they manufacture, but really, does anyone even care? You buy a car because it looks good and reliable. It's reliable because you heard that the manufacturer are getting good responses from reviewers or previous owners.

It's all about the name. And if you say this is one of the best car around, that's bs. I can name tons of cars better than this and cost a fraction of its cost. The Ultima GTR is more than an 1000 lbs lighter and has more HP/torque, and looks much better. A Ferrari fan might not agree because he likes Ferrari's and he has never heard of Ultima. This is my exact point, all about name brand. Yeh, this is just another car, mainly, too expensive. Looks are quite bland.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

heh, i agree with onlooker. put a hyundia badge on this car and the trasher talkers would come running.

17. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

I agree some of your opinions. This cars is far too much money. Half that price and you can get somthing that will out-preform it.

However i like the look of the Maranello, and its one of the only cars i would like one day own. Not for the name, but for the look and feel, and the work that went behind it.

But true enough, the Ulitma is a far better car for the money. Even though i think its ugly as sin.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

This page should have said, " first Front-engined Ferrari with F1 shifter."

As far as onlookers comments, true, true. But I realize, most of the people on this board are children, no one in general, and probably haven't seen a Ferrari in real life. They look at the numbers posted up top, and draw conclusions that their beloved machines are the best, and that you should follow their lead. I myself am just figuring this out, and am coping. I wish there wasn't so much "mine's better cause this, this and that," and ending with, "Screw you your mothers a toad-licker," but I feel it wont stop. But There are many of us who love competition, slicing the curves with grace, and pimping down the strip at 15 mph! <!-- Signature -->

19. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Hey guys..is it just me..or is it with every damned year that goes by...Every new Front Engined Ferrari looks gets worse and worse.
    I mean the 550 was really nice..and so was the 456..but this is just downright and insult!!
    I hope Pinnafarina didn't design this thing, cuz if they did....AIYA!! =P

Seriously, the 360 is pretty good..but not exactly great..355 looked better.

Anyone else here see what I'm getting to? Ferrari is losing it's uniqueness and sexiness to performance and modern tech. That ain't right.

As for heritage..I dunno. Ferrari heritage is good, but dun you think Ferrari is sorta losing it?

Aston Martin. Ok..I understand Ford bought them out, but you don't remember what Aston is all about. It's not bout performance and racing, it's bout luxury!! Luxury is definitely not something you can criticize on the Vanquish =P Plus, I like the design much much more. Ok...it's pseudo modern, but it's still got the classic Aston lines...the smooth arches and all.

Best combo...mate a Ferrari engine with that Aston..you'll get a nice luxo, hot looking car with blistering speed to match.

Who Agrees? =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

i agree with the punisher, but i think that with a little patience ferrari will be wowing us all soon with another absolute beautiful looking sports machine<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Hey this fkoenig550 kid sounds like someone else.....anyway how do you know it's the best? When your 60 years old and you can finally afford one, and you go to the gas station every 100 miles, put 40 dollars of gas in it, take it to some outrageously priced ferrari mechanic and spend 1500 dollars on a "Ferrari-unique" brake caliper pad, and are scared to take it out of the garage except for on sundays to ride it for 40 minutes before your butt is hurting, then tell me it's the best. Until then, don't assume it's the best.( I know I embellished some of this, but how far off am I?)<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Okay. I'm 17 and it would be very difficult for me to ever get my hands on a Ferrari to drive, let alone OWN one. Oh yeah, and since I'm so young, there is no way that I could have EVER even SEEN one of these beasts, right Meradur? Well, I will say one thing. I LOVE cars. A lot. I am 17, so I can read, and I do. I subscribe to Road & Track and buy EVO (ever heard of THAT one, Meradur?) every month, just because in Canada it's cheaper to do that than to subscribe. I do realize that there are other kids out there who think that they know everything because they play GT3, and they really bug me, so I am proud to say that most of my knowledge comes from reading, and 'research'. Merdur, how much time have you spent in car museums? Or better yet if you're from North America, how many Euro ones have you been to? All i'm asking is for a little more respect from older guys like yourself, and a little more credit. Please educate yourself before posting dumb replies. How many kids have you actually TALKED to? Try it. You may surprised.

PS: I have seen many Ferraris. If it's parked, I stop dead and stusy it, not caring if I'm late. If it's moving, I stop dead and follow it with my head, admiring it (albeit from afar). If I have the chance I WILL talk to the driver/owner. How many times ya done THAT!?!?!

23. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Reply to onLOoker
    You sound like a person who drives a Honda. All show and no go! To some of us performance is the first thing we look at in a car (although I admit I love the way this Ferrari looks). And race hertage is a HUGE factor in production performance and reliability. When you build the very best car of the very best racing this says something about your production cars. As for the price who could expect them to charge any less. They have to pay for the R&D somehow.

24. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

Ferraris are expensive for many reasons. R&D, engineering (its not cheep to design a car with this kind of power and finesse, no matter what company you are), hand construction, for you people who do not know anything about business, hand building a car costs a lot more than programing a robot to make a million. With this hand craftmanship you get quility which resembles the contruction of true racing cars (not what YOU race).
    One of the reasons people get a Ferrari is so that people who know cars stop what ever they are doing and stare, wishing they had the honor of just sitting in one. Sure you can hop up anyone of a hundred cars to go MUCH faster then this, but never with the style of Ferrari or Porsche.

Before you sware purfusely about how your civic can beat this, for one minute sit back and marval at how much work goes into any supercar, and that is the reason we are all reading and debating these sometimes crazy arguments.

For all you who think im a pussy SCREW YOU!! I can simply appreciate any car that im in that can kick your car's ass.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: It is not the first V12 car with F1 gearshift!!!!!!

I usually never reply to any of the misinformed crap that gets posted on these forums, but I have finally had enough.

OzyF1, you keep talking all this trash about people needing to get their facts straight, well you need to come to a self-realization that you don't know jack. You claim that your precious Ferrari engineered and built F1 semi-automatic gearboxes and then sold them to Aston Martin and other manufacturers. Well, YOUR WRONG! Magneti Marelli, who supplies numerous manufacturers with F1 gearboxes built the transmission, not Ferrari. The Aston Martin Vanquish's F1 gearbox is even more advanced than the one Ferrari uses in the 360 Modena and Spider. You also claim that their were no exterior changes done to the 575M. WRONG AGAIN! Look at the front end and you'll see that they removed the fog lights from the grille and reshaped the headlights. They also reshaped the front air intakes and made the headlamps color-keyed with the body color. Try looking at the new wheels as well. The ignorance on these forums simply blows me away sometimes. Try coming over to the Car and Driver or Road and Track Forums and see how little you actually know about automobiles.

Pininfarina's latest designs have been somewhat of a letdown to Ferrari lovers. The 550 is considered one of the most bland and plain designs to come out of Ferrari in years, but nevertheless a great car with one of the best driving experiences there are to be had in a Ferrari, and the 360 has nothing on the 355. The 360 lacks the heritage that you claim all of them have. It traded the classic Ferrari grille for a Mclaren F1 copy, and the proportions of the car make it seem chunky. That is why you see mostly rappers and other new money driving them around, not Ferrari connoisseurs.

Some of you people are unbelievable

--SP--