M3 EXHAUST AUDIO CLIP -- VERY COOL LINK

Discussion in '2001 BMW M3' started by jfawwaz, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: M3 EXHAUST AUDIO CLIP -- VERY COOL LINK

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nurburgring</i>
    <b>...(except for the Porsche engine)....

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    sort of like a "mad hairdrier" sound huh? lol that always gets me, because its the perfect descriptin of what a porsche sounds like.

2. #2 nurburgring, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    M3 is a great car. I drove it for about half hour (6-speed Getrag stick, not the SMG II transmission).

My fave ride though is a stealthy CLK55. The 0-60 and quarter mile are within a few tenths between these cars so the difference will still be the driver's skill and the tires. They do similar times on the 'ring Nordschliefe.

AND UNLIKE THE M3 STRAIGHT-SIX, THE CLK HAS A 5.5L V8 THAT RUMBLES LOUD AND LOW LIKE A SMALLBLOCK CHEVY. THIS IS AN AWESOME SOUNDING EXHAUST. It's addictive...you find any excuse to hammer it just to HEAR IT while it slams you to into the seat!!

Here's a Renntech CLK smokin the rears!
    http://www.renntechmercedes.com/vr/pics/CLK/clkf_hi.jpg

Like I said, the M3 is GREAT... BUT I personally don't much like the exhaust note of the inline six's (except for the Porsche engine).

The M3 exhaust is okay, but a little high-pitched for my taste and sounds LIKE A CHAINSAW. Plus there is an exhaust resonator box that makes it BUZZY / RASPY.
    BUT IT IS A MATTER OF TASTE, this is just my opinion, so no offence meant if you like how it sounds.

Listen and judge for yourself:

This is a link to Leo's website, he's a certified M3 NUT. Near the pictures of the Steelgrey/ Imola-interior M3 is a link to an audio clip of the M3 Exhaust.
    Then, listen to how much better it sounds with the Eisenmann Exhaust.

What do you guys think?

<!-- Signature -->

3. #3 nurburgring, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: M3 EXHAUST AUDIO CLIP -- VERY COOL LINK

SORRY HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE M3 EXHAUST:

http://www.leo.nutz.de/

What do you guys think?
    <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: M3 EXHAUST AUDIO CLIP -- VERY COOL LINK

SORRY. The link doesn;t go directly to the audio clip. After you go to the link,
    then go to "BMW",
    then goto "M3 e46 SMGII First Impressions"

Near the photos of the grey M3 is the audio clips.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: M3 EXHAUST AUDIO CLIP -- VERY COOL LINK

Sounds damn awesome.

Still prefer the M5's NASCAR rumble though:D<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: M3 EXHAUST AUDIO CLIP -- VERY COOL LINK

oh man, downloaded it, volume up max....sent shivers down my spine, love listening to it. it's so raspy, nice and high pitched, like a screaming banshee. that leo guy is a wee bit obsessed ain't he...still, that ain't exactly a bad thnig!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: M3 EXHAUST AUDIO CLIP -- VERY COOL LINK

awesome sounding car...just luv it...L8rz

8. Re: M3 EXHAUST AUDIO CLIP -- VERY COOL LINK

this is car is soooo badass. <!-- Signature -->