MCKAREN KICKS THE PIECE OF SHIT'S ASS

Discussion in '1998 Porsche 911 GT1 ’98 Straßenversion' started by death1234, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: MCKAREN KICKS THE PIECE OF SHIT'S ASS

I believe I have been waiting most of my life to here someone of you’re intelligence speak “The_Koof” not many people understand there is more to a car than top speed and a quarter mile the McLaren is undoubtedly the best car ever made thanks for understanding.

2. Re: MCKAREN KICKS THE PIECE OF SHIT'S ASS

EXACTLY!

Lets say you wanted to race through a large neighborhood. You in a GT1 and the person you are racing in a McLaren F1. Do you think you have the time to get to your top speed? No. So that obviously means that the McLaren can't either. The only thing left is acceleration, which the GT1 OWNZ!!

3. Re: MCKAREN KICKS THE PIECE OF SHIT'S ASS

dont be such a #%$got english teacher. o man

4. Re: MCKAREN KICKS THE PIECE OF SHIT'S ASS

LOL! maybe you should look up some more cars on this f-in site! dude there are so many cars that kick the F1's ass. you gotta fuggin remember the McLaren F1 had to use TWO bloody bmw engines to do that good. the ferrari enzo beats it with ONE engine. and no turbo or anything. dont be trying to look like ur so f-in tough. THE BEST CAR YOU CAN BUY IS A FERRARI ENZO. GET A MCLAREN RAPER FOR 1/2 THE PRICE. nd dont ***** about top speeds u losers, acceleration and handling is ALL a car needs.

5. how old is this thread?
    i kinda just registered so excuse if i may be bringing it back to life...
    this argument has been in my head for as long as i have known of both cars...

the 911 GT1 beat the Mclaren on its first year at Le Mans.
    the GT1 was never meant to be a road car, it was some requrement for porsche to participate in Le Mans... which results in this beautiful car today known to us as the 911 GT1.

and as y'all have been flaming each other, we need to take a break and give due respect to both cars. Both are rare gems which are unattainable to most mortals. as i once read in car comparison review, "they compliment each other rather than competing." Competition between the GT1 and the Mclaren is inevitable, but it can be said that they also compliment each other.

with that said, lets look at the facts...
    McLaren F1:
    ---0-60: 3.4 sec
    ---1/4 mile: 11.6
    ---Top Speed: 240 mph

911 GT1:
    ---0-60: 3.3 sec
    ---1/4 mile: 11.0 sec
    ---Top Speed: 174 mph

this is the data that i collected, so according to this, Porsche is much faster in accleration, but low top speed.
    and as most ppl have already said: top speed doesnt really matter so much, i would def say that Porsche GT1 is a slightly better car.

the main reason that ppl dont like the GT1 as much is because it wasnt as well-known. no one really tried to make it a true road car as McLaren was later made into.

6. And that clearly explains why the GT1 is 0.5 seconds quicker to 100 mph and at that point would have the lead in the race. I don't think your title is acceptable.

7. Idiot.The Porsche GTR-1 (with 549hp)AND Mercedes GRT-1 (with around 612hp)routinely kicked the crap out of the F1 Mclaren in LeMans once they started entering.So not only are you wrong your an idiot for not checking things out before posting.You may love the Mclaren F1 as do i and most everyony else but facts are facts.

8. God, there archlight I totally agree with you, sh*t from '98-'00 in GTP, (ALMS's GT based prototype racing car class) nothing (and I mean this respectfully to the McLaren F1 and Mercedes CLK-GTR fans/enthusiasts), NOTHING could even come close to this in the LeMans 24 hour race at all!

F*ck, in that span of 2 or 3 years, they'd finish with at least 3 or 4 911 GT1s in the first top 5 place finishes, losing only once to the '99 Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR LM, in 1999 obviously.