I've only heard of two possible engine choices...

Discussion in '2001 Nissan GT-R Concept' started by killer69, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Geez! You guys call yourselves car nuts and yet you just don't read. I've got a subscription to Motor Trend, Road and Track, and Car and Driver. Anyways, what I've heard is they are thinking about having a twin-turbo 6 (yes, supposedly inline) or a big V8 (supposedly a tuned Infiniti 4.5L), and either way you are looking at a clean 450 HP. Also, I heard they were definitely importing it everywhere, and in America they are thinking about calling it the Infiniti Skyline (which leads me to think it will have the natural V8). More news when I hear it.

2. Re: I've only heard of two possible engine choices...

itd suit it to have to traditional skyline inline 6, i shouldnt think they would have a problem with 450hp, but that would seem a little high for skylines, they normally target 280hp, ish. it would make sense to sell it with 280hp, coz the people that want to hot cars up, get to play with more, starting with 450hp isnt gona give up much options to choose from if the customer wants to fiddle with things, and still have it street legal. but its a good concept, look interesting, u can tell its gona be a skyline by the rear tail lights, but the front is interesting, i didnt expect the R35 to look like this tho.

3. Re: I've only heard of two possible engine choices...

The tailighst are awesome, but i think they should have kept the headlights in that aggresive stance as the r-34 not liek droppy lines.

4. Re: I've only heard of two possible engine choices...

I've read somewhere that the new GT-R MIGHT have a magnesium alloy 3.5l twinturbo V8 with ~450-550hp. Just hearsay.

5. Re: I've only heard of two possible engine choices...

Its going to be an optional V6 or V8, not sure about the power and torque its going to be putting out and theres no word of it because the chassis and drivetrain are still in work by Lotus and Renault

6. Re: I've only heard of two possible engine choices...

the new gtr will have a 3.5L or larger V-6 with twin turbo or a 4.2l or larger V-8.