Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

Discussion in '1994 Jaguar XJ220 S TWR' started by aznprider, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

Ummm, I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the Sledgehammer Corvette holds that record.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

No BYBYCOPS is right. The Sledgehammer Corvette is the fastest roadcar in the world but the Jag is still awesome. At one time it was the fastest.

1994 Jaguar XJ220 S TWR
    0 - 60 mph-3.3 seconds
    Horsepower-680.0 bhp @ 7200 rpm
    Topspeed-228.7 mph

3. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

their are other cars faster
    the Sledgehammer does hold that record<!-- Signature -->

4. #5 leklen16, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  5. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

Wait a minute... how many sledge hammer Corvettes did they make?
    Im all for corvette and all(since they rape all vipers) but jaguar
    is still my #1.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

I heard somewhere and correct me if im wrong but the corvette in question made its highspeed run on a flat strip while all the others were made on ovals thus losing speed due to the fact they had to turn. Also i dont think the corvette meets air pollution standards not that a lot of these high performance cars do but its still kinda interesting.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

is corvette slegehammer a pruduct car??? it's not road legal is it?
    koeningsegger CC (swedish) is the fastest pruduckt car then the mclaren f1 but then i think the xj220 comes... 3th not bad..<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

this was the fastest car in the world before the mclaren then the Bugatti is going to be then next one. now about that corvette, it doesn't have any records because it isn't a stock car and they didn't make more than one and it blew up n e way. also, they didn't test it in an oval, it was on a runway in england. and if any body says that it is faster than the bugatti then listen to this: the bugatti will have an option for different gear ratios that will make it go well over 415km/h but will affect it's acceleration<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

Actually the Sledgehammer did not blow up it is now own by the Sultan of Brunei. The car Ran on an Oval in Germany not on a runway in England. It was a pruduction car it was for sale for $400 000USD but there was only one made, but it was for sale so technically the car is production. As for the Bugatti going to be the fastest production car it is 4mph slower than the Sledgehammer so no it will not be the fastest production car ever but it will be the fastest car being produced.

10. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

Oh and about it being street-legal, it is they de-tuned the car from over 1300HP to 889Hp to be street-legal then ran the test on street tyres not racing slicks and still took the record. And about it not being stock yes in fact it was the only thing this car has in common with a stock Corvette is body panels, Nameplate, and the engine Block.

11. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

nevertheless, it would kick the shit out of any other corvette, hence shouldnt be compared to any other corvette. indeed the xj220 is insanely fast, but no its not the fastest. in any case, does any one know the approximate record the sledgehammer holds?

12. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

This website (which is not the most trust-worthy states the topspeed of the Sledgehammer at 254.7 mph.
    I don't think that 1 constitutes production even if it was sold. I would like to know how the stock production model stands in the "fastest cars" standings. By stock production I mean the XJ220, not the XJ220S, and I mean no concepts and racecars, and more than 20 made.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

i can't agree with anyone here b/c the fastest car is my grandma's 'perpetuum mobile' (click on the image below) <!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 2man</i>
    <b>i can't agree with anyone here b/c the fastest car is my grandma's 'perpetuum mobile' (click on the image below) </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'm sure that driving that down the road would turn a few heads.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

i have no any doubts<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Jag XJ220...Fastest in the world?

this (the race version) looks really good.<!-- Signature -->

17. That's not what makes a car a "production car", as per guiness regulations. Where do you people get these ideas?

18. First of all, one car does not qualify as a production car, it's a prototype; secondly the sledgehammer wasn't even a factory effort, it was a tuner car. Let's try to compare apples to apples here. The TWR XJ220 was the fastest production car in the World when it came out in 1993, and not too many cars have topped that yet.

19. As of today for road legal production cars. I believe it would be the Bugatti Veyron, followed by either the Koeniegsegg or McLaren F1, maybe Pagani next?

Doesn't matter, the XJ220 was the fastest car on the road when it came out. The McLaren F1 was out by then but not officially clocked yet. So XJ220 did reign as fastest production car in the world for a while.

Funny thing, BBCs Top Gear pitted the XJ220 vs a Pagani Zonda in an acceleration test...dun remember if it was 1/4 mile, but the XJ220 beat it by more than a car length.

20. This is not even close to the fastest car in the world. Didn't the article state a top speed of 228MPH? Still a gorgeous and highly desireable car. Must have been the fastest when it was first produced. By the way, the SSC Ultimate Aero claims a theoretical top speed of 260-273MPH! I don't think I believe that.

21. This is not even close to the fastest car in the world. Didn't the article state a top speed of 228MPH? Still a gorgeous and highly desireable car. Must have been the fastest when it was first produced. By the way, the SSC Ultimate Aero claims a theoretical top speed of 260-273MPH! I don't think I believe that.

22. I thought the fastest car in the world, production or not, was the 2005 Hennessey SRT-10 Viper Venom 1000 Coupe not the sledgehammer. Am i wrong? Thats what this website says. Someone correct me if i'm mistaken.

23. I thought the fastest car in the world, production or not, was the 2005 Hennessey SRT-10 Viper Venom 1000 Coupe not the sledgehammer. Am i wrong? Thats what this website says. Someone correct me if i'm mistaken.

24. I thought the fastest car in the world, production or not, was the 2005 Hennessey SRT-10 Viper Venom 1000 Coupe not the sledgehammer. Am i wrong? Thats what this website says. Someone correct me if i'm mistaken.