looks pretty mean

Discussion in '2002 Lincoln Continental Concept' started by 180SXTC, Aug 10, 2002.

1. different big stong look goin??<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: looks pretty mean

Well, if you take your grandma's car and cross it with a nascar racer
    this is what you might come out with.

3. Re: looks pretty mean

This looks crap, and its all because of Fords new "edge" design concept. You never stop to wonder how crap the next Mustang will look, or how bad the next MK of the GT40 will be ( if ford are smart enough to keep it in production). I really don't think this should be produced, sre it would be good to see the Continental badge back around ( even though i don't see Lincolns in AUS, only old school ones), but this is bad....it sorta has the same shitty mags as the 49 concept....bad sign :(<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: looks pretty mean

you must be blind

5. Re: looks pretty mean

the artists impresions of the new Mustang arent that bad, even though the Mustang sucks, has sucked, and will always suck

Supras, Skylines, and RX-7s r the best,have always been the best, and will always be the best

6. Re: looks pretty mean

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Shafty</i>
    <b>Well, if you take your grandma's car and cross it with a nascar racer
    this is what you might come out with.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You'd better be real careful what you say about those grandma cars. If you've never heard of a sleeper, go drive around and F#@* with every Caprice you can, you'll see what I mean.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: looks pretty mean

Once again, 9C1 man coming through. Sleepers are excellent. NO better feeling in beating a car that people think is fast in a car that looks normal or 'grandma' style. I read an article in Super Chevy (I think) about a 4 door nova from around 69 that runs about 11's in the 1/4 and mid to high 4 sec zero to sixty, yet its a four door with 14 steel wheels (does have nice tires, but most people wouldn't notice that), and faded white paint. This shoddy looking ride would still roast most street cars that people consider "fast." (I know its not the fastest thing on the road, so don't start feeding bullshit about how your M5 is faster or some shit like that)

8. Re: looks pretty mean

the M5 is the fastest procuction sedan the fastest sedan is sum tuned Merc that just beat Brabus's record of 330 km/h

9. Re: looks pretty mean

This car is the best of both worlds! It's got great traits from the classic Continentals (like the '65) and adds new technology & design. I would love to see this produced just like it is.

10. Re: looks pretty mean

Actually with a v12 I bet this thing would beat a M5 in a straight line. Would probably handle pretty good too if you consider this thing is a tank. This is American luxury tuned towards executives. People that buy these cars don't race yuppies in BMW's, you ignorant European. <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: looks pretty mean

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from screwamericancars</i>
    <b>the M5 is the fastest procuction sedan the fastest sedan is sum tuned Merc that just beat Brabus's record of 330 km/h</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Boy are you uninformed. The Fastest Sedan at present is a Turbo Charged Impala SS. It ran 219mph on the salt flats which is about 350kph. So before you jump to conclusions on American cars being big, slow yatch's you may want to check you info first.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: looks pretty mean

Sorry to say it, but this car is classic but also mean as hell! Congratulations Lincoln, love the new style.

13. Re: looks pretty mean

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supra Sonic</i>
    <b>This looks crap, and its all because of Fords new "edge" design concept. You never stop to wonder how crap the next Mustang will look, or how bad the next MK of the GT40 will be ( if ford are smart enough to keep it in production). I really don't think this should be produced, sre it would be good to see the Continental badge back around ( even though i don't see Lincolns in AUS, only old school ones), but this is bad....it sorta has the same shitty mags as the 49 concept....bad sign :(</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

-> ok beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    and I like new Edge styling so what?
    its nice to see designers are taking their chances to make cars that evoke feelings on you, I like the new GT40, I deffinitely love the Cougar, and the new Lincoln >Concepts as well.

The 49 is another clever, minimalist execution of J. Mays approach on car design. They should really put it into production <- they already got a plattform and powerplant from the T bird don't you think?->

Now regarding this car, it looks beautiful, simple, yet I like the Mk9 Concept more, maybe its because of the black color of that other car. <!-- Signature -->