Jaguar AJ-8 4.5L v8 vs BMW 5.0 v8

Discussion in '2002 Jaguar S-Type R' started by JaguarX, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Ok, I believe Jaguar has finally answered the critics.
    BMW has the M5, which their larger displacement engine of 5.0 V8 giving off a highly respective 390+ HP.
    Granted Jaguar nicely answers it, with the 4.2L AJ-V8 with natural power of 300 HP, which beats the BMW 4.4L nicely, and then the Supercharged version which gives an equally amount of power to the 5.0 at 390 HP.
    Now, many critics, espcially on supercars.net, were ignorantly to belive that Jaguar engine power output is manipulated due to the supercharger.
    Again, I reiterate, that, the superchargers do not increase much power, perhaps 30-45HP in the 4.2L AJ-V8; but is used sorely for acceleration purposes similar to the Cobra in the Ford Mustang Series.
    So, what happen if Jaguar build a larger displaced engine?
    Well, with help with Arden (Jaguar controlled and owned, I mind you) produced a show stopper 4.6L supercharged engine with a power rating of a near 700 HP. Yes, that's not a typo.
    So, BMW quickly reacted, ohhhh you used a supercharger.
    So Munich fans protested.

Now, back to Conventry, with some help of new friends in the states, rocketsports (remember that 6.2 700hp Mustang engine class winner XKR-Trans AM which beated a Viper by 11 laps, and a Vette by over 20?)Well, did you know they ditched the mustang engine?

Oh, yes, the new engine.
    a natural powered engine (yes no supercharger) also based on the 4.2L AJ-V8; is the new engine to be released, and most importantly to be later released in automobiles is the 4.5L AJ-V8. (notated name denotes a non-modifed jaguar engine name).
    "It's only right that we should be using a Jaguar engine in
    our XKR." and yours too, if all goes well.
    Nevertheless, the future of Jaguar racing and next generation vehicles.
    so take that BMW with your "advanced high=tune natural engines."
    a 650HP engine with a smaller displacement, no superchargers this time!