Kill the civics

Discussion in '2002 Honda Civic Type-R' started by 70SuperBee, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Kill the civics

eat my ass American car asshole

2. Re: Kill the civics

3. Re: Kill the civics

4. Re: Kill the civics

5. Re: Kill the civics

6. Re: Kill the civics

7. Re: Kill the civics

8. Re: Kill the civics

9. Re: Kill the civics

10. Re: Kill the civics

Yamaha,
    More power is never really a "need." It's a want. If you don't want more power in your Honda, that's cool. I don't want more power in my Lancer because it's my beater car. In my opinion adding more power would be a waste of money and I'd rather keep my bumber to bumer 100,000 mile extended warrantee.

But you're implying that superb power is useless just because nobody drives 160 mph on the highway. Let me tell you, POWER IS GOOD! I get plenty of joy punching the trottle from a stop and being sucked into my seat. If I want to pass another car, no problem. If I'm waiting to make a right turn, I need very little runway between me and the next car. I would argue that testing cars acceleration is much more practical than testing its handling limits. I can jump from 0-60 in 4.xx seconds and enjoy it. If I were to whip corners doing 45 MPH I would probably crap my pants and hit something.

11. Re: Kill the civics

first off, customizing stuff is awesome, im just wondering why youd do it to this? i personally think if your gonna make a car be a show car, you have to either be A: extremely good, or B: have a halfway decent lookin car to begin with. i personally dont think a civic is the coolest looking this on the planet, so i dont really know why youd want to spend hundreds and hundreds on body kits. they do absolutly nuthin cept make you think your ride is oh so cool, but in reality its just a lil family car. i have no prob with stock civics. i think their great cars. accords too. their super reliable, great cars, but why modify one? if your goin to try to make as fast a car as possible, why waste 20k makin a civic faster, yet for thousands less, you could buy a stock faster car. if your going for a show car look, then why spend 20k on body kits and your interior? why not get a stock car that looks nicer? to make a civic equal to a supra (speed, looks, and handleing) youd have to spend a crazy amount of money. why not just buy the supra? i have no prob wit someone that puts very slight engine mods on the car, just for a lil bit of fun, but if your all serious and wanna make a badass car, why pick a civic? making a civic show car is just stoopid to me. basically what im tryin to say, is civics are nice family cars, but their just not COOL cars. ya dun wanna go around sayin "well *****, i own a civic." everyone will just be like "so?"

all in all, civics just arent your typical ferrari