Its good, no doubt. But not that good.

Discussion in '2000 Honda S2000' started by benzv8, Dec 2, 2002.

1. 186.4 kw / 250.0 bhp @ 8300 rpm

207.4 nm / 153.0 ft lbs @ 7500 rpm

A lot of articles I have read or shows I have seen on the TV have said that this car is not all that it is cracked up to be.
    Top Gear said it lacked "feal."
    Sure 2.0ltrs with 250bhp is GREAT!
    But look at the torque, 207.4nm@7,500rpm, torque is the pleasure factor of a car and this engine has to spin up to 7,500rpm to provide a measly 207.4nm!
    Driving this around town would really suck as you would probably never leave 4,500rpm, imagine the little amounts of torque you would have bellow 4,500rpm!
    Some things that look good on paper don't actually work in the real work; and the reviews of the S2000 show this to be true.
    Still, you can’t knock 125bhp/litre despite its 9000rpm redline.

2. Re: Its good, no doubt. But not that good.

An other guy who doesn't under stand...
    Honda makes cars the best with the more little motors possible.. for more little mpg..
    Ahh... i see you like mercedes.. so in your head i can read only that 700nm is the minimum.. and 1000nm is good.. etc..
    tsss.

3. Re: Its good, no doubt. But not that good.

People like you justify this fourm. Going through every fourm going on about this car like its the best thing since slided bread. Yes it is a very good track performer for a reasonable price, but it has its ups and downs, as does every other car in production.

4. Re: Its good, no doubt. But not that good.

Its is true this car could have ten times more potential then what it is. But Honda saves money by letting aftermarket companys improve on what they have done. Most Aftermarket companys like; Spoon, Mugen, ect.. get a couple of cars way before they enter the market so thats way the S2000 isnt what it can be. kinda sux but whatever

5. Re: Its good, no doubt. But not that good.

What is so race inspired about a push button start, my 1972 Datsun B210 has a push button start.

6. Re: Its good, no doubt. But not that good.

I like pushing buttons.