"Lightning is the FASTEST production pick up on the PLANET !" w

Discussion in '1952 Porsche-Glöckler 356 Roadster' started by Lee Iacocca, Aug 9, 2002.

1. #1 Lee Iacocca, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    No other production pick up in the world can beat this ! check www.svt.ford.com <!-- Signature -->

2. Re:

this truck sucks. bring it up sumtime dude. i have an S15 to push it with.

3. Re:

yeah, S-15, now theres a winning truck :p

4. Re:

quote from ToughSqweez

this truck sucks. bring it up sumtime dude. i have an S15 to push it with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~yeah this truck is sad

5. #5 BigJoeT, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re:

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b>No other production pick up in the world can beat this ! check www.svt.ford.com </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Keep in mind this isnt your run of the mill pick up either. To many people this is a performance vehicle not a truck you normally tow stuff with or just throw crup in to take to the dump. It is a nice truck though<!-- Signature -->

6. Re:

i was just wondering what an s15 is??? i've never heard of it,.

7. Re: Re:

GET A LIFE

8. Re: Re:

GET A LIFE

people need to learn that civics with a fake type r badge and fart cannons do not kill vettes and lightnings

9. Re:

Piece of crap. How about racing this thing against a 78 Lil Red Express? Plus, the only way this thing is getting power is from the supercharger on it. Yea, right. Real performance at heart. Give me a break. The truck sucks.

10. Re: Re:

Power for little addition of weight, what's wrong with that? All police crusiers come with turbochargers and they can kick most cars ass out there on the roads today (160MPH and still climbing).

11. Re:

what mustang boss does 0-60 in 1.9 secs? certainly not the Boss 302, 351 or 429. And those are the only bosses i know of

12. Re: Re:

what the hell police cruisers come turbocharged? not the Vic or Malibu or Caprice

13. Re: Re:

I know the Crown Vickys do.

14. Re: Re:

The Ford SVT 10.0L Boss Mustang. (The 429) Yes it is the 429 not joking. Has frickin 10L... oh my gosh I just cant stop shaking my head. Thats sweet. The tack on 855hp with 790torque. And then they trow in a 3 speed auto tranny haha. Kinda funny. But hey if it gets the job done. But to answer your question it is the 429.

15. Re: Re:

Agree--very stylish truck. Very low. Looks great but i think it could easily be used for towing with its 440torque Triton engine (but dont tow too much.) In 2004 its gonna be a 500hp 500torque engine.

16. Re: Re:

Really though this truck does suck. Sucks as much and the 1995 Mclaren F1 right? I mean damn that thing is just slow and weak and... dang it just sucks... this is the like the truck form of the F1. Really though--a S15 wow now that power wow your gonna definately beat the worlds fastest truck with that baby.

17. Re: Re:

y do you go out of your way to bash cars you hate? y dont you go to dodge forums[other posts of yours make suspect you like them] and stay away from us.im suprised your nopt banned

18. Re: Re:

in canada[im not sure about down in the states] the RCMP and most local popo have mustang gts. there usually in the garadges waiting for a call and there all supercharged and pushing 350 hp they got a deal with ford of ca. to supply them with roots types and if there not in garadges there crusing highway 2 and look bone stock looking for speeders

19. Re: Re:

LOOK HERE PRICK *****, IN CASE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT AN S15 IS, ITS GMC'S VERSION OF THE CHEVY S10. IT HAS A 4.3 LITER STRATIT 6 AND CAN OUTPULL THE LIGHTNING BY 1 TON AND CAN HOLD THE SAME PAYLOAD, AND ITS IN A SMALLER CLASS....GET THE #$%# OVER IT, FORD
    U
    C
    K
    I
    N
    G
    SUCKS

20. Re: Re:

because this was designed to be able to tow above all else, the fact it does 0-60 in 5.5 secs even though its 5000 lbs was just an after afect.

21. Re: Re:

I AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT. IF THIS TRUCK HAD NO SUPERCHARGER IT WOULD ONLY BE GENERATING 270 HP.
    SO, BASICALLY FORD IS TAKING A $18000 TRUCK AND PUTTING A $2000 SUPERCHARGER ( THAT ONLY MAKES 8 PSI BOOST) AND JACKING THE PRICE UP $15OOO.... THATS BULLSHIT

22. Re: Re:

yes ofcouse because 8 psi makes 110 hp and the same in torque. they dont put in new camshafts, crankshafts either. Not even suspention tuning or a new intirior.

23. Re: Re:

the boss that does 0-60 in 1.9 is not a production boss that is why you havent heard of it but it has a 10.0 V-10 in it!

24. Re: Re:

Dude, you suck. You fail to realize that this thing wasnt designed to haul, but it was designed to haul ass (as in be fast). Your statement of Fords sucking is highly untrue (seeing as how neither your stupid S15 nor precious Silvy SS even have the balls to race this) and your use of caps is even more irritating. Get a life and learn a couple things about cars before you come on ranting your BS.

25. Re: Re:

again, I prove you wrong. This thing has an upgraded suspension, interior, transmission, engine, drive axle, and basically everything else needed to make it a fast truck as well as a superb handler. The fact that Chevy's Silverado SS doesnt even put out much more power than the regular Silvy yet costs the same as this is what you would call "bullshit". Consider that, *****!