its weird man

Discussion in '1969 McLaren M6 GT' started by Alessandro, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: this car sucks ass just like all Mc LArens

talk nice, wiil you.....
    ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND - McLaren dos not suck - Porsche do not suck, make peace, okay. " how small your penis is ", get a life.
    no one suck, not dr. Porsche, not McLaren, not Porsche, okay.
    You are kids, when you rides stuff like that - 2 " how small your penis is " - hmpf.

2. ahead of its time

3. Re: ahead of its time

Definitely. Just like all cars produced by McLaren. <!-- Signature -->

4. Here it is - Actual M6GT Test

The McLaren M6GT was tested back in the 12/74 issue of Road & Track. The engine wasn't the original stock Z28 engine but a mildly tuned 400 ci small block (the owner claimed 470hp but that seems optimistic). The 1/4 mile was 12.7@117.5. The e.t. is not that great because of the straight cut racing gears, but that trap speed is in the Porsche 959 class. Unfortunately, no 0-60 time was reported. The skidpad figure is still outstanding compared to modern supercars - 1.12g! The braking figures also blow away many of today's cars - 60-0 in 110ft and 80-0 in 170ft.

5. Re: Here it is - Actual M6GT Test

....amazing

6. Re: Here it is - Actual M6GT Test

Where'd you get that issue. I look everywhere for the old ones, and I can never seem to find them.<!-- Signature -->

7. Bruce McLaren

Wasnt this the concept car designed by Bruce McLaren? I know it looks similar too it, but im not 100% sure if I'm right or wrong. Still a beautiful car non the less.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Bruce McLaren

HEY A FERRARI CAN KICK ANY OTHER CARS EXAUST PIPE.

SO DONT EVEN COMPARE ANYFIN TO A FERRARI SPECIALLY A 550 TWIN TURBO,CAUZ PEOPLE WILL JUST LAUGH AT U.

SO WAT DO U THINK ALL OF YA FERRARI LOVERS OUT THERE???????

I AM SURE U KNOW DAT I AM RITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO A BIG THUMBS UP TO ALL OF YA FERRARI LOVERS OUT THERE.

AND HEY DONT LET ANYONE TELL U DAT THEIR R OTHER CARS BETTER THAN A FERRARI!!!!!!CAUZ THERE ARENT ANY.

CAUZ FERRARI HAD THE PAST,HAS THE PRESENT,AND WILL HAVE THE FUTURE TO PROVE IT.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Bruce McLaren

He raced it, he did design it aswell. Nice car.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Bruce McLaren

U guys know alot bout cars i'll take it

11. Re: Bruce McLaren

Does anyone know where I can find the stats on this car. A weird concept car, but a beautiful one! LONG LIVE THE MCLARENS!

12. Re: Bruce McLaren

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Harold</i>
    <b>No, the car was styled by a man called Jim Clarke of Specialized Mouldings who produced the bodies for McLaren, the car in the pic was built in 1985 by Northdown Racing around an M6 canam chassis. It produced 386 bhp and 415 ft lbs of torque in a car that weighed 930 kilos. It was geared for 212 mph but I don't know if the owner was ever that brave. I have more pics if you are interested.

harold</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Why don't you upload the picts? Do you know how many were made?

13. Re: Bruce McLaren

This car was made back in the good old days of no crash or emmision regulations. That is how they can turn a can am car into a road car. It is a neat little car.

14. Re: Bruce McLaren

As McLaren Man said, I'm pretty sure it was designed by him.

15. Wha!? Why does it look like........

Hey hope I'm not the only one who notices this but...why does this model of the McLaren look so much like the Ford GT40? (the oringinal one.) And they are both out around the same time period! I wonder why?<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Wha!? Why does it look like........

A lot of the cars looked like this, just like the Bentley and Toyota "twins". It was just the optimum design at the time. The Lolas and Ferraris had similar body styles as well.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Wha!? Why does it look like........

Oh! now that you mention it the Toyota GT one and the Bently EXP Speed 8 DO look like twin batmobiles! Hey thanks!<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Wha!? Why does it look like........

Because they both come from the same aerodynamic knowledge of the time. This design was seen as the best way to get through the air, and both McLaren and Ford/Lola used it. It actually looks more like a MKIV Gt40.

19. Re: Wha!? Why does it look like........

it does doesnt it

20. Re: Wha!? Why does it look like........

Take a look at the race Ferraris from the 60's , they almost look the same , this was the design type at that time.

21. Re: Wha!? Why does it look like........

Even the Lola T-70 had a similar front end; this is just how racers were made back then. I know you're implying that this design was stolen but if that's true then nearly EVERY racing design of the late 60's - early 70's was stolen from one another! Check out the Porsche 917K and 908 and you will see they all look alike!

22. Re: Wha!? Why does it look like........

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from myn08</i>
    <b> Hey hope I'm not the only one who notices this but...why does this model of the McLaren look so much like the Ford GT40? (the oringinal one.) And they are both out around the same time period! I wonder why?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE

Thats what I thought too!
    <!-- Signature -->

23. #48 mac67, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  24. what sucks about it is.....

the part that sucks is it doesn't tell you any stat about this amazing car. for all i know this was one of the first in the great hall of fame known as McLaren

25. Re: what sucks about it is.....

THATS NOT TRUE! IT SAYS ITS DISPLACEMENT AND THE ENGINE TYPE! lol<!-- Signature -->