It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

Discussion in '2002 Ford Thunderbird' started by killer69, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This car is an incredible show of what Ford is capable of. It has a massive V-8 that hardly produces power at all, an interior stolen from another car, and shows that Ford can't come up with any new good-looking car designs, so they steal them from old classic cars and call it retro, as if that justifies the fact that it's design is that of another's. Ford sucks bad.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from killer69</i>
    <b>This car is an incredible show of what Ford is capable of. It has a massive V-8 that hardly produces power at all, an interior stolen from another car, and shows that Ford can't come up with any new good-looking car designs, so they steal them from old classic cars and call it retro, as if that justifies the fact that it's design is that of another's. Ford sucks bad.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It is a luxury car not a Fuckin sports car. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

hey killer69 enywhere in ford forum you go i will be there to shut you up. first of all its a 3.9liter with 252 hp. lets 5.7liter with 320hp or so not much of a difference you dumb ass. second look at all of chev line up they all have (specially the trucks and some suv) the same cheap ass nobs and switches so shut your mouth again. and as coping look at the try chev did with their retro roadster.
    thats why this car is reaching prices about 5grand more than brand new when sold second hand.

4. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

Mario your Penis is one inch.

5. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

agian shut your mouth, damn you must be the most anyoing guy in this website. and oooh yah that really hurt, you are lucky i don't want to scoop as low as low, or trust me you wouldn't be reading this thread.

6. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

Okay honestly i don't like how this car looks in the pictures. When i first seen it i thought it was the biggest pos ever. However One day about a week ego I saw one in person, this guy maybe in his mid 50s. after looking at the car in person I actually wanted it, it was a nice red color. Nice intirior all stock i talked to the guy for a bit, he was waiting for his wife asked him how fast that thing goes etc. Anyways here is the point I'm trying to make. This car is actually very nice, True it has no balls and would lose to any sports car out there, due to it's heavy weight too. Yet this car wasn't made to race, those days are behind it now. It's desighned for people who like classic cars. I said this before and I'll say it again Ford like every other company is trying to make money, not please some stupid high school kid who only knows: "ouuhh ouuhh car pretty, ouhh ouhh car go fast" **** you, your so dumb it's not even funny. Since no one seems to make old classics anymore, Ford saw the oppertunity to make money on that, and that's all there is to it. Also don't forget that this car can be moded, to run some decent times. If you can get a civic, integra, to do 12s or what ever, which isn't bad, then you sure as hell cad do it with this car. So again shut up and get a clue.

7. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

Cool car, laughable performance

8. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

Yes, but Civic's and Integra's give much better return for modifications, and don't forget, there are Civic's that have gotten into the mid 9's with stock (Mugen) engines, and there are one's that are even running high 7's with non-Civic engines dropped in (ie: engines that are closer to 3000cc than 2000cc)

9. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

LoL

10. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

So when did this become a civic/asian car forum. For starters, when was a stock 280hp/286lb-ft from a NA 3.9 litre considered laughable performance, as is currently available in the 2003. If ford removed any vestage of luxury from this vehicle you would have a very capable sports car. However, Ford had/has no intention of making this a sports car. This is a luxury car, please pay attention to that. In refereence to the prior comment civic's running 7's, could please site a specific site where we can see this/these civics? 8secStang is right, I'm sure there are more than a few individuals who could tweak this car to an outright monster capable of competing with the times listed in passwords prior post. Password keep things in perspective, this is a stock luxury car and not an uber-modified drag car as you have listed in your reply. I do realize that this particular car reflects a more anemic version of the 2003' model, but even this kind of performance from a small v-8 is STILL respectable. Once again, keep things in perspective. True, though, a civic/integra can be modified to run some amazing times, but so can this. Secondly, until you attempt to modify this engine you can lay no claim to the fact that you get more for your money from the mods of civic/integra. Fords can be just as easily and successfully modified.

11. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

I was posting that in response to what somebody else said, otherwise I would never have brought up Civics and Integra's.

And I know it was not supposed to be high on performance whatsoever, I said that because so many Americans think it is a "High Performance" car" that, so many times you ask someone what their favourite sports car is they say "duh....the new T-Bird" And I'm sick of this, it never has been and never will be a high performance car whatsoever, why don't they get this?? It is a cool car though.

And I consider this type of performance laughable because a lot of American fans say the same thing about the 280hp of a 3.2 liter V6, that is in a certain car that has phenomenal handling, and is a lot faster than what the performance specs suggest.

12. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

I agree keep your honda stuff in the honda forums. Any how I'm a Ford fan but I feel Ford and all American companies need to knock off the "retro" thing. That crap was cool for about 10 minutes. I read an article that was right. It basically posed the question if we keep trying to remake old classics where will our new classics come from? We'll just keep rehashing the same thing. I heard ford might try to make the new mustang look like the ones form the late 60s and early 70s. They were some of the damn coolest looking stangs ever but its already been done. The new stangs look freakin sweet too so keep it going. Don't rehash.

13. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

Your the biggest moron on the planet. This design was used from older Ford Thunderbird line ups. It's there own design from before! How do you steal something that belongs to you?

Plus the seats and intreior paneling is not copyed from any newer model. The dash is and console is, but every car company does this.

14. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

read this guy's post.

15. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

I bet 8secstang's car doesn't run 8s

16. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

lol I wouldn't be surprised.

17. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

I dont like this either, it has horrible exterior style, also the interior, it is plain hidious, but i can still respect it, but i wouldnt want or drive it

18. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

I suports evrything killer69 says. Ford has a habit of puting huge engines in cars that make like 200 horsepower like a 94 gt. Also Ford has made some of the ugliest cars in the world. FORD IS SHIT!

19. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

and so is GM....

20. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

for every american car, there is a foreign car that is exactly the same only less expensive, more reliable, and more fun to drive.

21. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

i don't like ford at all but i will say this: the thunderbird isn't a god damn sports car. i mean it's not like every car needs to be a #$%#ing twin turbo, dose it?

22. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

ford took a classic and turned it into a heap of shit.

23. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

you have a point but still it's not a car made to run 1/4 quickly!!

24. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

does the word plastic mean anything to u

25. Re: It sucks bad. I actually back up my statement.

I personally would never buy this..... ever