Kinda Japanesse looking

Discussion in '1963 Shelby Competition Cobra 289 Le Mans Hardtop' started by supercarfreak812, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

What are you talkin about? Your going to have to explain well.

And I hope your not one of those guys who think that any American car that uses new designs and materials automatically thinks its Japanese.

2. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

Don't diss Japanese cars like that, fool, and it totally looks like a Dodge design (though Dodge designs for trucks aren't all that bad)

3. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

Don't diss Japanese cars like that, fool, and it totally looks like a Dodge design (though Dodge designs for trucks aren't all that bad)

4. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

LOL, you shithead, Ford Would "Never" "Discrace" america by making something "Japaneeze Looking". Although all tho other american Companies already have Discraced this Country.

5. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

Japan has yet to make a desent truck.

6. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

Toyota Tundra has won 'Best truck of the year' How many years in a row now?

Though not for towing, but for off-road driving capability the Toyota Tundra far surpasses American trucks.

7. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

are we talking just trucks, or SUV's too. The tundra would be owned by the Jeeps, and the Hummer.

The tundra is seriously underpowered. They need a supercharger to get any decent amount of power, and its still much less than the top engines from every other company.

8. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

What's your source because every thing I have senn out of Truck Trend said they couldn't pass for a peice of fieces. The Toyos are only good for highway driving with some stuff in the box and that is about it. Every time I read about the Toyos off-roading, they are usually the first stuck.

9. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

notreally

10. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

Lets not have one of them crazy arguments about "jap cars suck" again. Actually, Jap cars look AND perform better than american cars in a lot of instances..

11. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

NO RalphCM japs are shit. And this truck is truly American 100%!!!

It's big, powerful and has an enormous amount od torque.

Japs cars are small and can't even push me out of the way if I stand in front of it.

AMERICA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

Lets settle this once and for all, shall we?

Notice how whenever Asian trucks are rated well, they're rated by 2nd class or even smaller magazines, the kinds of magazines with reps that are sketch and would print anything for money.

Second, notice how about half of Nissan's trucks/SUVs need some sort of forced induction to reach levels of power that are STILL pathetic. Example? Nissan Xterra, yes, the one that has the hyper yellow paintjob. It has a supercharged engine producing, get this, a WHOPPING 210 HORSEPOWER! WHOA! THATS BIG POWER THERE! (for all of you idiots who think I'm serious, thats called sarcasm). Then their other Frontier, I believe, is supercharged as well. The Tundra, not bad, but Chevy, Dodge, and Ford all beat it, so not really "good" either. The Titan, pretty good job except for the lack of options on it such as bed size, cab style, engine options, tranny options, etc. Sure, it can tow 9500 lbs, but the F-150 can tow 9,900 lbs, WITH A WEAKER ENGINE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thats called engineering, *****! The F-150 has by FAR, the strongest chassis in its class. It's payload is something near 3000 lbs while all its ocmpetitors (including the American ones) are struggling to get past the 2000 lb. mark. F-150 RULES ALL!

As for the person who made this topic...do some research man. American companies have been building big, tough, strong trucks since the 50s. These asian companies started like 5 years ago. And they still cant get it right enough to collectively outsell 1 of the big three. You're probably saying it looks Japanese because of the Titan which LOOKS tough, and performs well (in the department of towing), but who knows how reliable it is? And even then, though the Tonka is just a concept, it was here first.

Speaking of trucks, anyone see the 2005 Ford Superduty? With this upgraded Superduty out next year, Ford will dominate in towing and probably payload in both classes. Pretty badass....

13. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

I am impressed!

14. Re: Kinda Japanesse looking

by my post? i hope so, thank you.