Mazda and its rotary engines

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-8' started by MethoM, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Mazda and its rotary engines

Cheers!

Mazda RotaryŽs strikes again!

get ready for it<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Mazda and its rotary engines

good call<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Mazda and its rotary engines

YOU PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS!!! OTHER CARS DONT HAVE THE ROTARY BECAUSE MAZDA OWNS THE RIGHT TO IT!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Mazda and its rotary engines

rotary engines are better but less people know about them and so if something goes wrong your kinda screwed. but they are better cuz they have only three main moving parts compared to the internal combustion engine's 50 or so. meaning it has less friction so greater power. i dont know too much about it but i think more rotors and larger displacement is more difficult to create using rotary but it doesn't really matter does it? mazda 787b no turbo 2.6 liter engine quad rotary makes 700 hp and won lemans. so.....YOUR WRONG

5. #5 Real Rotary, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: Mazda and its rotary engines

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from blaze4eva</i>
    <b>rotary engines are better but less people know about them and so if something goes wrong your kinda screwed. but they are better cuz they have only three main moving parts compared to the internal combustion engine's 50 or so. meaning it has less friction so greater power. i dont know too much about it but i think more rotors and larger displacement is more difficult to create using rotary but it doesn't really matter does it? mazda 787b no turbo 2.6 liter engine quad rotary makes 700 hp and won lemans. so.....YOUR WRONG</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Actually, all car engines are internal combustion. If you would like to learn more about the rotary and how its displacement and everything works, go to www.howstuffworks.com/rotary-engine.htm <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Mazda and its rotary engines

Do you even realize the new rotary redlines at 10 grand from the factory? Making it replace the S2000 as the highest reving production car when it goes on sale. And cheers to ford for allowing the return of the Rotary.
    -clerkick
    81 Rx-7

7. Re: Mazda and its rotary engines

there were corvette concepts way back in the day with rotary engines, the XP-897GT concept used a 2.2 liter 2 rotor engine.