LS6 needs to be updated

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by 2000CobraR, Apr 29, 2003.

1. This car still gets beat now, but i wonder what kind of awesome power figures it would get if the motor had some modern technology. Im not talkin about turbos or superchargers, those have been around for ever. Im talkin about DUAL OVER HEAD CAMS, and ditch those crappy push rods. Thats why in 10 years, most of these will have bent push rods, i guess chevy is just to cheap to work on some new valve train designs.

2. Re: LS6 needs to be updated

This car still gets beat by what? A Viper barely. Don't come in here spouting ignorance. The LS-6 is amazing as it is. It does not need the extra parts/weight of a DOHC motor. You realize the DOHC 4.6 in your beloved Mustangs is larger dimensionally than a Ford big block, right? Even your sig spews ignorance. The 2000 Cobra R, while looking very nice, is not as fast as a 385 hp Z06 and those tuner Mustangs are outrageously expensive for what you get. The fact that Chevy gets more hp out of a 5.7 OHV than Ford gets out of a DOHC 5.4 should be more than enough reason for you to do some hard thinking over the "superiority" of OHCs.

3. Re: LS6 needs to be updated

You don't like pushrods? Good for you, no one really cares. I, personnally, would rather have a 427 than any torqueless 10 000 rpm screamer.

All of Ford's best cars have had pushrods, why are you so eager to forget that?