Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

Discussion in '2002 BMW M3 Cabriolet' started by BMWM32Nv, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

OH YEAH, hey jstalin, im all the way with u man. These dumb american rednecks think cause they have lots and lots and lots of horsepower they have good cars. ITs bullshit just like i said NASCAR is bullshit, with its 200 mph cars doin circles for 4 hours. WTF is that. SO i say hail to stalin and keep up the good work. HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SwedeLBROCK</i>
    <b>...For 55 grand I'd get a decent $5000 '72 Chevelle SS with the 454 cui...I'd spend the rest 50 grand on engine tuning, racing suspension...and the 30 year old Chevelle will EAT this weak ass BMW any day.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How sweet... even with a racing suspension you wouldn't be able to follow this babe on one of these nice 3 meter wide mountain routes on Corsica... as your 'Chevelle SS..whatever' with probably hundreds of horsepowers would need at least 70km/h to get enough downforce from that ugly looking rear wing for some traction you'd be on your way down the direct way after I'd say 2-3 turns... then your engine tuning wouldn't help you much...
    <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuPrA_RaCeR</i>
    <b>I dont understand u ppl.

The M3 is a great car. It the total package among sports cars. But why do u europeans keep trashin american cars, just b\c they have another idea or a different point of view then u ppl.

Why do the americans trash the M3. They dont know nething about it.
    How did supras come into this conv. I own one, i love them. But i have one question, i also own a modded GSX 1100R. Now when some of u ppl talk about bikes, i dont think u know what ur talkin about. My supra has roughly over 650hp and its nothing compared to my "crotch rocket", which is a #$%#ing amazing ride. And i do pick up plenty of chicks with both. Now to the ppl that think "crotch rockets" are shit. Come here, im gonna slap on a racing helmet on ur head, and make u climb on my bike and we'll see how many times i can make you apologize for ur stupid remarks.

And to Hocky069, ur an idoit, lets see if u have the balls to ride my bike, and to ride a bike u gotta have skill #%$it.

P.S. im not american and i also hate nascar.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Oh yeah hey if your gonna try and talk shit to me first learn how to spell idiot, thanks. OH yeah and im not gettin what possibly could fit in #%$it. id appreciate it if u would inform me. THanks again

4. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

What an idiotic topic.

I'll build a kit car that'll spank whatever other car you go and buy for 50,000. and it'll kill it by a bloody mile as well.

Thing is you get your crap car upto the same standard, handling not just straight line speed(anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line) and will it be as reliable, cost as much to run? I doubt it.

Also the interior on these cars are quite nice as well.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SwedeLBROCK</i>
    <b>...For 55 grand I'd get a decent $5000 '72 Chevelle SS with the 454 cui...I'd spend the rest 50 grand on engine tuning, racing suspension...and the 30 year old Chevelle will EAT this weak ass BMW any day.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Some people dont want to spend money on ugly-ass american shitbox cars...<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

All u stupid people argueing about buying an m3 over a old muscle car are stupid all of u even the ones that stick up for the m3. I would buy a import like a honda or something and with the 30,000 i save i would put after market parts in and kick ur m3s ass, not just on the straight but on the track to!!
    <!-- Signature -->

7. #107 Corax, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  8. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vipersrule</i>
    <b>All u stupid people argueing about buying an m3 over a old muscle car are stupid all of u even the ones that stick up for the m3. I would buy a import like a honda or something and with the 30,000 i save i would put after market parts in and kick ur m3s ass, not just on the straight but on the track to!!

Yeah, you could do that, but then you would still own some shitty honda, with cheap after market parts. Whereas buying a BMW, you get BMW parts, and at the end of the day you own a BMW, not some shitty honda.

angus<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

yep and I'll spend $55,000 on a kit car that'll rape you all.

whats the point?<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Dazzlarr</i>
    <b>yep and I'll spend $55,000 on a kit car that'll rape you all.

whats the point?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yes race your fake kit car agenst a REAL car<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Benz_AMG</i>
    <b>A lot of you guys don't really understand the topic. The Chevelle/any old muscle car with $55000 in upgrades is a better car then this M3. This is a quote from Mopar Man "there was a guy who took a 69 dodge dart with a 340 and a few mods to the engine and suspension .. took it racing and were beating porches and vettes .. early 90's ones mind you but still . it got roughly 20mpg on the highway if ya kept your foot out of it. luxury items well the were few and far between but it was cool what they did to it for under 15grand USD." So don't say that the M3 will out handle this car. This Dart will out handle your M3, but it doesn't look that nice. But you still have $40000 to spend on the interier and body etc. So, you go out buy a body kit, get 20" rims, etc. and you have a sweet car. Of course you should buy a body kit that looks good, but still retains performance. Don't believe me, watch Dr. Dre's videos or any rapper for that matter. I don't have any numbers for Mopar Man's Dodge Dart, but knowing that it was beating Posches and Vettes, it probably could if not beat this M3. If I could choose between the M3 and the old american muscle it would be a hard dicision, but since I would have to go through a lot of trouble to make the muscle car better then the M3, I would take the M3. Plus since I've never seen an old american car with $55000 in upgrades, spent on looks and performance, I would choose the M3 for its looks. Before you make your decision just picture this: one of Dr. Dre's cars (styled the way you like) that can outperform the M3 vs. a M3. The choice is yours.
    Ok lets recap because I know there are far too many idiots on these forms:
    1.Mopar Man stated the american car can outperform the M3
    2.Ugly? Everyone has their own opinion, but look at a rappers video. Check out their old american cars. They not bad looking.
    3.I would take the M3 over the american car because too much hassle.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

first of all it's obvious that u haven't driven any 6 cylinder BMW in your life
    as u turn on a BMW u feel ur adrelanin or something like that pumping up
    then as u turn first gear, and dive in the acceleration pedal reaching an rpm over 5 then tell me if you don't feel adrelanin going out your ears.
    all the power in BMW's is concentrated on the high rpms and that is imperial for highway driving
    i did 285 km/hr on a 1982 hartge 3 series. f****** crazy shit, pure adventure

12. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gerard1</i>
    <b>well if motor bikes suck ass for ur info a yamaha 750 cc can do 0-60 in 2.3 sec and a ducatti 996 cc can do 0-60 in 1.8 sec let me c u do that in heaven one day

that is TOTAL BS. 1.8sec, I dont think so. the GSX-R1000 2002 model does it in 2.7 seconds. And that is hard to do. Takes a lot of skill to do that.

Most big bikes will do about 3 to 3.5 seconds 0-60(0-100). But the average person cannot do it that quick, its quite hard to get the bike moving that quickly. Takes a lot LOT of practice and skill.

omg, 1.8 bloody hell, you'd need a drag bike to do that, not a stock duc 996. and the duc 996 aint as quick as the gsx-r1000 anyway.

and your friend tuned his m3 to beat a 750cc bike? a car that does 0-100 in 5 seconds, he managed to knock off 1.5 - 2 seconds with just some "tuning". Either the guy riding the bike was a total spaz or your fiends idea of "tuning" involves some much bigger tyres, preferably very soft compound, and some serious engine modifications.

I know how quick the M3 is, its awesome, but it aint as quick as a bike in a straight line.

and it definetly aint as quick as a $55,000US kit car.

and yes I ride a motorbike. 1.8 seconds on a 996, I'd pay to see that on a stock one. and I think everyone I go riding with would as well.

I aint having a go at the M3, i'm just pointing out how stupid this argument is which comes up all the time on this site. "oh i could get a ****** and spend the extra **** on it and it would rape this car".<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

about dragging bikes i blew off a Suzuki 650 in my E30 (its highly modified though) and looks pretty much stock with a M tech kit and bigger wheels for traction. Boy did he get a suprise, it was a rolling start though from about 40ks. But the bike got smoked by about 5 car lengths.

1.8 for a production bike i agree with the other guy, its never going to happen, i couldn't see a bike being manafactured making that kind of performance, imagine the uproar from the public about safety issues regarding them.

And about the M3 or the vette, i'd rather have the M3, 4 in comfort, luggage in the boot, sat nav, SMG or manual. Every kind of option you could hope for and i know which one i'd rather sit in if i was in an accident.

Though the vettes a nice car, i don't consider it above the M3

14. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

he shouldnt of, unless you can do the 1/4 in under 10 seconds.

unless its a fairly old bike.

roll on should be easier for most people. takes a lot of practice to get good take offs on a big bike, most arent very good at it.

One guy did the 1/4 mile in 12.4 something seconds on a TLR1000R doing a wheelie the whole way. which obviously slows you down a lot.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

Get the #$%# out of this forum! I could come up with the example of buying a Civic, suping it up and killing your precious Corvette if I were to follow your gay assed mind set. Ever heard of the terms luxury, technology, safety, quality, longevity, style, HANDLING, etc... All factors which a POS ChevelleSS lack.

The M3 gives you the performance of a Corvette and the luxury of a Caddilac (in American terms). Name me one American car that does that for $50,000 USD. If you think the M3 overpriced then maybe you should look at your unreliable Corvette with cheap shitty plastic interior that even Hyundai could outdo. And guess what, the Z06 is priced identical to the M3. <!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PABSTmullet</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SwedeLBROCK</i>

Get the #$%# out of this forum! I could come up with the example of buying a Civic, suping it up and killing your precious Corvette if I were to follow your gay assed mind set. Ever heard of the terms luxury, technology, safety, quality, longevity, style, HANDLING, etc... All factors which a POS ChevelleSS lack.

The M3 gives you the performance of a Corvette and the luxury of a Caddilac (in American terms). Name me one American car that does that for $50,000 USD. If you think the M3 overpriced then maybe you should look at your unreliable Corvette with cheap shitty plastic interior that even Hyundai could outdo. And guess what, the Z06 is priced identical to the M3. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Sorry, but a loaded M3 runs about 6,000$ more than a Z06 according to BMW and Chevy's sites. AND he won't talkin bout no corvette dumbshit, he said chevelle. AND my camaro is much cheaper than this shitter and will blow its doors off, WOOHOO GO CAMARO</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOL, I really got a good laugh out of that one trailor trash kid!!! You think your #$%#ing Camaro can beat an M3? Here are some numbers and some evidence and I hope it doesn't make you wet your diaper.

BMW M3- 0-60 in 4.6 seconds (Car and Driver)
    Camaro SS- 0-60 in 5.2 seconds (Car and Driver)

And the numbers I just gave you are of an SS which I doubt you own. You probably own the V6 Camaro with 160 bhp that does 0-60 in 9 seconds. And your shitbox Camaro does not have the safety, luxury, handling, braking, style, build quality, longevity, and prestige that an M3 has. So go back to your trailor park and wet your diaper you stupid loner.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PABSTmullet</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SwedeLBROCK</i>

The M3 gives you the performance of a Corvette and the luxury of a Caddilac (in American terms). Name me one American car that does that for $50,000 USD. If you think the M3 overpriced then maybe you should look at your unreliable Corvette with cheap shitty plastic interior that even Hyundai could outdo. And guess what, the Z06 is priced identical to the M3. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Sorry, but a loaded M3 runs about 6,000$ more than a Z06 according to BMW and Chevy's sites. AND he won't talkin bout no corvette dumbshit, he said chevelle. AND my camaro is much cheaper than this shitter and will blow its doors off, WOOHOO GO CAMARO</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOL, I really got a good laugh out of that one trailor trash kid!!! You think your #$%#ing Camaro can beat an M3? Here are some numbers and some evidence and I hope it doesn't make you wet your diaper.

BMW M3- 0-60 in 4.6 seconds (Car and Driver)
    Camaro SS- 0-60 in 5.2 seconds (Car and Driver)

And the numbers I just gave you are of an SS which I doubt you own. You probably own the V6 Camaro with 160 bhp that does 0-60 in 9 seconds. And your shitbox Camaro does not have the safety, luxury, handling, braking, style, build quality, longevity, and prestige that an M3 has. So go back to your trailor park and wet your diaper you stupid loner.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> YOu must not have seen my signature man, I have a modified camaro with about 675hp (look at the signature, no need to type it twice). I seriously doubt an M3 will give me a run worth anything. Trailer Trash, HELL YEAH, I openly admit that, but it don't mean I can't talk about cars like the rest of ya'll boys with your 50,000$ cars. <!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

Hey PABST or whatever your name is, at least you know that you are just trash. And thats great that you have your camaro. But are you really so ignorant to believe that you would be able to beat an M3 on a track? I'm sure you could in a straight line, no one is impressed by that.

Heres another point, the reason that people talk down about trash is because there is a reason they are trash, mainly because they are highly uneducated. That is why it is hard to take any of the things you say into account when making a decision. Just so you know.

Hey, aren't they taking the shit mobile camaro off the market? Isn't the M3 one of the hottest things on the market?

Angus<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b>Hey PABST or whatever your name is, at least you know that you are just trash. And thats great that you have your camaro. But are you really so ignorant to believe that you would be able to beat an M3 on a track? I'm sure you could in a straight line, no one is impressed by that.

Heres another point, the reason that people talk down about trash is because there is a reason they are trash, mainly because they are highly uneducated. That is why it is hard to take any of the things you say into account when making a decision. Just so you know.

Hey, aren't they taking the shit mobile camaro off the market? Isn't the M3 one of the hottest things on the market?

Angus</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> WELl, I don't care bout no dang track times, I race on the street. I'm trash and I don't care, I can still do my research same as any other, educated or not. They're taking the maro off the market with intent to redesign and put it back. Shit, my maro is old, I don't worry much bout them new maros. <!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PABSTmullet</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b>Hey PABST or whatever your name is, at least you know that you are just trash. And thats great that you have your camaro. But are you really so ignorant to believe that you would be able to beat an M3 on a track? I'm sure you could in a straight line, no one is impressed by that.

Angus</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> WELl, I don't care bout no dang track times, I race on the street. I'm trash and I don't care, I can still do my research same as any other, educated or not. They're taking the maro off the market with intent to redesign and put it back. Shit, my maro is old, I don't worry much bout them new maros. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah, thats great. When you say you race on the street, what do you mean? You go in a straight line, that is only one aspect of racing. Its so hard to argue with ignorance. This guy is probably a NASCAR fan, and finds Formula 1 racing too confusing with all those right turns.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from PABSTmullet</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Angisio_66</i>

Angus</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> WELl, I don't care bout no dang track times, I race on the street. I'm trash and I don't care, I can still do my research same as any other, educated or not. They're taking the maro off the market with intent to redesign and put it back. Shit, my maro is old, I don't worry much bout them new maros. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah, thats great. When you say you race on the street, what do you mean? You go in a straight line, that is only one aspect of racing. Its so hard to argue with ignorance. This guy is probably a NASCAR fan, and finds Formula 1 racing too confusing with all those right turns.

Angus</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

His cheap ass Camaro can't beat an M3 if it's stock. If were comparing modified cars here, then I can say that your Camaro will be embarrassed in a straight line by a Dinan M3, M3 GTR, M3 Laguna Seca etc... So I don't know why he brings up this irrelevant argument. Oh that's right he's uneducated trash like he admitted and that's why we're having this useless argument.<!-- Signature -->

22. #122 PABSTmullet, Aug 9, 2002
    Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BMW M</i>

Angus</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

His cheap ass Camaro can't beat an M3 if it's stock. If were comparing modified cars here, then I can say that your Camaro will be embarrassed in a straight line by a Dinan M3, M3 GTR, M3 Laguna Seca etc... So I don't know why he brings up this irrelevant argument. Oh that's right he's uneducated trash like he admitted and that's why we're having this useless argument.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> ARE YOU FUCKING STOOPID BOY??? How many times have I said it, MY CAMARO IS NOT STOCK. LOOK AT MY SGINATURE. IN case you can't to that, here's a link to whats under the hood: http://www.theengineshop.com/engine5.shtml . NO, I don't imagin I'll beat an M3 w/ 675hp hooked to a pro-built M21. NO (again, that there is sarcasm sonny). <!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Madhav</i>
    <b>Man all you seem to think about is horsepower. Don't you get what luxury, looks, comfort and exclusivity is all 'bout?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    i agree with madhav...it's definitely not always about the horsepower. u gotta think of all different aspects. but of course u kno that u want something that's both fast and comfortable. so stop with ur SS Chevelle...yeah maybe u can burn this car...but what else?<!-- Signature -->

24. #124 1q2w3e, Aug 9, 2002
    Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

oh my god. That red neck is such a #$%#ing knob. YOU DUMB **** your comparing a stock car to your modded one. Post some pics. My old rotary would piss on your shitter too. Bet it was cheaper as well. So would a mates, no drama there ran 10.4s on 14psi and its dynoed for 20 pound. www.rotormaster.com.au its a blue 4 door RX3 but you probably don't know what that it.

Does that make it a better car than the M3? Not a chance in hell.
    As the other guy said, compare your car to a tuned M3 and see who wins. God some people are ignorant. YOUR CAR IS TUNED NOT STOCK. Sorry for the repeditiveness but i think if i mention everything 3 times you might understand.

www.bavariacars.com.au has a 500 +hp M3 thats set up as a daily driver and isn't hard tuned it runs 12 psi and can be dialled up to 1 1/2 bar. thats 22 psi. Making easily over 600hp. But they don't run that much, know why? Cause they use it as a track and tarmac rally car. Not straight line drags. Show us some pictures of this car of yours.

and while your there, have a look at the motorsport section at the 2002. Think your shitter could take that? No arguements, considering were now talking totally tuned cars. Make sure you go check it out. I'll wait in eager anticipation to have a laugh at what you've got to say.

25. Re: Let me tell you what you get for $55000...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmer owner</i>
    <b>first off you are a complete moron for even compairing a european car to an american. Bmw has the slogan the ultimate driving machine for a reason. the m3 is one of the best cars on the road for the fact that a person could get the luxury of bmw and then also be able to blow away almost anyone. you must have never driven or even driven in a m3 because it gives you a great ride. but the 72ss on the other hand its not exactly a smooth ride and it is real loud. lastly ....you will maybe be able to spend less on a 1/4 mile car but the repairs and the constant problems you will get with it will curtainly make up for it. and dont forget...."we looked perfection in the eye and perfection blinked".....bmw m3

I have that poster.<!-- Signature -->