italian BMW

Discussion in '1980 BMW M1 Procar' started by iluvcamaro, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: italian BMW

2. Re: italian BMW

Yo it seems like this ain't working.

3. Re: italian BMW

Well of course, how else would the Japanese generate money if they refused to build plants outside of Japan? Ferrari and Porsche are in their own league; they're too small compared to other companies so they must build their cars in their respective countries. Comparing Ferrari to Honda doesn't make sense. Now comparing the Yakuza to La Cosa Nostra, I think we know who will win. :D

4. Re: italian BMW

there isnt one car thats made 100% from one country's products. were learning about this in history. globalization and world economy and all. companies get parts from whatever part of the world is the cheapest. so i garantee your japanese car has somehting from germany and/or italy and/or america and other euro countries.

5. Re: italian BMW

the only thing i want to say is that bmw was is and it will be the greatest car manufacturer in the whole world i love ferraris and other italian brands but i'm an ardent supporter of bmw.m1 was the first car in the history in 1980 with such big amount of hp/litre check it out and tell me.M3 e36 e46 best cars ever made <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: italian BMW

BMW DOES RULE JUST LOOK AND SEE WHAT RESTS IN DA BACK OF THE McLAREN F1's NOTHING BUT RAW BMW POWER . AND THIS CAR IS AMAZING CONSIDERING IT WAS BACK IN DA 80'S PUMPIN 470 HP ON A 3 LITER INLINE. <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: italian BMW

This car is amazing I wish I had a road version of the M1 they are sweet.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: italian BMW

the power to weight of this motor is awesome, especially when you consider an NA formula-one engine of 1980 had about 500bhp from 3 litres,

does anyone have any info on the Procar version? I heard it was turbo'd with about 800 bhp.

9. Re: italian BMW

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pimpdaddy69</i>
    <b>filthy italians and their breadstick shifters and tomato sauce fuel.
    and every company is owned by another and another and another...such as lamborghini's parent company is volkswagen,so its hard to pin a nationality on a car... except for the jap cars! jap cars RULE!!
    this BMW is actually an ok looking car here,i dig the paint job,also w hats under the hood is awesome for something made in 1980</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I beleive that Nissan, or rather, Datsun was originally founded as a subsidiary of Austin Healy. Also, Acura was an American company before it was bought by Honda. You're pretty stupid.

<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: italian BMW

thats true<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: italian BMW

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ferrari F40 GTE</i>
    <b>its a guy from italy that designed this car i dont remember his name... i think it looks a bit like the detomaso pantera.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

you're right, they do look pretty similar<!-- Signature -->

12. its a guy from italy that designed this car i dont remember his name... i think it looks a bit like the detomaso pantera.

13. Re: italian BMW

filthy italians and their breadstick shifters and tomato sauce fuel.
    and every company is owned by another and another and another...such as lamborghini's parent company is volkswagen,so its hard to pin a nationality on a car... except for the jap cars! jap cars RULE!!
    this BMW is actually an ok looking car here,i dig the paint job,also w hats under the hood is awesome for something made in 1980

14. Re: italian BMW

yeah itis pretty easy to pin a nationaliy ona honda civic built in tennesee

15. Re: italian BMW

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pimpdaddy69</i>
    this BMW is actually an ok looking car here,i dig the paint job,also w hats under the hood is awesome for something made in 1980</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You should be careful with the racial slurs you use, you never know when some Italian guy will find you and beat the Shit out of you. And who really cares about Jap cars anyhow? All the ones sold in North America are made in North America, so they are only Japanese in name. Ferrari's are still made ONLY in Italy, Porsche's are ONLY made in Germany, but all Japanese cars are made everywhere. They have no nationality.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: italian BMW

Quote from pimpdaddy69

also w hats under the hood is awesome for something made in 1980
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

this car is mid engined, and by the way how the hell could you compare jap cars with Italian cars?<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: italian BMW

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JapCarsSuck</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pimpdaddy69</i>

You should be careful with the racial slurs you use, you never know when some Italian guy will find you and beat the Shit out of you. And who really cares about Jap cars anyhow? All the ones sold in North America are made in North America, so they are only Japanese in name. Ferrari's are still made ONLY in Italy, Porsche's are ONLY made in Germany, but all Japanese cars are made everywhere. They have no nationality.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah, watch the racial slurs. I'm Italian and I was very offended by your comments. I didn't laugh at the crativity of your imagery or the candor of your remarks. Not at all. You're not funny.

PS-We prefer "greasy Italian" to "filthy Italian"<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: italian BMW

Don't be racist because you're going to get banned! I agree with you that the nationality of car is confusing nowadays. Bugatti is a French car, named after an Italian, owned by a German Company (VW). VW also owns Lamborghini, Audi, and Bentley. Daimler Benz and Chrysler merged together. And the cream of the crop goes to Fiat who owns Alfa Romeo, Maserati, and FERRARI. I also believe that one of the big 3 (I think GM) owns Aston Martin. It's a confusing industry I tell ya!<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: italian BMW

MAN! I wish I had and Integra Type-R with a pussy engine that has to be pushed to 9,000 RPM just to get any reasonable power out of it. Yeah. I wish I had one of THOSE instead of a Lambo with a Breadstick shifter and a tomato sause fuel sump. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some ricers that are pretty tight and I drive a tuned Civic myself. Pimp daddy--you're making all Japanese car owners look bad. Shut TF up.
    Hey Intgrale--how much you know about Group B and the cars and drivers involved?

20. Re: italian BMW

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Top RPM</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pimpdaddy69</i>

Don't be racist because you're going to get banned! I agree with you that the nationality of car is confusing nowadays. Bugatti is a French car, named after an Italian, owned by a German Company (VW). VW also owns Lamborghini, Audi, and Bentley. Daimler Benz and Chrysler merged together. And the cream of the crop goes to Fiat who owns Alfa Romeo, Maserati, and FERRARI. I also believe that one of the big 3 (I think GM) owns Aston Martin. It's a confusing industry I tell ya!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Aston Martin is part of ford's premier Auto group.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: italian BMW

I think it looks wonderful, i dont care who makes it.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: italian BMW

Hey Pimpdaddy69. If the Italian Mafia read this they would gut you alive man. So have fun. MAhahahahahahhahahaha.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: italian BMW

ppz seriously i dunno if somethin wrong with my eyes but i see a Lotus Esprit in this car, the normal would be different but serious i think the Esprit looks like this.
    someone tell me that im wrong<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: italian BMW

Im ITALIAN... and we DO prefer GREASY over FILTHY. but in any case, we build some of the best cars in the world, and are the F1 Champs being the only team that builds their CHASSIS and ENGINE and CAR all by themselves. (forgive me, because Honda will be doing the same thing!) NOT BAD for a bunch of Filthy Italians doin everything themself and beating the best in the world. I can't wait to see what the Jap car can do next year against the prancing horse. As for the M1, it IS an amazing car, way ahead of its time. BMW is consistent in setting the benchmarks which other companies tend to follow. German, and Italian cars take first place in F1 and my personal preference.
    and it's not hard to pin the nationality on a ferrari, cuz they are owned by FIAT which is an italian company. and it doesn't really matter WHO owns them, because the cars are designed by italians, and hand built by italians in ITALY. (with the exception of the 360's Chassis, and the 360 spyder's roof which are built in germany). IF you took time out of your not so busy schedule, you would actually know what your talking about and not have to use stupid racist comments to try to look smart, because you have nothing better to say.
    <!-- Signature -->

25. Re: italian BMW

I love this car. Das All I'll say. I know that all modern cars swap parts with companies around the world. That's how a company can build a good car.

Acura infact was not an independent company if I remember correctly. It was a Honda luxury division all along. Like Lexus.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->