Koenigsegg Regera

Discussion in 'European Cars' started by ANP, Feb 28, 2015.

1. The first real teaser images of Regera that's headed to Geneva. I love what I'm seeing so far, never thought I'd be excited about a hybrid supercar, or in this case, a megacar. This isn't going to be a track monster like the One:1, but more of a GT car.

1500bhp and 2000Nm are the only specs known thus far.

2. If it has some torque fill it might actually help their shitty gearbox. This is 'egg's biggest weakness in my eyes. Other than the handling that will kill you.

Lets hope it has electric AWD, DSG and torque fill. Then they will really have something. Looks like a new body too.

3. Look a murcielago

4. wow. i am shocked that you are head over heels over a teaser reveal showing minimal design.

I'd laugh if it looked exactly like Fisker Karma (which it kinda does so far) or worse, exactly the same as the CCXR/Agera.

5. Same old car, with more body kit, nothing to be excited about.

6. Balls it's been years of your bullshit and by this point the remaining 5 members left already know your schtick. Time to put away the trolling character and show us who you REALLY are

7. The back is very Lamborghini. Im more interested to see the new GTA Spano.

8. I'm past my trolling days.

9. That was the only chance to unretard yourself

Cya

10. watch it still just be a modified CC

11. CvK "I don't like traditional Hybrids as they are inefficient or overly complicated/heavy. The Regera is something different"

Sounds like Koenigsegg will have another show stopper this year.

12. Leaked images. I can't wait for the official unveiling.

13. Yes, the rear end looks as original as the rest of the car

15. And HOLY SH1T, look at this brand new design, looks completely different from anything the company had created before, so modern/original that it makes every other sportscar in the solar system look obsolete.

16. Nice original front and headlights

17. Looks aside, this thing has 1800hp. If they get it to work, it is going to cream the Veyron in every metric. Apparently it doesn't have a gearbox, Im assuming it uses the petrol motor as a generator at low speeds to power the electric motors, then, the petrol engine kicks in at higher speeds. So basics are 1800hp, 1400kg, 400kg downforce, and its a GT not a hypercar.

18. nailed it

19. Holy mother of god its ugly

20. I always liked how the fisker looked. and if they would have just released a rear end shot of this thing without that wing it would have looked acceptable

21. #22 ETB4U, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    http://jalopnik.com/koenigsegg-will-sell-you-a-car-without-a-transmission-f-1689101650

"That's right. The 1,500 horsepower Koenigsegg Regara, the world's almost certainly fastest GT has no gearbox at all. Meet the new era of direct drive.

Okay, so Christian von Koenigsegg has done it again. It's 9:24 am at the Geneva Motor Show, but I don't think anybody can top the Regara when as far as insane engineering goes. I mean, 1,500 hp and no gearbox? I know the Prius has no gearbox either, but this is a whole new level. No need for more coffee, I was all ears.

Get this: Christian came up with an idea just 8 month ago, figured out how to make it happen, patented the technology and now will build 80 Regeras priced at $1.89 million.

Unlike the Agera RS, the Regera was not designed for track duty. Koenigsegg calls it the world's fastest luxury hypercar. Weighing 3,130 pounds dry and 3,589 ready for action, it's 330 pounds heavier than the RS mostly due to 44 pounds worth of sound deadening, electrical seats, rubber engine mounts and a foldable rear wing.

That's right. The 1,500 horsepower Koenigsegg Regara, the world's almost certainly fastest GT has no gearbox at all. Meet the new era of direct drive.

Okay, so Christian von Koenigsegg has done it again. It's 9:24 am at the Geneva Motor Show, but I don't think anybody can top the Regara when as far as insane engineering goes. I mean, 1,500 hp and no gearbox? I know the Prius has no gearbox either, but this is a whole new level. No need for more coffee, I was all ears.

Get this: Christian came up with an idea just 8 month ago, figured out how to make it happen, patented the technology and now will build 80 Regeras priced at $1.89 million.

Unlike the Agera RS, the Regera was not designed for track duty. Koenigsegg calls it the world's fastest luxury hypercar. Weighing 3,130 pounds dry and 3,589 ready for action, it's 330 pounds heavier than the RS mostly due to 44 pounds worth of sound deadening, electrical seats, rubber engine mounts and a foldable rear wing.

The Regera has 1,500 hp thanks to a twin-turbo combustion engine producing 1,100 on pump gas, and 3 electric motors: one on the crank with 221 pound feet of torque, and two at each rear wheel with 192 ft lb. Thanks to that, you get torque vectoring as well.

Since the gearbox was replaced by a hydraulic clutch, the three lightweight electric motors and a 9 kWh battery pack, Koenigsegg says they saved about 440 pounds compared to having a double clutch gearbox.

The rest is pretty much Christian's traditional recipe with a carbon fiber and aluminum honeycomb chassis, a carbon/kevlar body, active aero, massive carbon-ceramic brakes, hollow carbon wheels, a titanium exhaust system and the signature removable top.

Inside, you'll find the finest leathers with billet aluminum controls and Apple Carplay, and with 21 miles of pure electric range added to the mix, this truly is the most advanced sports car the world has ever seen."

Not sure why there are so many different HP numbers. But, no gearbox should be interesting. I actually like the looks. It looks like a more fluid car, and the rear reminds me of one-off supercars from the 90's

22. I don't think it looks THAT bad, but its gonna take some time to get used to the looks.

23. #24 ANP, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Video from Shmee. I especially love the back end, just beautiful curves and aggressive at the same time.

http://tinyurl.com/oaj2kfs

24. It's 1800 not 1509hp