It needs to have double headlights.

Discussion in '2004 Pontiac GTO' started by rex4ev, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

well, it's not quite a trans am since it's made out of a monero, but i agree about the nothing new part. it's a bit dissapointing.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

I think it's great since it looks like a monaro and a pontiac put together it combines two great cars into one awsome car.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rex4ev</i>
    <b>well, it's not quite a trans am since it's made out of a monero, but i agree about the nothing new part. it's a bit dissapointing.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well, if you're disappointed that it's almost identical to a Monaro, I'm actually glad it is. I was afraid Pontiac would make it look like [suspenseful music please] the rest of them.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

lol. i'm not to pleased with pontiacs "look" presently either.
    but i cant say that the look of this GTO is a step in the right direction. it looks like a bunch of cars thrown into 1 design.
    here's some of what i see, Chrysler 300M, Montecarlo, GrandPrix,... <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rex4ev</i>
    <b>lol. i'm not to pleased with pontiacs "look" presently either.
    but i cant say that the look of this GTO is a step in the right direction. it looks like a bunch of cars thrown into 1 design.
    here's some of what i see, Chrysler 300M, Montecarlo, GrandPrix,... </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I like the grand am, grand prix, firebird(while they're still makeing them), and gto.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

yepp all good cars.... the sunfire shud get a new look soon and better engine (PLEASE!) i mean cmon the thing is like the shiyt of the firebird just crap put together

7. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

lol. i think they are decent cars but to improve sales they need an overhaul. no cladding and more muscular looks. <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

<b>lol. i think they are decent cars but to improve sales they need an overhaul. no cladding and more muscular looks. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Then as far as styling is concerned, this GTO <i>is</i> a step in the right direction for Pontiac. Not really a muscular-looking car, but at least they ditched the cladding.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

true, there's no cladding, but where's the muscle?<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

Blame it on the EPA. Shame they can't let GM import the HSV coupes instead.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

yeah, just dont call it a GTO<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

the double headlights would be nice, but the double headlights didn't make the GTO what it is. it's wonderful 400 cc powerplant did (1969). but with all these ohh lets conserve fuel idiots 11 mpg isn't a vbery good idea.

13. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

what? hello, is anyone there?<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>yepp all good cars.... the sunfire shud get a new look soon and better engine (PLEASE!) i mean cmon the thing is like the shiyt of the firebird just crap put together</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The sunfire will get a new look and a better engine. I like the 2004 grad prixs alot to.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

it should be redone all over not just a face lift. <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

<b>yeah, just dont call it a GTO</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yes, please do. The old gtos were just chevelles and this is just a monaro so it will make a perfect legend. <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

not in my opinion. it only degrades the legend. gm is just trying to save money. the reason it was based of another car originally is because it did'nt exist before. now that it has become a legend, they should give it more respect.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

What they really should have done was come out with a brand ass new V8 for it. I dislike Chevy's idea that "if it's good for the 'Vette, it's good for any fast car we make." attitude. The GTO was part of the innovation for musclecars, they could have innovated a new engine for this beast.
    Hell, I'd be happier if they had crammed in a +4L V6 that had good power, near 300 atleast. But this is my opinion, blah blah blah,
    Yakkedy shmackedy
    I'm done ranting,
    §cotty<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

someone spank this monkey boy! now [email protected]!<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

Someone spank you so maybe you'll stop posting every couple hours about how Chevy shouldn't bring back the GTO. I mean, Jesus christ kid, get a life and go do something...organize a protest from all I care, just leave us alone.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

lol. i love how all the people on this site are so young but always want to call others kid.

there's nothing wrong with the LT1. it has amzing performance and is also very reliable. i would have liked to see the gto look more like the legendary Judge. instead, we get this car that looks like a monte carlo/grand prix.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

Sorry, I just fail to see the point here: Pontiac is aiming to reinvent itself in a way here it looks like, right? So what do they do? Take two different cars, merge them into one, and toss on a new body. Typical GM fashion. I just feel that if your gonna do something like this, you might as well go all out....or "half" all out. Just so long as the GTO isn't relegated to a wheezing four banger, FWD p.o.s. I'm happy. But they seriously could have put more effort into it other than:
    "What's one of our best chassis currently being made?"
    "Monaro it seems sir."
    "Good...and we know these fellow American's like V8s, and our best V8 is the LT-1...put them together engineer, and label it the GTO!"

I guess that I feel that GM is limiting itself too damned much...That is why I wish they would introduce a new engine...atleast.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

ok, your beef is with the engine, mine is with their tactics. i agree that they are falling short of what an industry leader should be doing.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: It needs to have double headlights.

Ok, Why did someone say "CHEVY" shouldn't bring back the gto?? It's a pontiac not chevy. I think it doesn't need double headlights, because it looks better this way. Do mustangs have round headlights anymore...........,no.<!-- Signature -->