Lotus Esprit V8 VS Ferrar F355 F1

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Esprit V8' started by Scotti Ducati, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Lotus Esprit V8 VS Ferrar F355 F1

WRX's are notorious understeeres on a dry track, they may 'grip' but they don't 'handle'. I assume you know the difference. You've obvoiously never driven a WRX fast have you?

2. Re: Lotus Esprit V8 VS Ferrar F355 F1

ya ferraris are nice and all but i mean come on, take on good look at the lotus and tell me you wouldn't drive it. some say they would rather have the ferrari but thats only because they think the name makes them look cooler to everyone else until they get smoked by some punk ass kid in a nitrous injected RX-7, like me for example. My RX-7 would kill any 355 on the road without a doubt.

3. Re: Lotus Esprit V8 VS Ferrar F355 F1

They handle very well. Yes I've driven one, it was at the end of the last stage on day 1 of a rally I was in, one of my competitors (well not really because we were in a different class) was driving one, and an emergency came up and he had to leave in another vehicle, his co-driver didn't have a license so he asked me to drive the car back to the hotel which was the working "headquarters" for the rally, and the co-driver let me thrash the hell out of it, I did a few hand brake turns, a few drifts, then on the way to the hotel the logging road turned into a paved twisty road and I tested it out on there, and if I wasn't careful and didn't transfer the weight properly it did suffer a bit of understeer, but not much, and it was easy to correct, the car is balanced for the driver to intentionally oversteer it. Overall, I drove the car for about 25 minutes over a distance of about 55km (the majority of the distance being logging roads and twisty mountain roads), so I got a decent feel for it, and I assure you it handles quite well even on dry pavement. Those that suffer understeer problems are driving it like they would drive a daily driver they are pushing hard, it should be driven like a performance car that you want to drift with, the driver should transfer the weight then oversteer enough to get the nose pointed in, then it will really shine on pavement.

What you say doesn't make sense as they're designed to handle without grip, and you contradict yourself in that understeer is a loss of grip.

4. Re: Lotus Esprit V8 VS Ferrar F355 F1

I would take ESPRIT over the F1 but not over GTS or Berlinatta versions of the F355.
    I just don't like the F1 style paddle-tap,lol
    Good old fashioned manual tranny all the way heh.

5. Re: Lotus Esprit V8 VS Ferrar F355 F1

6. Re: Lotus Esprit V8 VS Ferrar F355 F1

I doubt it, not while retaining some civility. Of course, if you can get 900 bhp out of a Civic, I'm sure it's possible...

But anyway, I would take the Esprit, but only assuming I could get a new gearbox. The Esprit's gearbox really does suck.

7. Re: Lotus Esprit V8 VS Ferrar F355 F1

I doubt it, not while retaining some civility. Of course, if you can get 900 bhp out of a Civic, I'm sure it's possible...

But anyway, I would take the Esprit, but only assuming I could get a new gearbox. The Esprit's gearbox really does suck.

8. Re: Lotus Esprit V8 VS Ferrar F355 F1

both cars are beautiful in my opinion. seeing both at one time was very unlikely. i dont know performance wise. id take the esprit.

9. Sorry, do realy want to put a Ferrari vs a Lotus???
    Lotus are my favourite cars, but Ferrari is at least a palm ahead, especially on track!!
    BoostValerio

10. Definitely the F355 is a superior car