John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

Discussion in '2000 Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT' started by BugattiEB110SS, Aug 9, 2002.

1. So get it straight kids, His products are worthless. Some guy paid the premium for a Venom 550bhp kit only to find that when he got his car back all that was done was cold air kit, exhaust and new wheels and he spent the 20,000 dollars for the venom 550 kit. If you go to his website you will see that he hasn't updated it in over a year. Hennessy is in dier financial troubles because he rips people off for Mediocre craftsmenship. If any high powered Viper is worth anything it's Lingenfelters 8.8 liter viper kit.

2. Re: John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

very good news , many morons won't argue anymore with his cars.

3. Re: John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

Because he hasnt updated his site he is almost bankrupt wow thats amazing...and as far as him ripping people do you have any real proof because anyone can come on this forum and say this an that but without facts its just he say she say shit.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VenomWillKill</i>
    <b>Because he hasnt updated his site he is almost bankrupt wow thats amazing...and as far as him ripping people do you have any real proof because anyone can come on this forum and say this an that but without facts its just he say she say shit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Call the company up, I bet you a million dollars that they will tell you that due to circumstances they won't be doing any projects for a while. A millionaire in texas cancelled his order for an 800TT and ordered a Lingenfelter 427TT.

5. Re: John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BugattiEB110SS</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VenomWillKill</i>
    <b>Because he hasnt updated his site he is almost bankrupt wow thats amazing...and as far as him ripping people do you have any real proof because anyone can come on this forum and say this an that but without facts its just he say she say shit.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Call the company up, I bet you a million dollars that they will tell you that due to circumstances they won't be doing any projects for a while. A millionaire in texas cancelled his order for an 800TT and ordered a Lingenfelter 427TT.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> why? when?
    <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

Why did he cancel? Because along with other garbage that comes from hennessy, His cars are unreliable at best. When? atleast about the time that Motor Trend did an artical about the Lingenfelter 427TT because the guy that ordered that car is the same guy that cancelled his order for the 800TT!

7. Re: John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

My Dad's friend has a 650r and has taken his car there to get it tuned and to buy the thing when they first came out. Yes John is a slick willy and you have to stay on him or else you get screwed, but his mechinics are awsome and make some great machines.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

That could be, I haven't heard many good things about his products.

9. Re: John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

I also heard that a guy sent his viper in and wired Hennessy the 130k for the 800TT conversion and Hennessy took the hood, wheels and interior pieces out of the guys car, sold them for profit and 9 months later he went down to texas to see what the hold up was to find his viper sitting up on jack stands with no hood, wheels and interior and absolutly no work down to his car. Hennessy was a huge crook and that's why he is no longer in business. Some tuner huh? SVSi is the new king of viper tuners!

10. Re: John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

well you wrong seeing as how my Dad's friend took his car down there not too long ago. John is a slick willy and you have to stay on top of him but his mechinics are the best...<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hennesseyms</i>
    <b>well you wrong seeing as how my Dad's friend took his car down there not too long ago. John is a slick willy and you have to stay on top of him but his mechinics are the best...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Tell your dads friend not to expect to get his car back, ever!

12. Re: John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

Whatever is financial status or work ethics may be, it doesn't really take away the fact that his engineers made one mean street car out of an already well performing vehicle.

I'm sure some other tuners could do much better with the viper, Hennessy just seems to be the most popular around here for some reason. Personally I think Saleen Should do some work with the viper and see what its true potential amounts to. Dodge hasn't squeezed enough performance out of it, the viper is capable of much much more IMO.

13. Re: John hennessy almost bankrupt and out of business!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8</i>
    <b>very true!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree.<!-- Signature -->