Make Mazda build the Mx-5 with the Taurus v6

Discussion in '2001 Mazda MX-5 MPS Concept' started by Hyundai1.6L, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Make Mazda build the Mx-5 with the Taurus v6

Can't. The way the SHO v-6 (I assume that's the one you meant) is designed, to turn it longitudinal and upright to fit the Miata bay would mean it would starve of oil.

But a Mustang 5.0 fits perfectly!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hyundai1.6L</i>
    <b> </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

2. Re: Make Mazda build the Mx-5 with the Taurus v6

Why would you put the Taurus engine in there, to make it too heavy? Weight matters y'know...

3. Word

4. Why does everybody take such a simple point of view. The balance problem posed by a V6 or a V8 in a Miata is a myth. Do you think when you put a V8 in a Miata you just use the stock 4 cylinder transmission, rear-end?

The proper modifications required are at both ends of the car. Balance is achieved in design attention.

Quit worrying about screwing up the precious little Miata in your mind. They fly and handle well with V8s. Just ask all the Porsche, BMW, and Viper owners that get passed by V8 Miatas at our track day events if they think those Miatas are "ruined".