its badass lookin. But there makin it an American family car

Discussion in '2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R V Spec' started by Str8Pipe, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This the car you buy for a "fun little family sport-sedan car" kinda like the miat (except for the family and sedan part). Its not very fast, but it is actually OK for a 4 cylinder. Would you dissagree?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: its badass lookin. But there makin it an American family car

nissan should of made the se-r a 2-door like the old se-r's

3. Re: its badass lookin. But there makin it an American family car

i wouldn't doubt a 2 door cuz well nissan is planing for the future and since infinity is getting the skyline nissan needs a sports car besides the z for the new luxury sports coupe boom<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: its badass lookin. But there makin it an American family car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from impreza-guy</i>
    <b>i wouldn't doubt a 2 door cuz well nissan is planing for the future and since infinity is getting the skyline nissan needs a sports car besides the z for the new luxury sports coupe boom</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I don't think its really an American family car, it was penned at Nissan facilities at La Jolla, Cali, though...

Nissan is repositionings itself as a sport and sporty automaker, I mean, its cars get more horses and deffinitely best looks that the rest of its jap counterparts. I think the Sentra is no longer the entry level cheap commuter car, but rather a mini BMW 3-series<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: its badass lookin. But there makin it an American family car

I've got to agree with ivanhoe. The cars aren't THAT expensive. You can get a decked-out Civic with everything but plastic leather for 17K. A 2001 Sentra SE with every option costs 16K. It'd kill the Civic in every category, too... save interior dimensions. My old SE was a blast to drive. My dad has a 1999 Acura 3.2 TL and I honestly liked my old Sentra more than it. I've raced around with a lot of cars and I've always been pleasantly suprised at how well my Sentra could hold its own versus some pretty expensive rides.

6. Re: its badass lookin. But there makin it an American family car

there's no family car about it.... i just got one last week and it handles great.no one in their right mind would expect a family to be comfortable in it. i agree that the entry level sentra is a family commuter but the spec v is literally a 4-door sports car.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: its badass lookin. But there makin it an American family car

yeah
    I own a '93 Sentra, and my next5 car is deffinitely either a '02 Spec V or a Focus SVT, I love both cars. <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: its badass lookin. But there makin it an American family car

I just sold my 1991 Ford Taurus SHO and I am now leasing a 2002 Spec V. And all I have to say is WOW! Its such a hot looking car its not even funny. It gets up and goes really good, I really like the 6 speed manual for it so it makes it a lot of fun to drive and I have mine fully loaded and the total price for the car was a little over 19k and then I talked him down a little bit so the final price I got for it was $18765.34 I love the interior in it with the Nissan Skyline seats and the 18" rims with Z-rated low profile tires, the 9 speaker Rockford Fosgate stereo system that comes with an 8" sub is nice ass hell and it hits pretty good. But this is definatly a car to get if your looking to spend 20k or less you can't go wrong.

9. Re: its badass lookin. But there makin it an American family car

Nissan is making its stake on the world by building kickass cars. THe new maxima SE with the 6 speed standard transmission packs a punch that bmws that cost 50% more that are smaller dont even touch. And the Altima? with the standard transmission that thing also rips. Hwo many many $30 000 (canadian funds) mid-size family cars can run a quarter mile in 14.6 seconds and 0-60 in 6.4? Good for nissan but i wish theyd bring the old model skyline to north america...that car kicks ass

10. Re: its badass lookin. But there makin it an American family car

well, my friend owns one and i got to drive it for a whole day.
    i have to say, its not a family car.this car handles great, accelerates pretty good as well.
    there's only 2 in the city.
    very good car.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: its badass lookin. But there makin it an American family car

Looks a hell of alot better than the civic in my opinion too. I went to the Nissan dealership and right when you walk in, there is a fully loaded SE-R thats in the showrooms facing you. When i walked in and took a glimpse of it, for a second, I thought it was the GTR!! It was the wierdest thing, and from then on, I've been in love with this car. Slight resemblense no?

12. Re: its badass lookin. But there makin it an American family car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ivanhoe</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from impreza-guy</i>
    <b>i wouldn't doubt a 2 door cuz well nissan is planing for the future and since infinity is getting the skyline nissan needs a sports car besides the z for the new luxury sports coupe boom</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I don't think its really an American family car, it was penned at Nissan facilities at La Jolla, Cali, though...

Nissan is repositionings itself as a sport and sporty automaker, I mean, its cars get more horses and deffinitely best looks that the rest of its jap counterparts. I think the Sentra is no longer the entry level cheap commuter car, but rather a mini BMW 3-series</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    that was needed<!-- Signature -->