Learning About Cars

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by crossroads, Jun 29, 2012.

1. This should have probably went in Technical, but I wasn't sure how much traffic that gets now a'days. Anyway, just wondering how did you all learn what you know about cars? I pretty much don't know anything about them to be honest, so tips are appreciated as to good sites and such.

2. Become a TrueSportsCarMechanic

3. Gran turismo 2

4. i invented them

5. this is done by disassembling a car that hasn't run in about a decade and making it run.

6. I spoke to Raul at O.G. audio

7. I can't even remember. I didn't really pick it up from any one source.

8. #9 Damestic89, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  9. You don't know anyhing tho

10. knowledge amassed from 16-17 years of being really passionate about cars...

lately most of my learning comes from a few different forae and working on my car.

12. Lol

Usually a wall of text that i skip

14. Was going to post this

15. I used to "like" cars, I still don't know a fUcking thing about them

16. Learn from my father. Back in the late 60's, he blew a head gasket on his 1968 Dodge Dart GTS. He took apart the 340 cid engine and did a total rebuilt. I said that one day, I'll do the same and did a complete engine overall on my 1979 Plymouth Horizon TC3. He help me and from then on, I fixed most of my rides.

17. Respect.

18. #19 crossroads, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  19. i used to buy a lot of magazines. Evo and such

20. i just make shit up

21. be like nRo and say you have some E-class or something

22. I learned all my car stuff from a book called "Cars: what is this, i dont even"

23. Oh, so no one here knows anything...

24. It really depends on what you want to know about vehicle. what do you want to know is the question?