Its quick but how FAST can it go??

Discussion in '1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo' started by b3any, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I'm thinking of purchasing a Turbo version of this car in Auto, just wondering if any of you guys know how much power you can put into her until the gearbox becomes unreliable or needs upgrading?
    I want lots of power and am prepared to uprate the box but need to known how far i can go in the meantime.

2. Re: Its quick but how FAST can it go??

Strictly with Bolt-ons a Z cna produce 680 BHP now it has a 16% power loss to the rear wheel due to the differtial but I understand that the 240sx diff gear will solve this problem sightly by giving you only a 13% power loss whihc is what most mid-engines to rear loose in power on average.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Its quick but how FAST can it go??

i heard you can get this car to do a high 12 with a simple exaust swap and a chip from wolf technology.

4. Re: Its quick but how FAST can it go??

how fast?the fastest went 7.80 in the quarter.the Z is stout,but Nissan really did a job choking the turbocar down.to get rid of the driveline loss,upgrade the driveshaft to a 1 piece unit...the 1 piece steel one is good,the aluminum is better and the carbon fiber one is best of all but costs @ $1000 bucks.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Its quick but how FAST can it go??

The power loss may be a factor, but the Z trannys are so strong!

6. Re: Its quick but how FAST can it go??

i agree
    <!-- Signature -->