Just Add NOS

Discussion in '1993 Nissan Stillen 300 GTZ' started by tCalypsOm, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Just Add NOS

Hey, I won't get that mad, this time, but

NOS = Nitrous Oxide Systems!!! Not Nitrous Oxide!!

They are the most popular N20 supplier but they do make more than that. It's like calling a car a Ford or a Porshce. Everybody makes a car.

2. a little nitrous oxide, a couple 125 shot, 10 pounds tanks and maybe a fogger or somethin and this car would be a ***** on the street, hell maybe even a a little Powerdyne supercharger and intercooler could kick it up a notch or two.

3. Re: Just Add NOS

uhhh little carfacts 101 my freind
    being that this is a turbo charged car. you cant add a supercarger to a turbo nor can a car that has egr settings accepnt a supercharger. i mean i know who cares but still man get the facts strait, oh yeah and nos is a good idea.

4. Re: Just Add NOS

whoops, my bad, i guess i didnt read it enough.....

5. Re: Just Add NOS

I look at nitrious as cheating, on these little 4 bangers add 75 horsepower and i can take the $600 and add way over that 75 horse power even to these little P.O.S. rice burners. I was racing a Honda with NOS and he was expecting to beat my ass but when I took off ahead of him he hit that nitrious so much he snaped his connecting rod a blew a hole in the block the size of a softball.

6. Re: Just Add NOS

Yeah this is sweet and it would be even sweeter with nos... i like the looks of this car its great

7. Re: Just Add NOS

the only people that use NOS are poor people with slow cars, people that use NOS are losers...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Just Add NOS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 89Irocz</i>
    <b>uhhh little carfacts 101 my freind
    being that this is a turbo charged car. you cant add a supercarger to a turbo nor can a car that has egr settings accepnt a supercharger. i mean i know who cares but still man get the facts strait, oh yeah and nos is a good idea.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually, Lancia used a turbo/super setup in the Delta Integrale.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Just Add NOS

It wasn't in the Delta Integrale , but it was in the Delta S4 , a Group B rally car , which is older than the Delta Integrale.
    The Delta Integrale came after the banning of Group B , after the death of Toivonen and some spectators.

And , I can't stand NOS.

10. Re: Just Add NOS

<!-- QUOTE -->NOS is a Holley brand that makes <B>N</B>itrous <B>O</B>xide <B>S</B>ystems.(hence the names NOS)<!-- END QUOTE --><!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Just Add NOS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TurboPorsche</i>
    <b>the only people that use NOS are poor people with slow cars, people that use NOS are losers...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    So what you are saying is that poor people are losers. Maybe we should all be born with a silver spoon in our mouth. Real smart. F$%K YOU FA*G^T

12. Re: Just Add NOS

<!-- QUOTE -->well considering this is a 60+ thousand dollar car i dont think it is a bargin. and yes nitrous is for civics not a 300zx, us 300zx drivers have 2 turbos we dont need laughing gas unless were going to inhale it</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Are you crazy? Do you know what your talking about? You can put nitrous in just about any car and get a nice increase in power. True I would'nt put it in my daily driver and twin turbos,single turbo, supercharger, or even NA is enough for street use but if I had a car I used for track drag racing you better belive I would have it equipped with some kind of nitrous system as well as a forced induction system. By the way I was just commenting on how that fa660t was saying how poor people are losers. F*ck him. <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Just Add NOS

If you have to use nitrous then you are admitting your car is slow

14. Re: Just Add NOS

I don't think that someone should waste 20k (assuming a new Z) on this car. All you'd have to do is get a $300 boost controller from GReddy and a $650 ECM upgrade from Superchips to pull those numbers. The ECM by itself will give the car 370HP. and the stock engine parts can handle 12 lbs of boost (up from the stock 10) I've seen a dyno sheet from a guy at a Z rally here in Utah. Thats all he did and he was laying about 445 TO THE GROUND. It cost him $120 to have the boost controller and the new ECM installed.

P.S. NOS is cheating.

15. Re: Just Add NOS

YOU KNOW ALL YOU GUYS ARE UP HERE SAYING THAT NITROUS IS CHEATING AND THAT USING NITROUS IS SAYING THAT YOUR CAR IS SLOW. NITROUS IS A MOD JUST LIKE ANY OTHER.IF USING IT WAS LIKE YOU GUYS ARE SAYING THEN YOU COULD THEN GO ON TO SAY THAT "WELL YOU ADDED A BIGGER TURBO SO YOUR CAR WAS SLOW" "YOU PUT ON NEW HEADS, YOU'RE CHEATING". WHAT THE F#*K??? MODDING A CAR IS HALF THE FUN. IF YOU GET BEAT IN A RACE BY A CAR WITH NITROUS OR THAT IS MODDED AND YOUR CAR IS NOT, WELL THEN GUESS WHAT? YOU STILL GOT BEAT.
    NITROUS IS A VERY GOOD MOD, AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, FOR A TRACK DRAG CAR. IS IT A CHEAP MOD? SOMETIMES,CONSIDERING THE AMOUNT OF BANG YOU GET FOR YOUR BUCK, BUT YOU CAN GET PRETTY FANCY ON NITROUS SYSTEMS AND SPEND WELL OVER $3000. YOU HAVE TO CONSIDER PROPER JETTING,RPM SWITCHES,TIMING,FUEL TO N2O SUPPLY, ETC... .DON'T DISMISS IT AS A CHEAPO CHEATER MOD.
    WOULD I PUT IT ON THIS CAR, NO. THIS CAR WAS MADE FOR MUCH MORE THAN GOING IN A STRAIGHT LINE. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU GUYS ARE SAYING.

16. Re: Just Add NOS

You cant put a supercharger in a twin TURBO car. And Nitrus is for people with shitty cars that dont go fast.

BTW, NOS is a company.

17. Re: Just Add NOS

you can supercharge a turbo engine. it's not very efficient or cheap but it can be done. although only a moron would go through all that trouble insted of just adding larger turbos.

18. Re: Just Add NOS

Thank you Chevelle454 seriously its not NOS thats a brand name not the product!!!!!!!!!!!! Its like calling every car a ford

19. Re: Just Add NOS

you people really sound stupid talking about nitrous. you obviously know nothing about it. bigsteve is the only person saying anything intelligent about it.

"you only put nitrous on slow crappy cars" whats wrong with putting it on a nice fast car to make it even faster? i know a guy with a nige 993 porsche turbo with a lot of engine work and a 125 shot of nitrous. his car is neither slow nor crappy.

"nitrous is only on slow cars" oh really, is that why a lot of 7 second and faster drag cars use it?

"nitrous is cheating" just like bigsteve said, if nitrous is cheating, than ANY modification is cheating.

20. Re: Just Add NOS

yes it is possible to add a supercharger to a turbo charged car since a turbo runs off exhaust to make compression and a supercharger runs off a pully system to make compression it can be done (plus i saw maugires do it on a '96 integra)

21. Re: Just Add NOS

you stupid looser, is not NOS, whata hell is that S? is for STUPID? all you really make me mand, is NO5, 5!!!! one, two, tree, four, five, 5.

22. Re: Just Add NOS

NOS isen't cheating. Its just a thing you add to a car to make you look really cool. I like a pure car because NOS lights a fire under your cars ass and makes it go way to fast causing explosions in places that dont exist.Heres my idea, 1.buy a NOS kit, install it, use it, burn youre car out in 2 uses. 2.Have a pure car, pass the breaking down civic installed with NOS and keep youre car.Lets see, COOL or FAST FOR A LONG TIME. I chose option number two :p

23. Re: Just Add NOS

i think nos is kinda like q-tip or kleenex, no one says cotton swab or facial tissue. its just easier that way and everyone knows what you are talking about so why not just call all nitrous systems nos.

24. Re: Just Add NOS

But his turbos will die much sooner my friend.

25. Re: Just Add NOS

NO2 not NO5, you just flapped yourself rite onto on my idiot of the day list. Especially combined with the fact that you were insulting everyone else while you were at it.