It look all right, but american cars suck

Discussion in '2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt GT' started by Murcielago#1, Aug 9, 2002.

1. read

the bullitt seems alot faster than 10 hp compared to the stock gt..

2. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

A BMW M3 is slow as shit I out run my friends all the time.

3. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

What makes u say that? I think the Ford Focus is a great car and guess what? Its among the best in the WRC seconded only by the Pugeot 206. Plus the Chevy Corvette Z06(my fav) can kick nearly any car u throw at it!!!

4. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

um and your chevy has no p regulations no hp regulations so that soe of the cars i want to throw at it (as well as rocks and bricks) at an unfair advantage but here goes Nissan skyline bmw m3 and m5.

5. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Iceman00</i>
    <b>um and your chevy has no p regulations no hp regulations so that soe of the cars i want to throw at it (as well as rocks and bricks) at an unfair advantage but here goes Nissan skyline bmw m3 and m5.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'm guessing you are referring to Japan when you talk about "regulations". The "regulations" in Japan are nothing more than a gentleman's agreement which Honda broke a long time ago with their NSX. What's your point?

6. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

M3 ??? M5 ???

Look everybody knows these are slow cars...

When they were lanched there are a lot of people who don't really know if they're good... But today... come on !!! Choose another one...

The skyline is only one more project trying to beat the Mustang...

If you want compare a standard Mustang with another car you may go to the Mustang FR500 or Cobra R forum.

Or maybe if you want a modified one why don't you go to the Mustang Steeda or the Mustang Saleen SR forum ?

Choose wisely and we will be proud to smoke you.
    <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

Could it be because they change the Muffler ? I think is it.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

Why do people say that all American cars suck? Do you really think that whenever a car is produced in America that it must suck? So if ferrari moved(this is hypothetical, I know this would never happen) to the United States all of a sudden they would suck right?

9. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

It's typical that import fans bash american cars on each and every opportunity they get. ya know what? we (me included) do it too. so if you think 4 cylenders is the way to go, good, great grand~! and if 8 (or 10, 12, whatever) is your magic number, all for it. American muscle cars are sooooo much different than front wheel (or all wheel) drive CV shaft driven imports wether it be euro or japanese. if you want to make a comparison, dont make yourself sound like a goddamn idiot and start compairing apples to oranges.

as far as mustang goes, ford has done extremely well marketing them. my only grip is that i feel sorry for them (not a bash) in that, they work their asses off to make a 4.6 nearly always fall just short of the larger displacement compeditors ie: GM F-bodies. Ford would have been much better off, and probably on top had they stuck with something similar to the 5.8 (351) much like a 5.7 is Gm's benchmark. <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JeepGranCheroke</i>
    <b>A BMW M3 is slow as shit I out run my friends all the time.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

slow??? where u from?? are u sure u mean M3??? go back to sleep<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

I know that you directed the answer to JeepGrandCherokee, but I'll explain why I agree with him.

I know this is a Bullitt forum but if somebody want to compare a BMW from the M division, he must do the same with any other company.

So if it's a Mercedes must be an AMG, if it's a Ford must be an SVT.

I never heard about a BMW M3 or M5 beat an SVT COBRA or COBRA R...
    <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

I had a question a BMW lover may answer.

When I was in Germany, everybody I knew/met all share the opinion that the Audi/Mercedes-Benz are bettwr car than the BMW.

Someboy knows why ? Maybe That's why I wasn't in Bayern and only people loves BMW ? But I stay in München a lot too(BMW homweland, in Bayern) and I feel the same feeling...

Maybe it's due the BMW past ? (their cars from 1950 to 1969 were really bad)<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

i am so sick of you japs comin' in here thinkin your cool cause you can type up some words.

well if i put my camaro up against an acura nsx
    i would win cause japanese regulations are a hell of a lot
    worse than american regs.

so don't come in here bashing the mustang or any other
    american car for that matter!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaroking396</i>
    <b>i am so sick of you japs comin' in here thinkin your cool cause you can type up some words.

well if i put my camaro up against an acura nsx
    i would win cause japanese regulations are a hell of a lot
    worse than american regs.

so don't come in here bashing the mustang or any other
    american car for that matter!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'm a big fan of american cars and all, but don't put yourself up for a loss, because you think the japanese regulations are that much worse than those on your precious v8... keep in mind there is more to a fast car than just a huge motor.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

I think most people in Germany prefer Mercedes and Audi over BMW because on Europe all those cars are a lot cheaper than they are here, so people can get any car of the same category from those manufacturers for about the same price. BMW fixates a lot more on engines and exterior looks than Mercedes and Audi do, although all of their cars are just as nice. Mercedes and Audi are more concerned with interior amenities, so German people like them more because they are more comfortable. At least that's what I think.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

this is for the tomasferara prick.you nimrad you suck Americn cars ROCK!!!!!!!!!IMPORTS SUCK!!!!!!! A CORVETTE COULD SMOKE AN IMPORT ANYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A STOCK VETTE

17. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

well i know this for a fact.

a v8 could take out an acura nsx anyday so i need to have my camaro ss race against something but i also want my newest child into the family(my 66 shelby cobra) to race the....................

to race the supra from fast and furious better yet lets make the rules like this.

1) ME vs SUPRATOWN
    2) they get to use NOS
    3) i still win because my car is always faster.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

the fastest american car is faster than the fastest import<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: It look all right, but american cars suck

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Josh6474</i>
    <b>Why do people say that all American cars suck? Do you really think that whenever a car is produced in America that it must suck? So if ferrari moved(this is hypothetical, I know this would never happen) to the United States all of a sudden they would suck right?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Anyone who says all american cars suck is ignorant. There are quite a few great american cars. Corvette, Transam, and Firebirds are good examples. However, I think you could argue very successfully that when a car comes to the american market from outside, it usually sees a drop in horsepower, torque, acceleration, and value. Why is this? Who knows? Maybe car producers in other countries who decide to get into the american market are having a disconnect between their lawyers and engineers. Hopefully this will change with the arrival of the WRX STi and the Lancer Evo VII... but look at some of the best cars outside of this country... the Skyline GT-R and the Nissan Silvia for example. Incredible what they can do, and amazingly low priced for our standards where they sell overseas? Why aren't these cars being made in America? Maybe automotive companies couldn't justify moving them to the market here because they know that Americans buy more compact cars and SUV's now and they wouldn't be able to turn enough of a profit to make it worth their while. But I for one, would also hate to see a 220 HP Nissan Skyline GT-R produced here... and I hate the way they usually wussify everything that comes into this country... although I do applaud Nissan's efforts as far as their redesigned Altima is concerned and the approaching release of the 350Z.

And as far as american cars that do suck... well (hehe) there are plenty. The one that aggravates me the most? The goddamn Pontiac Vibe GT-R. Whatever idiot decided to put the GT-R badge on that piece of shit should be castrated, beaten within an inch of his life, and run over by a Skyline GT-R... especially after Mitsubishi so carefully renamed their car from the GTO to the VR-4 so not to piss off americans who revered the Pontiac GTO... what the hell were they thinking? But I digress. <!-- Signature -->