its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with nos

Discussion in '1993 Nissan Stillen 300 GTZ' started by zeemastaflex786, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

I look at nitrious as cheating, on these little 4 bangers add 75 horsepower and i can take the $600 and add way over that 75 horse power even to these little P.O.S. rice burners. I was racing a Honda with NOS and he was expecting to beat my ass but when I took off ahead of him he hit that nitrious so much he snaped his connecting rod a blew a hole in the block the size of a softball.

2. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

Nitrous sucks. It makes tremendous heat, tears up engine internals, takes away from reliability and is basicaly a cheater way to burn more air and fuel for more power. A true tuner will use the more reliable and constant approach than nitrous. A car running on nitrous will need to recalibrate fuel flow for use with nitrous before the shot is introduced. Or another approach is to run rich all day and not pass smog. Remember that stupid movie the fast and furious? Well before dude hit the nitrous button he recalibrated the fuel flow using that laptop. Nitrous basically introduces more oxygen into the mixture hence nitrous oxide. When you have more oxygen you will want more fuel or else you will be running lean and risk some heavy detonation. A carburated engine will need to change the jets to allow more fuel into the cylinders. Both methods suck and that is why nitrous sucks. If the nitrous shot already contained the extra fuel then maybe it would be more worth while.

3. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

I HATE NITROUS. it is complete BS. wow, you can beat someone to the next stop light cruising down main street. big frickin deal. bring that nos to some tight chicanes on the track and see how much faster you can get through.

WORD.

4. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

umm, almost any, and i mean ANY, modern nitrous kit automatically changes your fuel flow. so no, he wasnt "recalibrating" his fuel flow on the laptop in the movie, who knows what he was doing, checking his email for all it matters, cuz it was just a movie, it wasnt ANYWHERE close to reality. do you really think people have to sit there and type stuff in a computer WHILE THEYRE RACING?

and jdogg, you could get through a track a good deal faster with nitrous, considering you can turn it on and off whenever you want so it only sprays when you want it to, i.e. on the straights. so youll get through the corners just as fast, then down the straights much faster.

5. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

ur morons NOS is used as a last resort. i mean what dumbass goes out n buys a 20 grand sports car does nothing to it and adds NOS. u freaken blow up ur engine. do everything u can do to the car first n then use NOS

6. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

you stupid looser, is not NOS, whata hell is that S? is for STUPID? all you really make me mand, is NO5, 5!!!! one, two, tree, four, five, 5

7. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

NOS or NO5 whatever the hell you wanna call it sucks!

8. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

N.O.S. stands for nutrous oxide systems, how hard is that to understand?

9. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

Um, "NOS" as you call it, is actually Nitrous Oxide (NO2). And that comment that it increases engine temperature is wrong. When NO2 is introduced into the combustion chamber it breaks down into its components, Oxygen and Nitrogen. This is an endothermic process and it absorbes heat, therefore lowering engine temperature.

10. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

keep it original baby

11. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

But when the extra oxygen burns in the cylinder, it produces more heat.

12. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

you people are fuc*in stupid. nos is fuc*in cheatin

13. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

Nitrous doesnt make heat, it actually gives a quite large intercooling effect.

14. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

personally i am looking at my next car as a first gen 300ZX Turbo. Because of the low purchase price it would be nice to have one. Right not on my 240SX coupe i have a KA24E.first of all it is a bad thing to spray on a turboed car. it is already putting enough pressure on the engine. So this car doesnt need it at all unless you have taken the time to really build a bullet proof engine. BTW i dont really see y the times are so slow on the 300ZX, probably just incorrect data. But anyway i would prefer NX over N.O.S.. i wouldnt mind an intercooler sprayer. :p lol later

15. Re: its a typical sports racing car and it would be better with

crazy car nos would help