Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by painkiller, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

2. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

i dont even get y ppl get hondas n mod them...its the most pointless thing ever. first of all ther ugly, and second of all even wen they are modded they still suck.

3. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

you should all read what sparetire wrote.

GT40 isn't aimed to get honda buyers
    and it isnt even in the same price range

considering comparing this to an nsx:
    you must be very insecure to compare the new GT40 (and yes it is new), to a car that has been on the market nearly 15 years. not only that but comparing it to a cheaper car, with a different focus.

in my opinion
    NSX is a great car
    and GT40 is a great car

as for "GT R", reasons you would mod a honda:
    individuaity (providing your not copying someone)
    better performance
    the ability to shock a more powerful car at the lights
    and the list goes on.

anyway what i am saying to you all is that you must be very insecure to be critisising cars (and their manufacturers) in the way that you do.

4. Re:

Try comparing the costs of keeping a car running clean, efficient, and smooth like a Honda that has power like the GT40 and a value of up to 100k in it and this GT40. You would be spending so much more money keeping your Honda running than you would be spending to keep this thing running. This car is made to run endurance races, try making ANY Honda keep up with this in a 100 lap race... didn't think so biatch! Don't try to compare SUPERCARS with 4 BANGERS.

5. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

first of all, what is with everyone dissing ford. if u dont like ford then why r u posting here. i come from detroit, the hometown of ford and this concept. theres no doubt in my mind that any import car could beat the gt 40 in a race but what it comes down to is that basically most stock cars once maxed with mods can beat pretty much any unmodded stock car. theres countless numbers of maxed out imports that could beat this car, the f50, etc.

personnally if i had to choose between a fully moded NSX for 20 grand less or this, i would take the gt40 even tho the NSX could probably beat it.

this has been one of my first posts in a while by the way.

6. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

agred i dont think it is fair to compare a modded car to a stock one cos as u said u can do amazing things by moding a car. Sure the nsx is a bloody awsome car and i love it but still i prefer the ford. The ford goes a bit more then skin deep and year i supose u should expect it after 100 years. but the gt40 has been going for about 40 years. Both are completely different cars and both are realy nice i would take either if i had the chance. But as i said u canot compare a civic to gt40 like some of u dick heads are doing (anti domestic).

7. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

now you're talking!!
    everyone has his own feelings about cars, some love hondas, some hate them.
    I don't care, I just want to be able to say my opinion without people calling me shit and all that.

oh, and by the way, I don't like modded jap cars, although they will probably be able to beat many european cars.

8. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

why does everyone hate each other? what kind of car enthusiast are you guys? honda's are made for economy reasons, but they can be built out of it, mustangs for once weren't all that, back in the days mustangs were shit compared to the camaros (so everyone was once "losers"). everyone loves one thing for a reason, for me i love all kinds of car, maybe you guys should sit down and actually try to listen to each other, instead of going off with your keyboards. For me i believe gt40 is a great car, NSX is a well design car, maybe if you guys sat in one you guys would understand. And there was statment above about RX-7s being blown up and etc, means your really dumb, because you don't understand shit "all read never experince". I have a RX-7 TurboII and it seems to be going well, over 60 drag races and 3 autocross, no major problem. I also own a 1987 Grand National but i like driving my RX-7 more because it's a stick and handles pretty well PLUS it's a GRAND NATIONAL (ran 11.3 mostly stock), don't want to jack up the miles like crazy. I personally don't like front wheel drives because their beheavior on drag racing (front wheels come up, no traction, "always bad reaction time [can't deep stage]" but my friend's love honda's, they all run 11-10s, daily drivers too (don't believe me email me at stylinsyrup@yahoo.com and i'll send you a clip of my friends 11.01 run. in his suck ass civic)

just calm down people. love each other - u never know what you'll be endding up loving. and yes i work with alot of cars (mechanic@jtauto)

9. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

o yeah i was a die-hard import fan myself, but i opened up and realize all these great cars that i never known. I wasn't into american cars much but being a nice guy that i am i made alot of friends that are into the american scence. i rode in a fully gutted built mustang once that ran fastest 9.98 with a ford 9inch/slicks. Yes i was wow'd, same time rode in a GRAND NATIONAL and couldn't sleep until i had me one, 300ft. of torque@2k - you besta believe it.

10. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

i'd be shocked and impressed to see a type G NSX, sense they don't make a type G, i'd be really shocked to see one.

And have you ever noticed, when people are wrong they start insaulting other people?

"Honda Losers can lick my tingly balls"

11. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

A 9 second mustang will wow anyone. What year was it?

12. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

True all the way dude. The NSX should have never been built. No one buys them. If you look for a stylish fast car why the hell would you spend about 95k for a V6 ugly car that can get smoked by not only the GT40, Corvette (Z06, Lingenfelter, etc.), and Vipers but also Mustangs and Camaros for over 50-60k less.

13. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

And if the NSX was all about speed, I suppose someone might care. Until then, however, it's pretty irrelevant.

Have you ever driven an NSX? It's more fun than nearly any car I've ever driven, Corvette included.

14. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

Actually the body was modeled after the previous GT40's, which were created by British.

15. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

IŽve never seen an UGLIER PIECE OF SHIT than this mothaf?#%er! The car has no heritage and itŽs a typical WANNABE legend. ItŽs rear looks like an old monkeyass from Zimbabwe and itŽs engine is as UNRELIABLE as the powerplant in tschernobyl. So piss off and shut the f*ck up, you mothaf&%king bastard!!!

16. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

Well, it can beat a Mustang

17. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

Gee, that's funny, last I checked, the NSX-T (the SLOWEST of the NSX's, and NSX's aren't even designed for straightline acceleration!) was FASTER in the 1/4 than the Mustang Cobra and Camaro SS.

The NSX-R has also beaten the Corvette Z06, and is quite capable of doing so on a twisty track.

So I dunno what your problem is, but such a beautifully designed car that looks so damn good should not even be mentioned by fools like you.

18. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

This is really sad overall....people talk soo much shit to each other...whatever...anyways..where was I...#$%#ity #$%# #$%#. Blah blah blah....why can't you compare modded cars to the GT-40? what the #$%#..is not the GT-40 modded itself...freakin christ stupid people make me sick...I could compare this Ford to a Skyline and put money on a skyline. People need to stop talking outta their ass. The GT-40 was developed for the heritage. Yeah its got 500 hp...so does every other #$%#in car...jesus people..I thought this was a car forum...

19. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

Yea you know about the NSX having a great racing history. Never had one, doubt it ever will. Now the GT40, thats a classic. The NSX will never ever get to be as good as the GT40. If the GT40 is considered the "Ferrari killer" im sure Honda would be no problem.

20. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

Dude, it changed the entire face of racing as the world knew it when it was first introduced, it dominated its classes, left Ferrari reeling with the 355(?).

The first year it was entered in LeMans, the 4 NSX-R's (1995) were among the top 6 positions.

The NSX-R has achieved a Nurburgring laptime of 7:56, 1/10th of a second faster than the Z06, just as fast as the 911 GT3

Nobody here said the NSX would be as fast as the GT40, however, as good? The NSX is definitely as good of a car, but its handling capabilities are not enough to outweigh the GT40's handling capabilities to eliminate the power advantage. The GT40's 4 years of LeMan's victories may have caused it to be considered the "Ferrari Killer", but with the new GT that remains to be proven.

Now, the NSX-R is capable of outhandling the Murcielago (there are numerous races in which this is evident, the NSX-R is ahead in the twisty sections, sometimes it gains enough to win, sometimes the 2x power advantage of the Murcielago causes it to be overrun in the straights and lose), the NSX-R has also been proven to easily beat the 355 and 360 (the car the GT was targeted at to beat). There is still a Ferrari (which is actually in the GT's class) that the GT can't come close to - ENZO.

Dude, get your head out of your ass, Honda dominated F1 for longer than Ford Dominated LeMans (7 seasons as opposed to 4), a much more impressive feat. The NSX has quite a good racing history, and is respected by true car enthusiasts everywhere (if you know so much about it, then please explain why the version with less power - NSX-R, 276hp - is faster than the version with more power - Alex Zanardi NSX, Acura NSX-T, 290hp - if you can do that, then I'll just agree to disagree, if you can't, I'll tear your argument apart and lay into you), also respected by all of the best professional drivers out there, and hell, it was good enough for Ayrton Senna, and Alex Zanardi, it's definitely fast enough for you or me. Face it, Honda is not just an economy car company, they can actually engineer, so pay a little respect.

21. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

But when you compare the GT40's racing history to the NSX's history, GT40 had more success. Dont get me wrong i still enjoy some Jap racing cars. My favorite Jap race car would be the 787B, that i think is the best car to go to Le Mans.

22. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

Oh and i thought we were on the topic of Le Mans racing, not F1. (because the GT40 and NSX dont race in F1)

23. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

and I thought we were talking about Honda's racing history.

24. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

HA, what a mess, The name honda doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as a cr like this. I mean come on, so what if it costs more. And don't get me wrong the NSX is a wonderful car for it's price but I just don't think it compares to something like the GT40.

25. Re: Let's see some Honda crap take this on....

Dude, the JGTC spec NSX easily does. Can you say A-R-T-A?

anyway, the 2005 NSX should be quite close in performance.