Lexus copies the Europeans again

Discussion in 'Asian Forums' started by germanguy666, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Yes, this is about the '06 LS 460.

When the BMW 7-Series was introduced, many hated the design cues and futuristic styling. A petition to "fire Chris Bangle" was made. It's 2006. Japanese copy-cat Toyota decided to copy some of the design cues...and incorporate them in their new flagship model.

I checked CNN.com today and even they admit "The design seems a bit derivative of BMW..."

Not to mention the current LS looks just like the old Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

I understand that there are leaders and followers in every industry... but those who copy give me a grand pain in the ass.

2. Just take a look at the SC 430, another classic example of their original designs. At the very least they should try not to make it look as obvious, FFS the rear is almost identical.

3. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

4. Improvement is the sincerest form of embarassment.

5. Haha. Lexus sucks anyways.

6. What are you moaning about? This means that the copy cat japanese will have the all the bangle crap which for the sake of product differentiation will force BMW to move away from the Bangl-ist designs that you teutonic BMW purists and fanboys loath.

its a blessing in disguise.

7. the stole the passion.

8. Why must Lexus always pull this shit??

9. Same wrapper but better/improved shit.

10. that's arguable... I'm all for BMW engines and overall feel. The Lex may have improved reliability but who deseves the merit?

I say the pioneer.

11. BMW's are awesome and I never had a bad word about Bangle's design.

Shame you BMW purests didnt think so 3 years back. Why the hell do you care if Lexus copies it now?

12. Asians always copy europeans

13. atleast they're no GM

14. It looks good, better than the 7.

15. From what I've seen, I'd agree. Certainly against the original 7 before the revision.

17. because they lack the creativity to design their own damn cars!

18. I can't argue with your taste, buddy...that's always one thing that remains up to the indivudual. I beg to differ, but as I said it doesn't give either of us any ground.

The 7 came first. =)

19. Not necessarily a copy, more like an improvement.

20. looks better than the 7

21. the 7 was horrendous, you stupid german car fans shouldnt be proud of anything

22. German car fans act as if their nose is high in the air.

23. Lame thread

germanguy666, take your whining to Lexus.

24. german car fans ought to have 'em high --- they invented the automobile, and they continue to redefine it.

25. hahahahahahahahahaha hilarious