M Coupe CSL

Discussion in '2002 BMW M3 CSL Concept' started by blaze4eva, Aug 26, 2002.

1. you see i never got this. instead of doing the m3, why not start from the m COUPE, tune THAT for 350 horsepower, do some weight reduction on a much smaller, nimble car than do the same modifcations of the m3. while the M coupe has 315 base horsepower, it really should be 333, the only reason its at 315 is simply because of packaging requirements. so anyhow i think this would be much better.

2. Re: M Coupe CSL

I imagine that car would be pretty squirely for regular driving on streets with those mods. It would be fast as hell though.

3. Re: M Coupe CSL

Now this is definitely a good idea - M Coupe CSL. That would be one hell of a lot of fun. The rear end could end up being quite a handful though for inexperienced customers.

4. Re: M Coupe CSL

What would be even better is renaming the M3 CSL too 3.2 CSL "BATMOBILE 2" and paint it the orginal CSL colours, polaris silver. now that would be great.

5. Re: M Coupe CSL

It is an interesting idea. Problem is, the M Coupe has semi-trailing arm rear suspension, which dates back to BMW's of old. The technically superior M3 was a better starting point, and it has proved far more popular than the niche-market M Coupe.