long enuff front end????

Discussion in '1970 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona' started by CarCritic, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This better have a nice engine for that front end<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: long enuff front end????

you don't get many better engines than a V-12 Ferrari, my opinion: the Flat-12 in the Testarossa is the best-sounding engine in a road car.

3. Re: long enuff front end????

yea v12's are nice pigs but still nice<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: long enuff front end????

yeah, it's long enough!!! It has to fit a V12! anyway seen an E-Type Jag Lately?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: long enuff front end????

I love the look of this car. Fantastic, classic, timeless.

6. Re: long enuff front end????

The hood is long enough.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: long enuff front end????

Yes, but it is still a piece of eye-candy.

8. Re: long enuff front end????

hte car looks beautiful. the hood has to be long to fit the massive ferrari V12 in the front

9. Re: long enuff front end????

This hood is not too long,try looking at a damn viper,now there's a long as all hell hood,lol.

10. Re: long enuff front end????

lol

11. Re: long enuff front end????

Far too long, Ferrari are supposed to be technical experts, so the logical idea would be to reduce weight-v12s suck

12. Re: long enuff front end????

A long front end was the trend of the 60's. So if theirs a long front end the logical idea would to put a V12 in it. Its a classic.

13. Re: long enuff front end????

long hood + short deck = marvelous looking cars

14. Re: long enuff front end????

This car is no lightweight, but it is impressively quick. As for being nose-heavy, it's got perfect 50/50 weight distribution (helped by moving the transmission to the rear. Also, the car was designed by Guigaro, who also did the 308.

15. Re: long enuff front end????

When the Daytona was introduced, many were very disappointed in the design ... especially the long nose. They were expecting a mid-engined design response to the Miura from Ferrari. The Daytona was a bit heavy, but performance was excellent for the day.

To me, it is a beautiful flowing design and the long (did I mention long?) nose was spectacular! Yes, it is long enough. Yes, they needed room for the 12. Yes, I must have one!