Looks like the Montecarlo SS

Discussion in '1998 Chevrolet Intimidator Concept' started by mrlover, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Its the same thing with a diff engine. It sucks

2. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

Yeah, its just a Monte Carlo with a different name. Don't make different cars that are replicas of your other cars. It makes you look stupid.

3. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

I know it looks just the #$%#ing same, what's the deal with this!

ElCam71

4. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

The reason it looks the same is that it is cheaper to make concepts on existing platforms... it sucks but that is the way it is

5. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ToughSqweez</i>
    <b>Its the same thing with a diff engine. It sucks</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

dont kno why ure dissing chevy this thing is burnin eevryone in nascar and every other sport out there with racing. just the other day i was watchin cart racing on ch 7 over here and i saw that chevy could go 100 laps or sumething like that on full fuel or sumething happened like that proved to u that chevy rocks biatch dont care what it looks like chevy like a rock!

6. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

Its called a conecpt becuase they either where gonna use it for show off purpuse or to get a idea on wether or not to mass produce it or not.

It has alot of the same things the monte carlo has except the fact that its completely different. It has a juiced up flat 6 with the same bore as the monte carlo. it has an added 100 HP to it to make it alot more sporty then the monte carlo not to mention it has a roll cage and a full out racing body kit, which looks similar to a Nascar chev body kit. Just lookin at it doesnt mean it is a juiced up monte carlo im sure they where shootin alot higher then just a little bit different then the SS.

7. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

I was thinking it looks like a Monte Carlo mixed with a dodge avenger<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

Its probly how they got the design for the Monte Carlo<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

actually the monet carlo ss looks like this this doesnt look like a monte carlo ss seems this came out before the monet carlo ss that looks like this

10. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

Finally, these last two people seem to have it figured out. Take note of the year of this concept, 1998. Well, in 1998 the Monte Carlo was still the earlier generation to the Monte we have now. SO, that probably means that they used this concept car for the latest generaton of Monte Carlo's. In 1998 when this concept was debued, GM probably had no idea that the Monte would adopt this new design, but it did. Simple

11. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

duh it looks like one, why the hell does it say montecarlo on the windshield, its just a modified one

12. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

yep thats rite.

13. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

For all you idiots out there. This is a Monte Carlo SS , and the name Intimidator comes from Dale Earndhart (A.K.A. the Intimidator). THis car is just a little more modified than the SS.

14. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

This is just a Monte Carlo SS with a skirt.

15. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

This IS the Monte Carlo SS.And it don`t suck.But you do.

16. Re:

Having seen this car in person I can say it is more than just a Monte Carlo SS. As previously mentioned, this car was actually designed before the new style Monte Carlos were released. It was used as both a tribute to Dale Earnhardt and as a way for Chevy to display how it's upcoming NASCAR car would look. You cannot see the interior in any of the pictures on the site, but it is extremely nice. It has a full roll cage and 4 racing seats with racing harnesses. It also has racing wheels and pedals. There are many more features the car has but I cannot remember them all.

17. Re: Looks like the Montecarlo SS

in my opinion? fugly and in no way, shape or form intimidating

18. Maybe it's intimidating to Americans in some way (which I cannot fathom)