Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1' started by Falcon1, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

I think the Xr8 really needs to be redisigned very soon because it is getting very old and ugly

2. I think that the mach 1 is just a normal mustang with a different paint job. I reckon that a stock XR8 would beat this because it has the same amount of power and has a aussie engine which is better than americans. FORDS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Re: Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

hate to point this out mate, but the xr8 is just a 220 kw 302...windsor...AMERICAN windsor...

at any rate, i doubt this is the case - the falcon is heavier, and really just a family car.. it lacks the rest of the required setup (the stang is oriented for performance, from the suspension to the diff ratio, etc etc)

however, the 250kw Tickford TE50 (with 500nm or torq..), which is an aussie tuned 347 windsor stroker, with its rather incredible (for a "domestic" as americans tend to refer to them...) suspension, brake, etc package has got a very good chance of out doing this in all respects except styling (being based on the ultra-crappy AU falcon...still..they did a good job trying to uncrapify it..)

(just as a feel good for the ford lovers around the place - street machine mag recently compared the te50 to the gto monaro, and came back with the result that except for the looks, the te50 wins hands down.. now all we need is that 310 kw GTHO with better style in the form of an av - still not perfect..but eh - and we'll be back in the 70's (ie winning!))

if ford want to get some respect back for the mustang, all they have to do is use the 5.4 litre quad cam tuned to that same 310 kw tickford say they can muster...

as many of the chevy lovers say, this is too little, too late

however - so long as ford stick to their guns with the 500 hp GT40 (which i doubt they'll do when bringing it into production) it doesn't matter much...

(bring back the 427 cammer in a mustang and we could have some fun however ;)

<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

the XR8 is a very nice car, i know some one who has one. Some people say they look bad, i believe that they arent the best looking car in the world, but they got it for me. The same people who have the current model XR8 also have a 77 Corvette Stingray - 350 chev (Sswweeeett!!) , the XR8 eats it with ease but the corvette gets better fuel ecomeny. So a 5L chews more then a 5.7???? Back to the question. The mustang would win, it isnt as heavy. As we all know the weight of the falcon is the only thing holding it back.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

Yeah this is only an aussie topic I think but I reakon the stang. By the way corvettestingray I reakon I CHOOSE is a pretty bloody good song off IXNAY what do you think. <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

yeah the offspring rule except for americana!
    Has anyone seen the new Roman Autotek XR8. It has a 6.4Liter V8, 6 speed gear box manual, 9 inch diff. With 370 kW (500 horses). 2 door
    The fords are all ready eating holdens but now, it is even better. If you want to get the article get the current issue of "AUSTRLIAN MUSSCLE CAR". I will posts some picks of this machine when i get them. Once again Aussie muscle cars rule! I like the Blue Oval but old Holdens are alright.
    <!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

8. Re: Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

Not all the new XR8 but tickford are still good.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from superRoo</i>
    <b>hate to point this out mate, but the xr8 is just a 220 kw 302...windsor...AMERICAN windsor...

at any rate, i doubt this is the case - the falcon is heavier, and really just a family car.. it lacks the rest of the required setup (the stang is oriented for performance, from the suspension to the diff ratio, etc etc)

however, the 250kw Tickford TE50 (with 500nm or torq..), which is an aussie tuned 347 windsor stroker, with its rather incredible (for a "domestic" as americans tend to refer to them...) suspension, brake, etc package has got a very good chance of out doing this in all respects except styling (being based on the ultra-crappy AU falcon...still..they did a good job trying to uncrapify it..)

(just as a feel good for the ford lovers around the place - street machine mag recently compared the te50 to the gto monaro, and came back with the result that except for the looks, the te50 wins hands down.. now all we need is that 310 kw GTHO with better style in the form of an av - still not perfect..but eh - and we'll be back in the 70's (ie winning!))

if ford want to get some respect back for the mustang, all they have to do is use the 5.4 litre quad cam tuned to that same 310 kw tickford say they can muster...

as many of the chevy lovers say, this is too little, too late

however - so long as ford stick to their guns with the 500 hp GT40 (which i doubt they'll do when bringing it into production) it doesn't matter much...

(bring back the 427 cammer in a mustang and we could have some fun however ;)

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    hey dude comparing the te50 to the gto, the te50 is the best that ford has to offer, where as the gto is not the best hsv, but still the gto can give the te50 a good challange.

im a holden man but i do like the te50, it is a real drivers car, its got handling, brakes and looks, the best looks that have come out of the ford range of au's yet.

but the gto has the looks and straight line grunt. still the te50 is awsome. its taken ford long enough tho. the coupes r a lot more revised than the sedans, hsv r still doin them as a luxury,sport where as ford have done the right thing and split them up, te50, ts50, tl50.
    holden need to get there act together and make a gts/r coupe whith the 300 kw or 350kw but with full sports stuff,meaning loose all that heavy luxury crap and do it like the japs do, then they will really kick arse, specially if they can get it down to the 1500kg bracket.

10. Re: Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

i compare the gto to the te50 because they are both around 250kw (255 for the gto..)

comparing the GTS (300kw) to the TE50 means the rest of it gets skewed (handling etc) coz everyone is so hung up on the power difference.

i agree with u about the what you say about liteweight - ford should too.. HSV are going for a GTP version of the clubsport..dunno bout the coupe...but that should rock

as for the more powerful version...wellll

the "monster monaro" that's being setup for Nations Cup (and as such needs a limited homogulation run..) is going to have a 400kw 427ci chev in it.. for some reason i doubt they'll want too many go slow bits on it ;)

checkmate as far as ford australia are concerned (for now..)

just hopin the GT40 makes it thru to production with its 500hp.. ;)<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

yeah, ive seen designs for the new falcon and xr's, the new falcon looks good but the r having trouble gettin the xr's to look good with the front lights. apperantly they r gonna have some good hpbut they look like they r gonna look bad, i hope they dont, its about time ford made a good lookin car,last good lookin ford being the hardtops.

12. Re: Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

The gt40 will make it through to production William Ford Jr. himself just greenlighted it for 03
    its a symbol of their new strategy and winning attitude
    and by the way FALCONS ROCK
    i dont know all too much about aussie cars but if a Ford can beat the next pontiac GTO that GM is so busy bragging about (Holden GTU) then go FORD besides the mustang mach1 is not the best FORD has to offer theres still the 03 SVT Cobra with its estimated 395 hp. and the GT40 for 03 with its 500 hp.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Mach1 vs Falcon XR8

I wish the GT-40 wouldnt be in limited production and be a bit closser to the Viper price though<!-- Signature -->