Love the fake airscoops

Discussion in '2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R' started by 944turb0, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Re: Love the fake airscoops

Alright, I'll settle everyone's problem here, you're all idiots, except for this guy I quoted right here, nice post. First off, 2000CobraR, im sorry cause im a mustang fan, but in no way shape or form does this Cobra R "smoke" a z06. second, whoever believes this car has the aerodynamics of a brick, needs to be hit in the head with a brick, because as stated earlier, this car is one of the best handling car in its class, and handling comes from aerodynamics and balance of a car. third, how about all the die hard import fans go join their weekly circle jerk because you're just making yourselves look like asses. IMPORTS ARE NOT THE ONLY GOOD CARS, anyone who does not respect this car for what it is doesnt know anything about cars and shouldnt be allowed to drive. and lets have a hand for the kid who post's the site of a lotus beating a cobra R, because he compared to completely similar classes of cars... never mind that one weighs about 1000 pounds, costs more and is highly tuned and has been since it was first designed. PS if you didnt figure it out I was talking about the lotus.

2. Re: Love the fake airscoops

corect me if i am wrong but didnt the cobra R have real side scoops?
    i know all the production ones had the fake ones.

3. Re: Love the fake airscoops

look at the preformance numbers
    this car is fast but it wouldn't even come close to a Z06
    the scoops on this are functional and the scoops on the mach 1 are functional but the ones on the GT and V6 are fake

4. Re: Love the fake airscoops

Dude, you're one of the biggest idiots I know. This guys post isn't exactly the best numbnuts, and it is somewhat inaccurate. And guess what, the coefficient of drag is worse than a Civic, while a Civic is a passenger car, this is supposed to be a sports car. Not to mention the balance of the Mustang is not all that good.

AMERICAN CARS ARE NOT THE ONLY GOOD CARS EITHER, in fact, few are.

The reason he posted the site with the Lotus as an example was to prove a point that a "slow" 4banger is faster than this "superfast" V8.

P.S. The Mustang is ryced out, this one must not be (as I'm sure all the decals add tons of extra power), but if its not, then half the imports you fruits claim to be ryced out, must not be either, as they are equally functional, from oversized spoiler, to full bodykit, to oversized hoodscoop, and would run circles around this mustang.

5. when i was talking about the ZO6 i ment the 2001. that only had 385hp. they had to make the ZO6 in 2001 after the Cobra R just plain embarassed the C5, then when it was still just as fast, they had to make the ZO6 stronger for the next year. it sure is strange how all the morons on this post all seem to agree. btw the car list i had a while ago was in no particular order, so quit trying to pick me apart asshole.

6. First off chevelle, for the hundredth time, the performance numbers on this site are wrong. Way wrong. This car can top 187 mph, 0-60 in about 4.3 seconds(ranges) and can basically perform along with the Z06. 0-60 isn't everything. Numbers arnet everything. You could have a good driver who can pull fast times with the z06 or Cobra or a dumbshit driver who is slow with it.

7. First off chevelle, for the hundredth time, the performance numbers on this site are wrong. Way wrong. This car can top 187 mph, 0-60 in about 4.3 seconds(ranges) and can basically perform along with the Z06. 0-60 isn't everything. Numbers arnet everything. You could have a good driver who can pull fast times with the z06 or Cobra or a dumbshit driver who is slow with it.