M1?

Discussion in '1972 BMW Turbo Concept' started by Ford_IsTrash8, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Is this not the concept that the M1 is based on?

2. Re: M1?

nope, the M1 was entirely designed by Lamborghini. this was based on th M1<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: M1?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari F60</i>
    <b>nope, the M1 was entirely designed by Lamborghini. this was based on th M1</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This car was designed by BMW to enter the supercar market, but as they didn't have experience on making supercars, they asked for Lamborghini to do a makeover (with the BMW's 6-cylinder engine), the result was a very different car which was named BMW M1.

4. Re: M1?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari F60</i>
    <b>nope, the M1 was entirely designed by Lamborghini. this was based on th M1</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This was designed by Paul Braqq, BMW's director of design that time...<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: M1?

When I look at the front , I can see the 850CI granny

6. Re: M1?

850ci?

To me it looks like a M1.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: M1?

I don't really give a damn who designed it. It's a cool car regardless.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: M1?

still looks like a maserati<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: M1?

exactly like which maserati?<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: M1?

yea ooks like a mix between an 850 and an M1<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: M1?

This would have been a very nice looking BMW indeed. This car is very well proportioned and has great lines. It would have been a true classic. The rims look much like the ones found on the Lamborghini Jalpa. Were any built except for the prototype?

12. Re: M1?

its a stretched M1<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: M1?

much hp for a 2 litre of it's time.

14. Re: M1?

any1 got any better pics of this car?

15. Re: M1?

well a 2.0L engine producin 280hp on stock is good u gotta admit, it the dodge vipers engine produced 800hp on stock then surely no other frount engined 160k car can beat

16. Looks like the M1 except for the rear end

17. the 850 was sick

18. it looks a lot like the Maserati Bora