Life is all about...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by superserge, Dec 14, 2007.

1. i like this approach.

2. Then God will judge him accordingly for his rebellion. The only way to avoid God's wrath is to let Jesus accept the punishment for you. So if someone chooses to reject Jesus in this life, they're pretty screwed when they die.

3. So are you saying that the fact that the man is accredited to saving over a billion lives at his own expense has absolutely no bearing on whether or not he will get into heaven?

If Hitler legitimately repented on his death bed than he would either be on par (if Norman is a believer) or more holy than this guy (if Norman isn't a believer).

No, I don't see any flaws in this divine plan.

4. I rephrase,

Every humane emotion is linked to reproduction. In other words = Basic instinct.

The mind how ever has long since developed to a level where it can question the instincts if only rarely have influence over them.

We accept that given this ability we could speed up the process.

This however doesn't raise us higher as beings. The mind is just part of evolution. Speed up is its purpose -> Therefore even mind is maintaining Conquest.

Life is all about spreading life between beginning of existence and the end, my mind tells me human civilization is currently underachieving in this.

5. It's all about love

6. ugh baptists have such a sketched view of christianity, unbelievable.

7. This is a religion debate. You and your blasphemous logic can just STFU and GTFO.

8. "If Hitler legitimately repented on his death bed then he would either be on par (if Norman is a believer) or more holy than this guy (if Norman isn't a believer)."

Speaking strictly in terms of salvation, yes, that's how it works. God is willing to forgive anybody who truly repents. Even Hitler. But I don't think you understand the sacrificial nature of Jesus' death.

Hitler would be allowed into Heaven *BECAUSE* Jesus willingly accepted all of the divine wrath that he rightfully deserved. It's not that God just pretends he never sinned--it's that Jesus was punished on his behalf. He paid the price for Hitler's sins. And that's why Christians are always talking about God's immense love for mankind.

Let me share a relevant passage from the Bible...

This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him. -- John 3:16-18 (The Message)

9. To reply the first one; It means that Jesus was good indeed, as he was God's second account.

10. That's a little unfair. However I can live with it.

What doesn't make sense is how somebody rightfully deserves to go to hell purely based on what they believe in, and not on their actions.

11. Before I address your main comment, I want to thank you for being so mature and reasonable. It's rare to have a good conversation on SC.net because people like w00t and 944turb0 can't keep things civil and on-topic.

Anyway, I'd just like to clear something up. For the sake of argument, let's both agree that the God of the Bible is real and that His guidelines for mankind are clearly recorded in the Bible. Based on that circumstance, every human being in history (except Jesus) has committed a sin against God. They've lied or stolen or done something that's hurt another person in some way. And while you and I may not think that's a big deal (especially if the person frequently does nice things for people), to God those sins are equivalent to open rebellion. Violating God's commandments is nothing short of rejecting God, because by disobeying Him, we're especially following in Satan's footsteps.

Unfortunately, there is no magic formula in the Bible that says: 3sin = (good deeds)/2, so hopefully you can see how being benevolent to your fellow man doesn't do anything to repair the fractured relationship we have with God. In short, no amount of "work" can get you back into God's favor because He can't overlook sin. However, God isn't a cold-hearted jerk. He understands that we're incapable of saving ourselves, and that's exactly why Jesus came to bail us out of the mess we've gotten ourselves into.

Jesus alone can fix our relationship with God. On that cross He willingly took our place under God's banhammer so that the debt could be fulfilled. All of the rebelliousness that we've accrued to our accounts was paid in full by His sacrifice, thereby mending our relationship with God. If you need an analogy for this to make sense, think about that scene in Bruce Almighty where God shows Bruce the filing cabinet of his sins. Once a person accepts the forgiveness that Jesus offers, every document in that drawer gets placed in Jesus' cabinet, and from God's perspective, there's no longer anything keeping us from enjoying the beauty of Heaven alongside Him for eternity.

12. oh i can keep things ontopic if i want to, but this is general chat. and you, you just keep on ignoring people because they believe something else than you. it's pathetic really.

13. the funny thing about the bible is it was written by humans, same as every other religion's texts and there is no reason to believe what it says over say..the koran. The only reason luke believes in the bible and not the koran is because he was born and raised in a christian family and was told this is right and the others are wrong. thats what kinda makes me sick about organized religion. Every one of them thinks they are right, and the only premise its based off of is what they were told when they were kids. and then when faced with this argument they usually have some story to say it came to them in a dream or it just feels right, which of course, every other religion has people saying the same thing.

14. I'm curious. How were you raised?

15. Wealth. Not just material wealth.

16. love sex money drugs....

17. Luke's poasts make my HEAD ASPLODE*

*WITH THE LOVE OF JESUS FOR MY ETERNAL FATE (*)

(*) with stuff that doesn't make any sense to me at all

So luke, for real, respond to this part of my post. If God is real, and I'll run on your belief that he is, why would he create us in a way that makes us susceptible to things he happens to find offensive (that we also enjoy for the most part), and then expect us to not do it. Make this response reasonable please. Also, don't say Satan making us do things, because made him too, and he could have left angels out of the picture. And don't say sin existing and corrupting us, because Jesus declares what comes from without cannot defile, and even so, God would have allowed it to exist. And don't say to test us so we could live in eternal reward with him, because God is a pretty sick #$%# if he just creates the universe to test us, put the majority of us through unbearable pain and suffering (physical, mental, and spiritual (lol))...I mean, wouldn't God just make himself a PS3 and get drunk for all eternity rather than watch us suffer for him? Unless God is a sadist?*

*Perhaps he left a note on this in your transmission, when he healed it.

18. Catholic..went to church every sunday until the day I was confirmed, then never went again.

19. not every christian is as far away from reality as luke. im a christian, do you ever see me pointing out to everyone that they are wrong, no, because i don't think they are wrong. everyone has another view of the world and all and that's fine.

some people take the bible too serious, like for instance: revelation. some chrstian divisions(don't know how else to call them) believe jesus get's on earth and takes the christians away, and everyone else dies etc. if you don't take the lines written in the bible that serious, you will see that it's absolutely ridicilous to believe what i just said above. luke is unfortunately one of these people. it's the same with the islam, we call them extremists. allthough, i highly doubt luke will ever use violence.

most christians here read between the lines and think homosexuals are ok, sex before mariage is ok etc. it's just with these stuck up idiots who read anything they want to read that makes this christian world #$%#ed up.

/rant

20. religion is fUcked... its causes all the worlds problems.

21. No it doesn't, shut up.

22. #98 mclaren777, Dec 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    I think there's a really good chance that your questions will all be answered by this...

http://www.maximum-attack.com/essay.htm

23. this post is based on nothing.

24. yes it does... it always has. well religion, oil and greed.