Maserati vs. Porsche 911

Discussion in '2002 Maserati Coupé GT' started by 550 Slayer, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Which would you rather buy?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

For the looks, I definitely will take the Maserati but if I want performance and handling, definitely the Porsche 911. I never like the looks for any Porsche but I have to admit that for performance and handling, Porsche is one of the best.

3. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

well i love porsche, for everything there looks (too me its got tons of class) great speed, handling, best braking on earth, and they always provide great luxury all together for a fairly low price, so in other words any 911 (new) over this.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

could i take both?<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

i dont really see the equivalence between the cars in /this/ thread either... but for luxury, definately the Maserati... not quite made for performance, also performance id never be able to use anyway (though definately tempting to have) and the HP it has definately will blow away plenty of cars /in its class/ (keep that in mind). that, and ive seen one Maserati in the past year and a half, and it was an old 80's sedan model that someone's dad owned & parked it at the ol' high skool... i see porsches every day. so for the exclusivity, so to speak, ill take the Mazy ;-)<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

I would prefer the Porsche. In my experience, Maserati has iffy reliability and fit and finish. Nothing is more humiliating than an expensive exotic that is broken down by the side of the road or one that is always in the shop.

7. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

i pick 911 ova dis anyday. <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

i'd take a old 911 gt2 or Ruf ctr2 over this but i wouldn't even wanted to be found dead in an new 911.
    So its this over any new 911

9. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from shefx</i>
    <b>well i love porsche, for everything there looks (too me its got tons of class) great speed, handling, best braking on earth, and they always provide great luxury all together for a fairly low price, so in other words any 911 (new) over this.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->porsche brakes are out done by corvettes but i would love to haver this car it s truely sweet

10. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

The Maserati... you are cruising along in your porche and people be like 'Nice'
    Now, I am cruising along in my Maserati and people be like 'WHOA! WHAT CAR IS THAT!!! NICE!!!!'
    Plus I personally prefer luxury over preformance so... Maserati 4200GT...

11. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

I'll take the Porsche .
    Porsche is one of the best cars company for me .This Maserati is ugly.

Air is free,get some.

12. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

Porsche. Every minute of every day. As you were saying, performance
    and handling is better on the porsche. And luxury - What the hell does the maserati has that the 911 doesn't?
    Get real. a new 911 is one of the most luxurious cars ever.
    And Camaroboy, What F**K are you talking about????
    Porsche makes the best brakes ever, the new GT2 brakes better than the McLaren F1, even though the F1 is lighter (It's a fact, in the same test the GT2 beat also a Diablo). If the Vette brakes better it is only because it weights less. Plus, under heavy duty braking, the porsche brakes keep perfroming as if you just got new discs, whereas the Vette brakes get too hot quite faster.
    Don't mess with Porsche Brakes, certainly not with the new ceramic-composite brake discs, which are an option on any 911. (rather expensive option, though...)

13. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

i'll take a porsche anytime....but maseratis are way, way more uncommon....which is good if u wanna brag about cars others dont have.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

I own a newer Porsche 911 with the ceramics brakes on it, they are the best brakes around, but i test drove my friends 911 same model without the ceramic brakes and i think they are the same until the brakes are used really hard, then the ceramic brakes are definetly the best.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

The Masa is faster than the standard 911 (996). the only problem they have is the build quality. The 2000 car that I had could not compete at all with the Porka. However, if it is style, class, performance, beautiful interior, exhaust sound and individuality you are after the Porka can't compete...

16. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

actually that shefx guy is retarded. The Z06 beat the 911 in every aspect. and it cost half as much.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

Sorry for all the porsche fan but in a recent test of the german! Magazine "auto motor und sport" the maserati cambiocorsa is the winner. they even gat the 25hp tuning version of the 911 becouse they where afrait that the more powerfull maserati was to much for the normal 911. "the comparison has had the anticipated result and the injection of power results insufficient to win over the facts: the "coupe cambiocorsa" has been held best as it regards the fundamental characteristics: a more complete auto as a whole. now for the jaguar fans from england the last number of the english magazine "auto express" it publishes a test comparison among the new "spyder" and the "xkr. well, the verdict is favorable to the maserati, defined a great deal more "exciting to drive", in comparison to the competing xkr, particularly, for the temperament of the maserati engine and the strong character. the jaguar is a good car, however, not to the height of the "spyder." so maserati is a better car, more confortable, more easy to handle, more sportive, better performing and have four seets for two nice ladies in the back!! i am very sorry for porsche and jaguar but maserati rules( and looks much better!!But this is a personal opinion)

18. #18 AshenShadow, Oct 31, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

Interesting. Overall, I find the Carrera a bit more appealing, as far as looks, value, resale and performance are concerned. On top of that, the Carrera is reasonably cheap to service, even when compared to cars such as the M3. I would only fork out the $$ for the Maserati if I had money to burn, frankly. For this price (or a little more) you can have a Carrera 4S, which may not be as fast, but is certainly more economical, as well as turning more heads. On an apples for apples basis though, I reckon the standard Carrera, at around AU$30k less, is the obvious choice. And in my opinion, if that's the case it's better to save a total of AU$70k and buy an M3, which has been proven to better the Carrera on a few occasions.

http://www.motormag.com.au

19. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

Hahahahahahaha...........dream on!

20. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

Im thinking of buying a car in the $100 000 range and i would love to get your guys opinions on what i should buy, ive already got a BMW and a Mercedes so i dont want one of those.

21. #21 contedimontecristo, Nov 26, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

http://members.roadfly.com/jason/m3engines.htm

For the Porsche this is a question of personal opinion, I personally prefer the Maserati because of performance and confort for 4 person.
    But for sure not a BMW because when the warranty will expired you will end to spend much, much more then buying Maserati or Porsche in replacing all the engines that blown up every 5000 10000 miles!!
    Belive me do not buy a M3!!! Save your money. They have major problems seens years. Check the web site wich is only know by few people and you will see 112 engines failure (all new cars). But I can tell you that there are 1000 of this engines and Gearbox(very dangerous)failures over Us and Europe.I personally think that

the price you are talking about are not real! Porsche and Maserati are very similar in prices and I would say that Maserati offer more options over the Carrera for the same price!!
    But I am always convince that a nice test drive will clear every doubt eather for Masa or Porke.

22. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

No it's not. Porsche has been faster than Maserati, you dummy.

23. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

1.) Shefx isn't retarded
    2.) The Z06 has beaten the 996 TURBO in many ways but then again the 996 has beaten the Z06 also.

24. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

boring mans ferrari, i reckon the cambiocorsa looks too plain. considering its pretty much a ferrari this is wrong. otherwise it seems like a reasonably good quality buy. and id certainly buy this over a carrera, its 7kw more powerfull, and the v8 appeals to me. paddle shift looks fun aswell. considering maseratis position as secondary ferrari they should be making more exciting cars than this.

25. Re: Maserati vs. Porsche 911

well people that dont kno cars would probly think this is a jag xkr