Las Vegas shooting

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by IdoL, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Still unclear what happened (or is still happening). My best friend is there, but not close to Mandalay Bay.

2. 20 dead people already. That's fucked up.

3. I saw a video of the public crouched on the ground and the sound of burst fire from an assault rifle on the back. Insane

4. Yeah all the footage from the event is crazy. That's a lot of automated fire.
    As of now, at least 20 dead and 100 injured. Sounds like it will be much more than that.

5. Yeah, those were long bursts from a belt- or drum magazine-fed weapon.

6. The shooter was at the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay, so he was able to shoot down at the festival without interference.

7. "Brave" SOB. :mad:

8. At least 50 dead now. Apparently it's the deadliest mass shooting in US history.

9. Holy shit.

10. And the shooter was a 64 year old white man named Stephen. Sounds like he is either a savage Mexican or a islamic fundamentalist. That's why the US needs the travel ban and the wall, to keep americans safe from other white americans with automatic weapons.

CitroenSM likes this.
  11. Vegas should be erased from the map

RIP to those poor people

12. Shooting unarmed people is hardly ever a brave thing to do. This guy was smarter than your average mass murderer, he chose a position with good line-of-sight and a high-capacity automatic weapon.

13. So you're going to continue what this man started?

14. I don't think that an arbitrarily orchestrated travel ban or a 3100 km wall would be practical or effective solutions when it comes to improving safety in the US.

I also don't think that yet another mass shooting in the US has any effect on the level of danger presented by islamic terrorists or Mexican cartels.

15. Mass shootings aren't the only problem in this country.

16. Yeah, active shooting, let me stand in the open next to armed police and also walk in front of them:
    [​IMG]

17. No. Vegas itself as a entertainement concept. Everything's artificial and pointless. The city stinks.

Have you ever been to Vegus?

18. No I haven't. Not a fan of gambling or kitsch.

19. I have and it wasn't that bad. Just seemed like a waste of money. It's like paying top dollar to eat at a gas station buffet.

20. Maybe the guy was really tired and couldn't sleep because of the noisy festival.

21. Gambling is dying, and they are focusing on food and entertainement. Food isn't affordable at all, especially when coming from $CAD

22. this picture really confused me. like the cops seem very focused but there is a bunch of dummies just hanging?
    also there is some pictures from people who were photographing the concert, prettycrazy going from performance photography to war zone photography, including bloody bodies in the trash strewn streets

23. ‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
    [​IMG]
    LAS VEGAS—In the hours following a violent rampage in Las Vegas in which a lone attacker killed more than 50 individuals and seriously injured 400 others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Monday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Iowa resident Kyle Rimmels, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep these individuals from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what they really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

As usual, onion gets to the heart of it

http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-prevent-says-only-nation-where-regularly-ha-57086

IdoL likes this.
  24. People are pretty fucking oblivious. I was in a Wal-mart once and apparently experienced a false burglary alarm at the bank there. I saw two cops in vests inside the store. One with a pistol drawn and one with an AR-15 aimed down the walkway between the bank and the cash registers. They slowly advanced towards the bank. Several people walked within feet of the cops completely unaware they were there. It wasn't until a good minute later other people other than myself and one other person even saw something going down. Eventually they got to the bank and started talking to the teller.

Well, it could have been worse had he been driving a truck.

25. doubt a truck would be worse, only thing worse would be a truck bomb